Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South Central

Notices

DeSoto National Forest camp/trail ride. Feb 1 and 2

Old 01-02-2014, 03:23 PM   #1
mynewtoy has much to be proud ofmynewtoy has much to be proud ofmynewtoy has much to be proud ofmynewtoy has much to be proud ofmynewtoy has much to be proud ofmynewtoy has much to be proud ofmynewtoy has much to be proud ofmynewtoy has much to be proud of

Name: greg
mynewtoy's Tacoma Gallery
DeSoto National Forest camp/trail ride. Feb 1 and 2

I'm cross posting this from http://mississippi-mud.com/

hope to see some of you there

Chillin'The Groundhog Camp/Ride - Feb 1st-2nd 2014
This event is how we beat cabin fever each winter the MS-Mud way! Dig out your hardcore camping gear, and grab some extra blankets.

THis started out as a way to test my gear for the AZ RUn, and just to break the cabin fever, but has become a tradition all its own, now.
This is the second time in a row that the Chillin Out Camp/Ride gets the additional Groundhog moniker because February 2nd is Groundhog Day.

We will head out to camp Saturday afternoon, camp overnight, then do some riding on Sunday. Camping

We will be in the DeSoto National Forest, Chickasawhay District. Vehicles must be road legal and capable of running on the highway.
Trail rating will be 2.5 at the worst.
I require strong front and rear recovery points. (hook, hitch, or d-ring) and a working CB radio. All other recovery gear is optional.
Seat belts and proper child restraints must be used while vehicles are in motion, whether we are on the highway or the trail. I will be happy to explain the reasoning behind that at the drivers meeting or around the campfire.

Meet at Busy Bee truck stop in Laurel, MS at 1:00 PM.
If you are on Interstate 59(north OR south), take exit 96B Cook Ave, then head SOUTH on highway 15.

We will eat like kings as usual. I will buy and cook supper, breakfast and lunch and hit y'all up for about $3 bucks a head. I am still working on the menu, but I am certain that it will include deer sausage this year.

Breakfast will be the usual hot breakfast fare.
Lunch will be chilli dogs, of course.
If you want to bring your own food, you certainly can. Please let me know if that is your plan so I don't figure you into the head count for food.

Bring your own snacks and drinks.

You will be expected to bring your own camping gear for one night. Tent, bedding, clean clothes, toiletries, medicine, industrial strength blow dryer, and anything else you may need to spend the night. You may want to bring a tent heater, depending on the weather.

I will provide a portable outhouse. A shower will not be provided on this camp out.

Camp will be in a well wooded pine forest, with adequate clearing for tents. We may have to spread out along the trail, but there should be plenty of room for all.

Bring an armload of (hardwood) firewood if you can. Campfire
Do not bring alcoholic beverages.

This is a good chance to get away and do something you don't normally do. We always have a good time around the campfire Saturday night.
If you have any questions, post up and ask. At the very least, PM me with your questions or concerns. I want everyone to feel welcome.
Old 01-02-2014, 04:06 PM   #2
floodedkiwi is on a distinguished road

Name: Ken
floodedkiwi's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 01-04-2014, 08:29 PM   #3
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-05-2014, 11:05 AM   #5
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mynewtoy View Post
haha..... that's you in 60 years
No, that's my wife in 60 years