Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South Central

Notices

Where to get lift installed

Old 05-08-2012, 08:55 AM   #1
tacoma steve is on a distinguished road
Name: Steve
tacoma steve's Tacoma Gallery
Where to get lift installed

I'm posting this for a friend. He is overseas right now and couldn't post. He will be moving to Kessler/Biloxi and is wondering where he can get a 3" lift installed on his 2011 trd sport Double cab.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:33 PM   #2
Day Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Veteran
Name: Day Cowboy
Day Cowboy's Tacoma Gallery
Install

Not sure about the Biloxi/Gulfport area, however, Toyota of Hattisburg has a guy that does Toytec lifts. I spoke to him today about my truck. They usually charge $550 to install. They can order his lift as well.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:34 PM   #3
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
550??

OP what kind of lift is he getting?
Old 05-31-2012, 05:35 PM   #4
Day Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Toyota of Hattiesburg
1620 West Pine Street
Hattiesburg MS 39401
601-544-9630

Ask for Paul
Old 05-31-2012, 05:37 PM   #5

That's a coilover lift Brett
Old 05-31-2012, 05:37 PM   #6

They do spacer lifts as well. Not sure what that charge is.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:46 PM   #7
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwilli View Post
That's a coilover lift Brett
Coilover or not 550 is alot, i did my coilovers in an afternoon with a case of beer with the guys that helped me...

He could buy some TC UCA's for that price
Old 05-31-2012, 05:53 PM   #8

i agree!

There is Rick's Pro Truck in Jackson MS. However, I went to visit them today. They are all about spacer lifts and anything else over $3k. You are good if you own a Chevy or Ford, but Toyota, they only show you spacer lifts and blocks for the rear. Not a lift you want if you are going to do some serious offroading (from what I have read on here).
Old 05-31-2012, 05:54 PM   #9

^^^ damn that sucks

I wonder if there are any local members that could help the OP out
Old 05-31-2012, 05:55 PM   #10
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.facebook.com/groups/178785195493427/

We would be more than happy to help you
Old 05-31-2012, 05:56 PM   #11

TW FTMFW
Old 05-31-2012, 06:00 PM   #12
Christ Follower
RadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
RadRed06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i agree!

There is Rick's Pro Truck in Jackson MS. However, I went to visit them today. They are all about spacer lifts and anything else over $3k. You are good if you own a Chevy or Ford, but Toyota, they only show you spacer lifts and blocks for the rear. Not a lift you want if you are going to do some serious offroading (from what I have read on here).
That place is full of crap. They deck out f150's and tundras with spacers and blocks and everyone thinks they are so cool. Kids brag about their trucks and go to them to get those ebay projectors, spacer lifts and other over priced junk put on. I'm the only kid at my school that has a true suspension kit. They wanted over a grand to put my OME kit on. Bottom Line, do not trust them with your truck.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:05 PM   #13
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadRed06 View Post
That place is full of crap. They deck out f150's and tundras with spacers and blocks and everyone thinks they are so cool. Kids brag about their trucks and go to them to get those ebay projectors, spacer lifts and other over priced junk put on. I'm the only kid at my school that has a true suspension kit. They wanted over a grand to put my OME kit on. Bottom Line, do not trust them with your truck.
You a Jaguar?
Old 05-31-2012, 06:06 PM   #14
Christ Follower
RadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo View Post
You a Jaguar?
Nah I go to MRA
Old 05-31-2012, 06:07 PM   #15
More Cowbell!

VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadRed06 View Post
Nah I go to MRA
Nice. I know a few guys that go/went there
Old 05-31-2012, 06:08 PM   #16
Christ Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo View Post
Nice. I know a few guys that go/went there
Who do you know that goes there?
Old 05-31-2012, 06:08 PM   #17

RadRed,
Where did you get your lift put on?
Old 05-31-2012, 06:10 PM   #18
Christ Follower

Quote:
RadRed,
Where did you get your lift put on?
Greene's Tire and Auto did it for me. Still cost me 800 bucks. I couldn't find anyone in Jackson/Madison area to do it for any less.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:14 PM   #19

I know what you mean. Dude at RPT told me that I could get one of his mechanics to put the Toytec lift on that I want at dude's house. That they couldn't do it because of the liability. I already knew that answer before I got there. Just curious if they carried that brand. Had to take the guy outside to show him my stock setup because he didn't believe me about my stock suspension.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:19 PM   #20
Christ Follower

Quote:
I know what you mean. Dude at RPT told me that I could get one of his mechanics to put the Toytec lift on that I want at dude's house. That they couldn't do it because of the liability. I already knew that answer before I got there. Just curious if they carried that brand. Had to take the guy outside to show him my stock setup because he didn't believe me about my stock suspension.
Its crazy trying to put a quality lift on around here for a decent price. Big Ten in Gluckstadt also wanted over a grand. I truly do not believe I've seen a lifted truck around here that does not either have A) Spacers and blocks or B) a drop bracket lift. What did he not believe about your stock suspension?