Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Outer Banks question

Old 07-14-2010, 11:40 AM   #1
Rbohno is a jewel in the roughRbohno is a jewel in the roughRbohno is a jewel in the rough

Name: Richard
Rbohno's Tacoma Gallery
Outer Banks question

Headed to Kill Devil Hills in Outer Banks this weekend. Leaving Friday and coming back Monday. I am going to drive north toward Corolla so I can do some 4 wheeling and fishing. Never been there before so any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to some 4 wheeling and fishing.

BIG QUESTION

I have seen several items restricting any type of alcohol cunsumption on the beach.
I am 50 years old and not out there to get hammered but it is nice to enjoy an ice cold beer on the beach while fishing.
To what extent do they enforce this law?????
One of my neighbors said just don't flaunt it and you will be okay????

Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of these items????
Old 07-14-2010, 11:43 AM   #2
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Just don't flaunt it and you'll be ok.

I was just in Corolla for July 4th playing ladder golf, beer in hand, in front of the lifeguard stand with no issues. You'll be fine.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:46 AM   #3
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
X2. Also, I don't know if you've been to Corolla before but from KDH it feels like forever to get there lol. Just prepare yourself.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:52 AM   #4
jlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jen
jlvhrse's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jlvhrse
Why Kill Devil Hills? If you head farther down in OBX like frisco/buxton area (probably 1 hr or so from KDH) you can drive on the beach.. It's nice because you can bring everything but don't have to carry it around..
Old 07-14-2010, 12:10 PM   #5
mjp2 is living vicariously through me.
martie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: smartie pants
martie's Tacoma Gallery
There's a drive-on beach in Corolla as well.
And getting from KDH to Corolla depends on the time of day. I usually do the drive in the middle of the night because the main drag backs up easily.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:11 PM   #6
jlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jen
jlvhrse's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jlvhrse
Quote:
Originally Posted by martie View Post
And getting from KDH to Corolla depends on the time of day. I usually do the drive in the middle of the night because the main drag backs up easily.

This is true.. I guess I'm just bias, I <3 Buxton
Old 07-14-2010, 12:11 PM   #7
martie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

martie's Tacoma Gallery
And to OP, to answer your question, I've been going there since I was a little one and everyone's always had beer on the beach. It's really no big deal.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:12 PM   #8

martie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlvhrse View Post
This is true.. I guess I'm just bias, I <3 Buxton
Never been there but I'm sure it's just as beautiful as the rest of the OBX. My family has owned a house in Duck (sold) and now Corolla for 25-30 years now so of course, I'm biased to that area
Old 07-14-2010, 12:13 PM   #9
Carolina Alliance
tarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
tarheelfan_08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbohno View Post
Headed to Kill Devil Hills in Outer Banks this weekend. Leaving Friday and coming back Monday. I am going to drive north toward Corolla so I can do some 4 wheeling and fishing. Never been there before so any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to some 4 wheeling and fishing.

BIG QUESTION

I have seen several items restricting any type of alcohol cunsumption on the beach.
I am 50 years old and not out there to get hammered but it is nice to enjoy an ice cold beer on the beach while fishing.
To what extent do they enforce this law?????
One of my neighbors said just don't flaunt it and you will be okay????

Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of these items????

I am 20 and I drink on it! But then again I do not get drunk and act like an idiot like most 20year olds my age! Just go out and have a few you will be fine! I just came back from the Outer Banks...nice there! Do not try to fish at the point..it is closed for dang birds!
Old 07-14-2010, 12:13 PM   #10
C17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 1A2 701 AS Charleston AFB, SC
Name: Dennis
C17Guy's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds dumb, but if you have a plastic cup you'll be fine. Just pour your beer in the cup and their ya go. drink it fast though, don't want it to get hot! (plus its an excuse to get another cold one!)
Old 07-14-2010, 12:15 PM   #11
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery

ahh~ flaunt it!! U'll be Fine
Old 07-15-2010, 12:21 PM   #12
T O Y O T A
mlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of light

Army: E Co, 4-3 ADA BN Executive Officer
Name: Michael
mlittle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by martie View Post
Which beach? I'm staying in Corolla when I head down in August.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:25 PM   #13

martie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlittle View Post
Which beach? I'm staying in Corolla when I head down in August.
You literally just drive north until the road ends and there's the drive-on beach.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:37 PM   #14
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Just don't flaunt it and you'll be ok.

I was just in Corolla for July 4th playing ladder golf, beer in hand, in front of the lifeguard stand with no issues. You'll be fine.
Where in Corolla were you staying? I was there for the 4th too. Stayed in Whalehead in Corolla. Our tents were pitched right in front of one of the lifeguard stands, and ironically one of the groups next to us was playing ladderball...

Like others said, don't flaunt it and you'll be fine. I was surprised the weren't glass bottle nazi's. I have gotten a warning down in St. Augustine FL because I had a glass beer bottle on the beach.