Notices

New Tacomas are not created equal?

Old 07-01-2010, 06:06 PM   #1
Mikedawn25 is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
Mikedawn25's Tacoma Gallery
New Tacomas are not created equal?

New member here. HELLO TW!

Getting ready to pull the trigger on a 2010 Tacoma TRD 4X4. I have noticed different pricing and special offers such as financing rates from TN dealers compared to AL dealers. Shopping around two TN dealers told me the same story, that TN has higher prices and finance rates because their Tacoma comes straight from Toyota with factory options and southern regions Toyotas may be a base Tacoma’s with options added-on in FL to make a similar package? They continues to say that some of the add-ons may be aftermarket. Is there any truth to this or is it a big sales gimmick? What gets me is two dealers with the same story. Help...

Old 07-01-2010, 06:24 PM   #2
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
i haven't heard of that before but who gives a crap where it was put on and if it was two weeks ago or last week. if it's under warranty you bet damn well i'm not paying a dollar more for a different state.

welcome to TW
Old 07-01-2010, 06:34 PM   #3
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...
SlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlurpeeBlueMetallic's Tacoma Gallery
I can't say I've shopped trucks in AL but the story sounds fishy. True, many dealers do put on after-market parts but in practice it's pretty easy to tell which ones came from the factory and which ones didn't. I'd start with a list of options from toyota.com... if any of those are on it then it's a reasonable bet they came from the factory. Anything else and it's after-market...
Old 07-02-2010, 06:32 AM   #4
I went over the Vehicle Inquiry Report form both Dealers, they both read the same line by line. I will make a final decision over the Holiday weekend. So far the AL dealer wins it's with the 0 percent financing.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:51 PM   #5
Seems it is true!!!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ew-2011-a.html post #14
New TRD Tacoma's sold in Southeastern reigns are built from base trucks with add-ons.
Still I wounder...