Notices

Scuba's 99 Single Cab SAS.. 5 Years in the Making

Old 03-18-2014, 08:39 PM   #41
Dwill817 is on a distinguished road
Name: Drew
Dwill817's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TherealScuba View Post
Thanks! And nope. Here in Austin, Texas now.
Dang, just missed you then. I stayed up at creedmore a lot when it first opened. I'm sure I saw you. Lol
Old 03-18-2014, 08:51 PM   #42
TherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
TherealScuba's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwill817 View Post
Dang, just missed you then. I stayed up at creedmore a lot when it first opened. I'm sure I saw you. Lol
I was working at Creedmoor from Mid April -early September.
I was laid off a couple weeks before their huge grand opening at the end of September.
If you're saying you visited there a lot after their grand opening, you probably never saw me. I was here in Texas by then.

This is me, BTW. And yes, that's my truck on my birthday cake.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:20 AM   #44
Dwill817 is on a distinguished road
Name: Drew
Dwill817's Tacoma Gallery
I was there a good bit before they had the whole grand opening thing. Idk I can't remember. Who cares? You live in Texas now lol..
Old 03-19-2014, 12:31 PM   #45
TherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Got my knuckles and spindles washed up today. Need more cleaning. There's 10 years of caked on grease on the knuckles. I'll probably soak them in something overnight soon.

Got the axles out of the tundra rear. Tried getting the 3rd out but the fipg has it very stuck. Will try again soon.

Got my brake brackets painted. Color matched them to the truck. Didn't feel like buying black paint and I had this stuff laying around.

That's all for today. Really can't do much else with the front axle until its under the truck.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:16 PM   #46

Went over to the storage unit today to drop off my steering shaft u-joint, my new manual hubs, and a set of free bilstein 12's I got from a friend. Also wanted to get the knuckles, spindles, and these manual hubs soaking in some purple power to get them a bit more clean.

The FROR hanger kit should be shipping this week.
I'll be buying the correct steering box in the next day or two after summit finally refunds my money.
After that, I'll have under $1000 of remaining parts that I need before I can start cutting.
I removed the AP shock hoops from my list. They probably won't work due to the location that my steering box will have to be in. I'll just grab some cheap tube and bend up my own.

Also, considering I found a power steering fluid that will work in both my stock power steering pump as well as the ford box, I won't be needing the PSC pump kit.
I just need to source the proper conversion lines.

Couple crappy pics for proof.

Will update more when I have more parts.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:33 PM   #47
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
I got all my hoses and fittings for my hydro assist from here..probably the best prices around

http://www.surpluscenter.com/
Old 03-24-2014, 02:53 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
I got all my hoses and fittings for my hydro assist from here..probably the best prices around

Thanks buddy. Once I figure out the exact lines I need, I will price check them vs. G&J aircraft (where I was recommended to buy the lines).
Old 03-24-2014, 05:18 PM   #50
Redneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Redneck92's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
Purple Power is the shit
Yes it is. I use that shit to clean everything.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:37 PM   #51
Redneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Redneck92's Tacoma Gallery
Can you not use F250 shock towers up front? Also you should be ok using standard power steering fluid, or whatever the pump takes, prob doesn't matter to awful much for the box.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:55 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck92 View Post
Can you not use F250 shock towers up front? Also you should be ok using standard power steering fluid, or whatever the pump takes, prob doesn't matter to awful much for the box.
I doubt it.
More than likely my steering box will be almost directly above the axle where the shocks are going to want to be.
The ford towers wouldn't come close to working, unfortunately.
I've ran a lot of different possibilities through my head and custom shock hoops seem like the best bet. The top of the shock will most likely be outboarded quite a bit from the frame. Thankfully the full width axle should give me plenty of room under there.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:27 PM   #53
WUT?
thegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thegame's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

X2. I got most of mine from there as well. Not a huge fan of the sharp 90* turns but they'll do for now
Old 03-27-2014, 01:50 PM   #54

Finally fully cleaned up the knuckles, spindles, and manual hubs.
Started prepping to get the knuckle bearing preload set up.
The Marlin Crawler 25MM lower caps have their own hardware, so I pulled those studs out of the knuckles. No biggie.

Lots of parts coming in tomorrow. Still waiting on a refund from summit to start ordering more parts.

Old 03-28-2014, 03:22 PM   #55

Today I got the steering box, the FROR hanger kit, and the fitting for a high pressure line on the pump. This gear box is HUGE!
Also found out I need to exchange a u-joint for my steering system from summit. (Wish me luck)

Old 03-28-2014, 09:29 PM   #57
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
subd
Old 04-04-2014, 12:48 PM   #58

Ordered my 23mm FJ80 TRE's from All-Pro just a few days ago. Should have those soon.
Also ordered my Parts Mike flat pitman arm today.

I need some high pressure lines and a couple other 6AN fittings and the steering will be done except for one part... My drivers side MC high steer arm.
When I pressed out the stock pin from the arm, something gouged up the inside of the hole. I didn't realize this until after I had pressed in the new 25mm pin. After I pressed it in I realized it was sitting level on the bottom of the arm. I pressed it back out and realized the arm was gouged as well as the new 25mm pin which became trashed in the process.
I leveled out the bottom of the arm with a belt sander and pressed the new pin back in.
I tried installing it on the knuckle but it will not mount up. There's some clear interference between the pin and the bearing. It simply will not mount up.
Anyway. I sent a message to Big Mike from MC and will see how we can work this out.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:39 PM   #59
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Wow that sucks about the arms
Old 04-04-2014, 01:55 PM   #60

Quote:
Wow that sucks about the arms
Shit happens. I won't be pissed if I have to buy 1 new arm with a pin. If they make me buy a PAIR of arms, then I'll be a little angry.
I might end up running a stock arm with a stock trunnion on that side for the time being (worst case).