Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics

Old 08-27-2010, 06:18 PM   #1
'10 DC TRD SPORT 6SPD
JBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant future

Army:
Name: JEREMY
JBarbaresi's Tacoma Gallery
Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics

I've been finding lots of good offroad trails in the woods around Stafford, VA where I live. I want to start putting some pics up as I ride them in case anyone else in the area wants to come check them out.

The first area I will post is what I'm told is called "The Pipeline", an area only about 5 minutes from where I live. After driving these trails today this is my favorite area I've been to so far, there are enough paths to spend most of the day out here and not back-track at all. As you will see from the pics there are several different types of terrain, mud holes, rock, creeks, steep grade climbs and descents, etc... I won't do a lot of typing but will try to let the pictures speak for themselves. One of my buddies met me and we drove around these woods for almost 3 hours today and called it quits when the daylight started fading, there were still several paths we hadn't explored yet. While viewing these please keep in mind that it is hard to get a good judgment of how steep some of the terrain is and how tight some of the maneuvers between trees and such were. Some areas of these trails were fairly difficult to navigate, which makes it all the more fun. Hope you enjoy!

near the entrance to the trails

15-20 yard mud hole

down hill to small creek crossing followed by up hill

mud!

uphill

posing in the main creek bed under fallen tree bridge
Old 08-27-2010, 06:30 PM   #3
Let the Madness Begin...
Sterling has much to be proud ofSterling has much to be proud ofSterling has much to be proud ofSterling has much to be proud ofSterling has much to be proud ofSterling has much to be proud ofSterling has much to be proud ofSterling has much to be proud ofSterling has much to be proud ofSterling has much to be proud of

Name: Ian
Sterling's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great! I wish we had forrest like that close to me. Man I miss living in Oregon for that!
Old 08-27-2010, 06:32 PM   #4
'10 DC TRD SPORT 6SPD
JBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant future

Army:
lots of bends and tight squeezes

steep descent

at the bottom of the hill was the only dead end we hit all day, had to turn around and F150 took the lead

never explored the trail to the left

Old 08-27-2010, 06:41 PM   #5
Discount Tire Company
Archangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Matt
Archangel's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good! Maybe one day I can make it out there
Old 08-27-2010, 06:42 PM   #6
'10 DC TRD SPORT 6SPD

Army:
found some trails back down to the creek again

more steep uphill climbing

uphill, tell me that doesn't look fun

found some more mud, these next few were DEEP

get some

more tight squeezing

one of these was too deep and wet and we couldn't make it through.

Old 08-27-2010, 06:50 PM   #7
'10 DC TRD SPORT 6SPD

Army:
nearing the end where we came back out to the main road

i've been muddier, but silver does a good job of blending with the color of this mud when it dries

back at the home station

my son had a great time

now i'm scared to wash it and see how many scratches i've aquired. subscribe to this thread, more to come.

if smanz and namyo would post some of their pics from our trip last weekend there will be some more pics from another trail area in stafford as well.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:56 PM   #8
hoopscoach is on a distinguished road
Name: Danny
hoopscoach's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet pics. Some of those mud holes looked a little deep. Where did you find that trail? I'm pretty familiar with Stafford I might try to check that out.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:09 PM   #9
'10 DC TRD SPORT 6SPD

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopscoach View Post
Sweet pics. Some of those mud holes looked a little deep. Where did you find that trail? I'm pretty familiar with Stafford I might try to check that out.
pm coming.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:12 PM   #10
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
HEW YEA!!
Old 08-27-2010, 07:16 PM   #12
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
What I gots from Staford

Old 08-27-2010, 09:33 PM   #13
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
My68ur8trd's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like fun.

After next week I should be in good shape to come out and play

Justin
Old 08-28-2010, 05:48 AM   #14
sirwamz has a spectacular aura aboutsirwamz has a spectacular aura about

Navy: Gas Systems Technician (Mechanical), USS Donald Cook (DDG 75) [2004-2009]
sirwamz's Tacoma Gallery
That looks awesome man. It looks like fun. A few of those creeks and mud holes probably got a little nasty looking after all the rain we've been getting lately.
Old 08-28-2010, 07:28 AM   #15
JML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud of

JML50's Tacoma Gallery
Nice trails, sick truck!
Old 08-28-2010, 09:03 AM   #16
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
awesome pics man!
Toshi has a crapload of pics from the trails we took last weekend. He probably has some nice ones of Jeremy and Joes trucks on the trails. Those trails you found look way better than the ones we took. I still haven't really washed mine yet. Took the power washer to the front end so the guys at the alignment shop could get a nice clean attempt at aligning it (which they did a decent job of btw).
Let's set up a day to go exploring those trails man. I'm all for it!
Old 08-28-2010, 09:22 AM   #17
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
GREAT PICS MAN
Old 08-29-2010, 05:17 AM   #19
el tráfico más lento se queda derecha
SManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
Pics from the Stafford mod day and the mudding trip afterwards!

Let me know if you want any in hi-res!
Attached Thumbnails
Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0608.jpg   Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0609.jpg   Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0610.jpg   Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0611.jpg   Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0612.jpg  

Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0614.jpg   Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0617.jpg   Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0618.jpg   Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0620.jpg   Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0622.jpg  

Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0623.jpg   Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0624.jpg   Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0625.jpg   Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0627.jpg   Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0628.jpg  

Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0629.jpg   Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0630.jpg   Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0631.jpg   Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0632.jpg   Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0633.jpg  

Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0634.jpg   Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0635.jpg   Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0636.jpg   Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0637.jpg   Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0638.jpg  

Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0639.jpg   Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0640.jpg   Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0641.jpg   Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0642.jpg   Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0643.jpg  

Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0644.jpg   Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0645.jpg   Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0647.jpg   Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0648.jpg   Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0649.jpg  

Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0650.jpg   Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0651.jpg   Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0652.jpg   Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0653.jpg   Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0654.jpg  

Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0655.jpg   Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0656.jpg   Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0657.jpg   Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0658.jpg   Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0659.jpg  

Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0660.jpg   Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0661.jpg   Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0662.jpg   Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0663.jpg   Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0664.jpg  

Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0665.jpg   Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0666.jpg   Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0667.jpg   Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0668.jpg   Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0669.jpg  

Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0670.jpg   Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0671.jpg   Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0672.jpg   Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0673.jpg   Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0674.jpg  

Trails of Stafford, VA-Lots of Pics-img_0675.jpg  
Old 08-29-2010, 05:30 AM   #20
'10 DC TRD SPORT 6SPD

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SManZ View Post
Pics from the Stafford mod day and the mudding trip afterwards!

Let me know if you want any in hi-res!
haha sweet! we can call that area the "winery trails". i didn't realize how washed out those trails were after all that rain we got last week. its funny there a couple of pics where you can clearly see a dry route right next to a muddy route, and in every single one we opted for the mud, LMFAO! thanks toshi.