Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South Central

Notices

What was wrong?

Old 10-14-2012, 02:00 PM   #1
MudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tim
MudFlap's Tacoma Gallery
What was wrong?

What was wrong with the guys thread asking about detectors adn so forth? Radar detectors are not illegal in all states, I have one myself. He was asking about meets discussions of the type. So he DID mention he drove fast, but there are many stretches of interstates that have no speed limits at all. I have seen the signs myself they say "Resonable Speed". Ofcourse thats objective, depends on who ya are.

Now I understand the rule that is posted, but this threads purpose did not seem like the type of thread that the rules here were trying to stop from happening. Seems a bit excessive to me is all.

Here is a link to said thread. . . . . . .
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...e-driving.html
Old 10-14-2012, 02:03 PM   #2
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Hes asking how to beat the cops radar detector..that is illegal
Old 10-14-2012, 02:05 PM   #3
MudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to behold

MudFlap's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
Hes asking how to beat the cops radar detector..that is illegal
Not exactly, it is in SOME states, not all though.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:07 PM   #4
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Quote:
Originally Posted by MudFlap View Post
Not exactly, it is in SOME states, not all though.

I dont know the laws..just guessing it can't be legal to beat the cop at his own game
Old 10-14-2012, 02:12 PM   #5
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
but there are many stretches of interstates that have no speed limits at all. I have seen the signs myself they say "Resonable Speed".
If that's the case, then what is the purpose of a detector or a jammer?
If there's no posted limit and the cops are simply enforcing based on the basic speed law, then the cop wouldn't be using radar anyways... the ticket is simply going to be "unsafe excessive speed"
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
I dont know the laws..just guessing it can't be legal to beat the cop at his own game
Exactly.

The thread is talking about radar jammers, and they are illegal under federal law in all 50 states and possessions.
They are transmitters and fall under FCC regulation that prohibits a non-licensed item transmitting on a frequency that requires a license AND prohibited from causing interference with the normal function of other devices, whether licensed or not.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:26 PM   #6
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
If there's no posted limit and the cops are simply enforcing based on the basic speed law, then the cop wouldn't be using radar anyways... the ticket is simply going to be "unsafe excessive speed"

Exactly.

The thread is talking about radar jammers, and they are illegal under federal law in all 50 states and possessions.
They are transmitters and fall under FCC regulation that prohibits a non-licensed item transmitting on a frequency that requires a license AND prohibited from causing interference with the normal function of other devices, whether licensed or not.
Too add..

Quote:
US Federal Law prohibits the use of radar jammers.

Source: FCC Public Notice DA 96-2040

Radar Jammers are transmitters tuned to interfere with ("jam") a radar signal. The intentional use of jammers is considered "malicious interference" and is strictly prohibited by the Communications Act of 1934, as amended, as well as by FCC Rules. Anyone using a jammer risks such penalties as losing an FCC license, paying a fine, or criminal prosecution.

The Communications Act of 1934 states:

Sec. 333. Willful or malicious interference. No person shall willfully or maliciously interfere with or cause interference to any radio communications of any station licensed or authorized by or under this Act or operated by the United States Government.

(June 19, 1934, ch. 652, title III, Sec. 333, as added Pub. L. 101-396, Sec. 9, Sept. 28, 1990, 104 Stat. 850.)

Sec. 501. General penalty

Any person who willfully and knowingly does or causes or suffers to be done any act, matter, or thing, in this chapter prohibited or declared to be unlawful, or who willfully and knowingly omits or fails to do any act, matter, or thing in this chapter required to be done, or willfully and knowingly causes or suffers such omission or failure, shall, upon conviction thereof, be punished for such offense, for which no penalty (other than a forfeiture) is provided in this chapter, by a fine of not more than $10,000 or by imprisonment for a term not exceeding one year, or both; except that any person, having been once convicted of an offense punishable under this section, who is subsequently convicted of violating any provision of this chapter punishable under this section, shall be punished by a fine of not more than $10,000 or by imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years, or both.

(June 19, 1934, ch. 652, title V, Sec. 501, 48 Stat. 1100; Mar. 23, 1954, ch. 104, 68 Stat. 30.)

