Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Solid Axle Suspension

Notices

My re- SAS 05 DCAB build

Old 02-05-2014, 07:37 AM   #21
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Phil Dammit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by I8AJEEP View Post
24" or less
And this is why I know you know what you are doing, SUB'd
Old 02-05-2014, 07:39 AM   #22
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
And I'm here Definitely that you get TIG welds, your's is gonna make mine look like a hackjob!

This should turn out great! And I should be swapping springs up front this weekend so I will keep you posted. I am at 24.5 and going to be even lower so you should have no problems!
Old 03-08-2014, 07:18 PM   #23
Gear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
Gear Head's Tacoma Gallery
Uhhh subbed! And you're not far from me at all. I may have to come check it out some time
Old 03-08-2014, 08:11 PM   #24
thekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thekernel114's Tacoma Gallery
sub's as well for future use.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:00 AM   #25
Dynamite Design Josh
I8AJEEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedI8AJEEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedI8AJEEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedI8AJEEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedI8AJEEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedI8AJEEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedI8AJEEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedI8AJEEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedI8AJEEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedI8AJEEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedI8AJEEP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Josh
I8AJEEP's Tacoma Gallery
I have not abandoned the build thread. progress is slow. venders are slower. looks like we will be starting end of march early april…stay tuned
Old 03-09-2014, 11:08 AM   #26
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-09-2014, 11:10 AM   #27
HARD CAAAAAAARRRRRRRL
Papa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
Papa Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-06-2014, 10:21 AM   #28
Dynamite Design Josh
I8AJEEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedI8AJEEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedI8AJEEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedI8AJEEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedI8AJEEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedI8AJEEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedI8AJEEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedI8AJEEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedI8AJEEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedI8AJEEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedI8AJEEP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
I8AJEEP's Tacoma Gallery
All right it has begun!!! Two years of planning and gathering parts and I have finally pulled the trigger!
I want to start off and give MAJOR props to a few people. First is Mark (NWItaco) building the brackets and answering numerous questions probably to the point of driving him mad.
next would be the members of TW and RST. I have queried and trolled these forums, and others, for two years building the knowledge to do this project.
Finially and most important is David Guest of Dynamite Design. David is my fabricator and is putting most of the work in. I have done the foot work and the design work but David will be taking it all to the next level. David is a very unique individual. he is very humble, patient and actually listens to what I have to say. The guy is a very very accomplished fabricator and has every right to say his opinion caries more weight than mine. But he also understands that the customer is right. We have been working together on this project since he shaved my front and rear axels. We have built a pretty good friendship. he is as I said an accomplished builder that is starting his own show currently. He started off at Wide Open Design and among other things built this
needless to say I came into this project with an ace up my sleeve and a supreme amount of confidence. He and I have thrown around quite a few ideas. Ideas that started off in my head as just wanting my truck better and cleaner that the other ones out there. things that he hopes and now I believe will help the second gen Taco community out substantially and will be well received but they are no long my ideas, so I will only tease until we let the cot out of the bag and this turd is done being built. Needless to say if you are in the South Eastern US and are looking to SAS your tacoma this is the guys you want. Very pleased to have him on my side…on to the build

this is how we started off in the morning. pay close attention to the axels location…all of this will be changed
we started the tear down and here is a progression
as you can see there is plenty of crap left o do. David will be redoing the frame plates and TIG welding them so it doesn't look like ass any more and finish cutting of the old crap.
Next weekend the plan is to install the DMZ fab motor mount gussets, mock up and mount the steering box and steering shaft, and locate the axel so I can order the aluminum links. The fallowing well the Dana 60 front is going to Raleigh to East Coast Gear to get a new ARB and gears. Stay tuned!
Old 04-06-2014, 10:24 AM   #29
thekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thekernel114's Tacoma Gallery
This build is going to be awesome, cant wait to see the finished product.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:40 PM   #30
Dynamite Design Josh

Army:
I8AJEEP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekernel114 View Post
This build is going to be awesome, cant wait to see the finished product.
neither can I…2 years of research and gathering. I am finding it hard to stop working on the truck. I just want to push it. poor David was hung over from his birthday party the night before…I think I ran him in the ground Saturday. My wife had to call and tell me to come home
Old 04-06-2014, 03:08 PM   #31
awsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shed
awsumdc's Tacoma Gallery
Nice man. Can't wait to see what you come up with.
Old 04-06-2014, 03:18 PM   #32
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Wow. Subbed!
Old 04-06-2014, 03:21 PM   #33
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-06-2014, 03:25 PM   #34
Im not like the other Crumbs, Im my own Crumb
NEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud of

Name: JAKE
NEWBIETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Dammit how much longer? I want more pics and for it to be done im sure your excited as hell and can see the finished product. I have seen the products from NWItaco for SAS and Mark does nothing good quality work and is a super nice guy. You defiantly did your homework on good builders and fabricators. That tube buggy is awesome though the Tacoma will be better.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:31 AM   #35
Dynamite Fabricator
Dynamite Design is on a distinguished road

Name: David
Dynamite Design's Tacoma Gallery
Hey everybody, I'm David. Coming from the desert racing side of things and the KOH world, I was surprised to hear that there are so few companies developing solid axle suspension for these trucks. In my experience with new age rock crawling machines I have learned that the closer and closer they evolve into the desert, the better they work in the rocks.

I just got my hands dirty with this truck in the last couple days. I can sense Josh's expectations are growing, along with all of the good people who are clicking to see progress. As you can see there is a lot of work to do!

Just wanted to make an appearance in the thread, now that things are under way. I've got some tricks up my sleeve and new ideas rolling in everyday. I hate to add to the suspense but, this should be pretty damn cool....
Attached Thumbnails
My re- SAS 05 DCAB build-10167953_279619982213208_1125961984_n.jpg  
Old 04-07-2014, 06:06 AM   #37
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the props Josh, I can't wait to see the final result!
Old 04-07-2014, 08:08 AM   #38
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite Design View Post
Hey everybody, I'm David. Coming from the desert racing side of things and the KOH world, I was surprised to hear that there are so few companies developing solid axle suspension for these trucks. In my experience with new age rock crawling machines I have learned that the closer and closer they evolve into the desert, the better they work in the rocks.

I just got my hands dirty with this truck in the last couple days. I can sense Josh's expectations are growing, along with all of the good people who are clicking to see progress. As you can see there is a lot of work to do!

Just wanted to make an appearance in the thread, now that things are under way. I've got some tricks up my sleeve and new ideas rolling in everyday. I hate to add to the suspense but, this should be pretty damn cool....

What the hell happened to that frame? Did they cut into the right side and then weld it back together?
Old 04-07-2014, 08:14 AM   #39
tacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
tacoma16's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Dammit View Post
What the hell happened to that frame? Did they cut into the right side and then weld it back together?
I think they cut the frame reinforcement plates, as they want to tig weld new plates on. Trying to clean it up I believe.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:15 AM   #40
Peanut butter mini time

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma16 View Post
I think they cut the frame reinforcement plates, as they want to tig weld new plates on. Trying to clean it up I believe.
I see that and completely agree with the cut and redo, I was talking about the random welds to the right of that plate on the frame itself..... at first glance it does not look like a factory weld point. I could be wrong though.