Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Considering a Move to Lynchburg, VA-What Do I Need to Know?

Old 08-24-2010, 12:32 PM   #1
'10 DC TRD SPORT 6SPD
JBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant future

Army:
Name: JEREMY
JBarbaresi's Tacoma Gallery
Considering a Move to Lynchburg, VA-What Do I Need to Know?

Like the title says, I may be looking at a move down to Lynchburg or the surrounding vicinity in the next 6 months or so. What do I need to know about the area? I've lived in Stafford for the past 3 years so I won't need to worry about getting a new CC permit or license or anything. Where's a good place to look for housing? Closest military installation?

Its kind of funny because I just drove almost 3 hours one way to get my truck from Berglund Toyota because it was the only 6spd DC within driving distance of me, now I find out I may be getting transferred there. I'd imagine there are plenty of places to go wheeling in the area, are many members active from Lynchburg?
Old 08-24-2010, 05:32 PM   #4
Timmy is on a distinguished road

Timmy's Tacoma Gallery
It is a very nice area. The winters are not to bad, cold but very little snow. We had the worst winter in 20+ years last year. I think you will like it, not as busy or crowded as stafford. I am about 50 miles south in Danville.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:27 PM   #5
Discount Tire Company
Archangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Archangel's Tacoma Gallery
banjoes in the background...
Old 09-06-2010, 04:19 PM   #7
Enzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to behold

Name: Opie
Enzo's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

I live not to far from Lynchburg. It's not to bad, most people say it's a little boring. I also bought my Tacoma from Berglund Toyota.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:07 PM   #8
'10 DC TRD SPORT 6SPD
JBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant future

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo View Post
I live not to far from Lynchburg. It's not to bad, most people say it's a little boring. I also bought my Tacoma from Berglund Toyota.
i've got a family to raise, i can do a little boring
Old 09-06-2010, 07:10 PM   #9
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
My68ur8trd's Tacoma Gallery
I have heard from multiple people that that is one of the best places to raise a kid.

Plus lots of wheeling around, but you will need some sliders

Justin
Old 09-06-2010, 07:49 PM   #10
'10 DC TRD SPORT 6SPD

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by My68ur8trd View Post
I have heard from multiple people that that is one of the best places to raise a kid.

Plus lots of wheeling around, but you will need some sliders

Justin

its looking like a toss up between lynchburg and harrisonburg right now. i don't think i can go wrong with either choice, it just depends on where i get stationed.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:51 PM   #11
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
My68ur8trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBarbaresi View Post
its looking like a toss up between lynchburg and harrisonburg right now. i don't think i can go wrong with either choice, it just depends on where i get stationed.

I spent alot of time in Harrisonburg ( My wife graduated from JMU). I personally like Lynchburg over Harrisonburg, but both are nice

Justin
Old 09-06-2010, 08:02 PM   #12
'10 DC TRD SPORT 6SPD

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by My68ur8trd View Post
I spent alot of time in Harrisonburg ( My wife graduated from JMU). I personally like Lynchburg over Harrisonburg, but both are nice

Justin
what do you like better about lynchburg if you dont mind me asking?
Old 09-06-2010, 09:32 PM   #13
Enzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to behold

Name: Opie
Enzo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBarbaresi View Post
i've got a family to raise, i can do a little boring
In that case it's perfect! This is Jerry Falwell country so it's fairly family friendly.