LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South Central

Notices

Any Okies in here?

Old 03-20-2013, 07:36 AM   #1021
Don't Tread On Me
08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of

Navy: US NAVY SEABEE CONSTRUCTION MECHANIC
Name: Adam
08PRELB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALawrence View Post
Yeah, we go down to Tom steed lake, down where my Scott/ meer's is. If you want I can put a bunch of pictures up
That would be cool man, I don't remember if it was you or not but some one was talking about doing a camping meet. Could we do that down there, what all is there to do?
Old 03-20-2013, 08:03 AM   #1022
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Pic of the Mt. Scott meet up circa jan 2012 iirc

Old 03-20-2013, 08:29 AM   #1023
ALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Senior Airman
Name: Andrew
ALawrence's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08PRELB View Post
That would be cool man, I don't remember if it was you or not but some one was talking about doing a camping meet. Could we do that down there, what all is there to do?
I'd say there's Lot to do, me and the wife like to go geocaching, we found 20 this weekend. We camped at lake time steed in the Great Plains state park, about 10 miles from my Scott.

There's alot of moutain bike trails through the park here, we hiked point to point with our gps off the trail. we saw a bobcat, a hear of deer, a coyote. There's alot to do in the area. The lake there has real good fishing. Catfish/crappie/bass. The campground on the wildlife refuge was full, usually is during spring summer (camp Doris) but at tom steed it was almost empty, and has water/electric hook ups. Right on the lake, with out a ton of people. It was a good weekend
Old 03-21-2013, 10:53 PM   #1024
Don't Tread On Me
08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of

08PRELB's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like a good time Andrew, I think our next meet we should go camping.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:53 AM   #1025
ALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shed

We are looking into buying our own camper... The casita rentals are like 15k brand new..... And used even old ones are around 8k....

I've been talking to a guy out in elreno that has a 1947 Shasta.... Not the prettiest thing... We'll see where this goes
Old 03-23-2013, 08:42 PM   #1026
Jcannon is on a distinguished road

Navy: In-Flight Tech
Name: Jay
Jcannon's Tacoma Gallery
This weather needs to warm up before I even think about camping.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:27 AM   #1027

There was like a brand new 2nd gen at the gym this morning, black I think. Had those TRD bead lock rims on it. Very nice wheels.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:28 AM   #1028
DirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: USN Retired
Name: Terry
DirtEater's Tacoma Gallery
I guess I should swing by here and say hello in the Okie thread. Okie born and raised. Retired from the Navy a few years ago and moved back to OKC in Aug. '09 from San Diego, where I lived for 18 years. Looks like there are plenty of you here on the forum.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:14 PM   #1029
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtEater View Post
I guess I should swing by here and say hello in the Okie thread. Okie born and raised. Retired from the Navy a few years ago and moved back to OKC in Aug. '09 from San Diego, where I lived for 18 years. Looks like there are plenty of you here on the forum.
Welcome! What did you do while in?

Both myself and Adam (08PRELB) were in San Diego before being moved out here.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:55 PM   #1030
DirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredofshaw View Post
Welcome! What did you do while in?

Both myself and Adam (08PRELB) were in San Diego before being moved out here.
Hi theredofshaw, I chatted with you a bit in the newbie section when I first signed up earlier this month.

I was a Quartermaster for 18 out of 20 years. Served aboard a Sub Tender out of Groton/New London, a short tour aboard an AOE in New Jersey, then did a coast to coast move to San Diego and served aboard 4 different Cruisers - Halsey, Valley Forge, Shiloh(now homeported in Yoko), and Chancellorsville where I retired.

Shore tours were law enforcement/emergency mgmt at NAS Miramar (now MCAS) and I worked with Reservists at the Reserve Center off Pomerado Road, just east of Miramar late in my career.

I miss San Diego badddd, and the smell of the sea.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:45 PM   #1031
Don't Tread On Me

08PRELB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I miss San Diego badddd, and the smell of the sea.
And the carne asada burritos... And welcome!
Old 03-30-2013, 05:16 AM   #1032
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
and the filipino food on demand...lol
Old 03-30-2013, 08:21 AM   #1033

Quote:
No kidding! I lived in Poway and Rancho Bernardo and my all-time favorite taco place was Jalapeno's in Carmel Mt. Ranch. They had the best Carne asada ever.

I can't find taco shops anywhere here, although I did see a Big Truck Tac's truck parked yesterday and I pulled in to try them out for the 1st time, but I struck out due to a long line.

Thank you for the welcome.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:23 AM   #1034

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredofshaw View Post
and the filipino food on demand...lol
Love me some pancit.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:31 AM   #1035
Don't Tread On Me

08PRELB's Tacoma Gallery
Angry

Quote:
No kidding! I lived in Poway and Rancho Bernardo and my all-time favorite taco place was Jalapeno's in Carmel Mt. Ranch. They had the best Carne asada ever.

I can't find taco shops anywhere here, although I did see a Big Truck Tac's truck parked yesterday and I pulled in to try them out for the 1st time, but I struck out due to a long line.

Thank you for the welcome.
Big truck taco is pretty good, the actual big truck taco shop is on 23rd west of the 235 but they also have the trucks that go around. They stay pretty busy so you might just have to go there at an odd time when there isn't a rush.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:40 PM   #1036

We had taco Tuesdays in our office, we send or Mexican airman down 29th street into the city. There's a "Taco truck" that has $5 burritos which are the best I ever had
Old 04-02-2013, 10:59 AM   #1037
lanestaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Lane
lanestaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'll swing through this thread and drop a hello since I live in Edmond. Lovin' the new truck.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:14 PM   #1038
Don't Tread On Me

08PRELB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanestaco View Post
I'll swing through this thread and drop a hello since I live in Edmond. Lovin' the new truck.
Welcome Lane!
Old 04-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #1039
shooteready918 is on a distinguished road
shooteready918's Tacoma Gallery
Good afternoon, gents. I just joined the forum yesterday and was encouraged to introduce myself here as well.

I'm an Okie--born in Tulsa, raised in OKC, and schooled in Stillwater. I'm now back in Tulsa where my full-time job is restaurant management and I'm also a firearms instructor on the side (it helps with the new truck payment, haha).

Nice to meet y'all.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:15 PM   #1040
JCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JCBigler's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to Tulsa. Where do you instruct?

Products Discussed in this Thread