Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Solid Axle Suspension

Notices

95 Tacoma SAS on Toyota axles

Old 04-06-2015, 11:17 PM   #1
Simmonzz is on a distinguished road
Name: Drew
Simmonzz's Tacoma Gallery
95 Tacoma SAS on Toyota axles

Didn't get around to starting the solid axle swap on my Tacoma until 3-1-2015 (317,176 miles)

In the beginning I was all for keeping it Toyota primarily because I had my '80 I daily'd that I upgraded a little and started stock piling parts from after I bought my Tacoma from my Uncle. He was the second owner and bought it with 28K miles in '97 and I bought it Oct. '14 with 312k. Within the next year I'd like to link atleast the front axle and put it on tons with 40-42s and do a back halve truggy build too

Drivetrain:
-5vz (doing t-belt kit as well)
-r150f
-lce stage 2 clutch masters clutch kit
-dual gear driven cases (2.70:1)
-trail gear adaptors

Front Axle:
-5.29s
-stock birfs/axles
-open (gonna put in a detroit this summer along with 30 spline longs)
-fresh rebuild
-high steer
-tg 4" springs
-12" bilsteins
-tg frenched shackles

Rear Axle:
-5.29s
-detroit
-tg 3" springs
-boomerang shackles (anyone run these or not run these for certain reasons?)
-12" bilsteins

Old 04-06-2015, 11:25 PM   #2

Old 04-10-2015, 12:46 AM   #4
Don't feel like syncing my phone right now to upload more pics (I will soon) but tonight me and my buddy installed the trans and t-cases, cut the floor out for the rear case shifter, and some other interior stuff. I measured for drivelines as well.... and as I thought, I need some custom length ones. Hopefully those aren't too expensive. I'd like a one piece long spline for the rear to eliminate the carrier bearing.
Old 04-10-2015, 09:34 AM   #5
slander is one of the sharper tools in the shedslander is one of the sharper tools in the shedslander is one of the sharper tools in the shedslander is one of the sharper tools in the shedslander is one of the sharper tools in the shedslander is one of the sharper tools in the shedslander is one of the sharper tools in the shedslander is one of the sharper tools in the shedslander is one of the sharper tools in the shedslander is one of the sharper tools in the shedslander is one of the sharper tools in the shed
slander's Tacoma Gallery
Just something to think about with the rear driveline: I was going to eliminate the carrier bearing when i first installed me duals but opted to keep it because it helps keep your drive shaft up and off the rocks. Cool swap so far!
Old 04-16-2015, 07:02 PM   #6
The rear driveline was way too long with where my rear axle is placed so I needed a shorter one. If I had moved the rear axle farther back it would have worked. Truck is driving been dailying it this whole week lol
Old 04-16-2015, 10:01 PM   #7
bullcrew has much to be proud ofbullcrew has much to be proud ofbullcrew has much to be proud ofbullcrew has much to be proud ofbullcrew has much to be proud ofbullcrew has much to be proud ofbullcrew has much to be proud ofbullcrew has much to be proud ofbullcrew has much to be proud of

Name: travis
bullcrew's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build....lol I remember boxxes of parts...almost overwhelming...