Sec. 510. Forfeiture of communications devices

(a) Violation with willful and knowing intent

Any electronic, electromagnetic, radio frequency, or similar device, or component thereof, used, sent, carried, manufactured, assembled, possessed, offered for sale, sold, or advertised with willful and knowing intent to violate section 301 or 302a of this title, or rules prescribed by the Commission under such sections, may be seized and forfeited to the United States.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:26 PM   #7

MudFlap's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post

Exactly.

None of whats listed is illegal here.

There are lots of things talked about on this board that is illegal (lifts, HIDs, different light mods, the list goes on. . . ) nothing is ever said about those things. I stand behind my other statement. . . . . Locking that thread seemed a bit excessive. . . . . . .
Old 10-14-2012, 02:28 PM   #8

MudFlap's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Too add..
Ok, I stand corrected on the jammer .. . . . .

Still. . . . . locking thread = a bit over the top. . . . .
Old 10-14-2012, 02:32 PM   #9
NWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: James
NWTacoGuy's Tacoma Gallery
...........Nah I'm just playin!! Deep breaths. Woooo saaawwww!!
Old 10-14-2012, 02:34 PM   #10
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Quote:
Ok, I stand corrected on the jammer .. . . . .

Still. . . . . locking thread = a bit over the top. . . . .
Consider it a preventive measure...and when threads/posts get reported by members, they tend to get a little more attention.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:12 PM   #11
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
None of whats listed is illegal here.

There are lots of things talked about on this board that is illegal (lifts, HIDs, different light mods, the list goes on. . . ) nothing is ever said about those things. I stand behind my other statement. . . . . Locking that thread seemed a bit excessive. . . . . . .
Personally, I'd be perfectly happy if the discussion of drop-in HID kits were a banned topic, with the "offenders" given a firm dissertation on the danger to others of their project.
I have to deal with these jackasses in my rear view every morning on my way to work, and in another couple of weeks when the clocks change, every evening on the way home.

Lifts are not illegal in and of themselves. Bumper height and tire exposure MAY be issues, but these are issues that do vary from state to state.

Lighting... same as the drop-in HIDs.
I'd be perfectly happy if discussion of federally-prohibited colors and configuration were forbidden.

Want the topics banned? Report the posts.
I don't bother with the petty issues and just drop a warning in the thread that if their state has inspections, it's going to be an issue.
If it's more blatant, over the top, and the poster clearly knows that it's illegal? I might report that. FYI, I did not report anything from the referenced thread... didn't even know about it.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:14 PM   #12

MudFlap's Tacoma Gallery
So ummm . . . . . .

The threads that are obviously breaking the rules and clearly the type of things that are frowned upon on these boards are just talked down on. Such as this recent one that went as far as posting a video of the wreckless behavior.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tac...-drifting.html

But a thread that wasnt REALLY terrible that COULD have used a simple tactfull reminder of said rules gets locked. . . . .

Please no need to lock the above thread now, I actually think its kind of cool. But using tactfull judgment could benefit all mods on this board. Just cause somebody reports it doesnt mean it should be LOCKED.

I kinda feel bad for the other guy now. Right after I posted this HIS thread got locked too.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:19 PM   #13

Quote:
So ummm . . . . . .

The threads that are obviously breaking the rules and clearly the type of things that are frowned upon on these boards are just talked down on. Such as this recent one that went as far as posting a video of the wreckless behavior.
It was locked, 2 days ago. It wasn't deleted, but the thread was locked 45 minutes after the original post.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:30 PM   #14

Marines:
Quote:
So ummm . . . . . .

But a thread that wasnt REALLY terrible that COULD have used a simple tactfull reminder of said rules gets locked. . . . .

Please no need to lock the above thread now, I actually think its kind of cool. But using tactfull judgment could benefit all mods on this board. Just cause somebody reports it doesnt mean it should be LOCKED.

I kinda feel bad for the other guy now. Right after I posted this HIS thread got locked too.
The thread was closed on the 12th Oct 2012 at 19:12.

The thread you originally posted about was closed shortly after it was reported. I didn't see this thread until afterwards.