1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mississippi Easy Ride

Discussion in 'South Central' started by tacomazach, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Jun 20, 2012 at 9:56 PM
    tacomazach

tacomazach [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    01 doublecab 4x4
    I'm cross posting this. This is always a good turnout for jeeps, but I would love to see a ton of tacomas this year.

These next two links can only be seen if you are registered on mississippi-mud.com but you can post on this thread that you will be there if you don't want to register on another forum.

Here is the original thread: http://mississippi-mud.com/Thread-Easy-Ride-Aug-4th-2012?pid=261932#pid261932

Last year's thread, for reference: http://mississippi-mud.com/Thread-2011-7-30-Easy-Ride-3rd-annual

It is time to do another "Easy Ride". An Easy Ride is exactly that; an easy trail ride that is aimed at those who want to see what they can do with their 4wd vehicle without tearing it up.
    An Easy Ride is also where we take to time to ask and answer the most basic questions. There will be live demonstrations of reading terrain, vehicle prep, vehicle control, driving techniques, and proper use of accessory equipment.
    We typically cover winch, Hi-Lift jack, and shovel use. I am open to other demonstrations as well.

This will be a day ride. [size=medium]We will meet at Busy Bee truck stop in Laurel, MS at 9:00 AM on Saturday, August 4th[/size]
    If you are on Interstate 59, take exit 96B Cook Ave, then head south on highway 15.

BusyBeeLocation_75f7c38d04aac0575c41fae0c1206c60c07e586d.jpg

We will eat lunch out on the trail. We will be eating chili dogs, of course. :msn-wink: (Provided by Mississippi-Mud.com) Bring your own drinks (non-alcoholic) and snacks.
    [size=medium]Bring a folding chair for each person in your party.[/size]

Suggested gear: Strong front and rear tow points and a working C.B. radio. (not mandatory for this ride, but highly recommended)

If you have never been on an organized ride, this is the one you don't want to miss.
    If you are an experienced off-roader, you are also welcome, of course. Our goal is to educate and to have a fun-filled day on the trail.
    Bring the family. It will be a nice outing for all ages.

All vehicles must be road legal, registered and insured. Drivers must be have a valid drivers license. We will be on federal land and subject to all motor vehicle laws. If you have any questions in this regard, PM me.

Check this first post from time to time for updates and further details.

This ride is open to all clubs and organizing sites, so please feel free to post this elsewhere. Also, please note that this Trail Rides forum is not visible to unregistered guests. This is not done to be arrogant. It is done to protect our riding areas.

2. Jun 26, 2012 at 3:06 PM
    Brandon9402

Brandon9402 uncoordinated dirtbox

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    02 prerunner sr5
    Kenwood headunit, 4 kicker 5x7 coaxials,2 memphis 1.5" tweeters, 2 12" memphis subwoofers, memphis 500w amp, chrome grille guard, kc fog lamps, chrome side steps, chrome tool box, and window visors
    prerunners welcome? lol Ill have to see what my schedule looks like that day. Im not sure when i start classes at usm but I would LOVE to go.

3. Jun 28, 2012 at 7:11 PM
    Blueanimal

Blueanimal Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    New Orleans area, La
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner Sport
    K&N 77 series intake, Throttle boby spacer, Bilstien 5100, Firestone airbags, Brush Gaurd, Gooseneck hitch, Whelen lights and siren
    Gonna try to go

4. Jul 8, 2012 at 8:06 PM
    tacomazach

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    01 doublecab 4x4
    usm doesn't start until a couple weeks after. Will this be your first year at usm?

:taco:

5. Jul 8, 2012 at 8:14 PM
    tacoma4x4girl

tacoma4x4girl Well-Known Member

Member:
    I'm going to try and go, I know I have alot going on right now so I will let you know for sure a little later in the month.

6. Jul 30, 2012 at 11:02 AM
    tacomazach

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    01 doublecab 4x4
    Bump. Coming up quick! I'm ready!

7. Aug 3, 2012 at 6:48 AM
    thewhiteknight

thewhiteknight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Colby
    SW Alabama
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD SR5 Dbl Cab
    foglight anytime, HIDs, lift, bilstein 5100s, AAL, LED interior, LEDs, BHLM, extended rear diff vent mod, upgraded audio system,
    I'm gonna try to go.. any idea how long the ride will last?

Products Discussed in

To Top