Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Jones Gap State Park

Old 09-22-2010, 07:35 PM   #1
GA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GA_TACO4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Jones Gap State Park

For one of my classes, we're thinking about taking a 3 day hiking/camping trip here in early November. Can anyone tell me anything about this place? Suggestions for a better destination perhaps? Thanks

Josh
Old 09-22-2010, 07:38 PM   #2
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
It's right up the road from me. I hear there are some killer trails up there that will push you to your max.
I have done the Table rock hike and I hear some trails up at Jones Gap make table rock look like kids play.
Best thing is to just google it.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:40 PM   #3
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
hey i go there atleast once a month sometimes three times. it has amazing trails decent camp sites. not many car camp sites though but some are about a mile away from parking. but you can go as far as like 10 miles from any parking. but the park is beautiful and a great place to get away from it all and is easy to get to
Old 09-22-2010, 07:42 PM   #4
GA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yea I did and some of the things I read contradict what ur saying. So idk guess it just depends who u ask. Thanks for the input though
Old 09-22-2010, 07:44 PM   #5
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
what'd you hear?
Old 09-22-2010, 07:47 PM   #6
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
I think there's several different trails and a fish hatchery as well? Ckeeton would prob know. Someone told me they have some big azzed trout in there.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:47 PM   #7

Sorry my post was directed at Matic...I read alot of the same things you were saying though, Ckeeton
Old 09-22-2010, 07:48 PM   #8
Bazinga

ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
yeah there is around 10 trails. and they have a fish pond area. they just drained it and then cleaned it out. so not sure if the trout are in it as of now though
Old 09-22-2010, 07:51 PM   #9

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Next time you go up, holler at me. I have lived here for a few years and havn't made it up there yet. I wheel some up on bobs creek rd and green river rd on 25-26 and pass an entrance there all the time.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:54 PM   #10
Bazinga

ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
will do. and yeah its pretty fun up there
Old 09-22-2010, 07:55 PM   #11
YellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YellowDog01's Tacoma Gallery
I've fished there a couple times just when we were in Greenville.. The trout are palm-sized, like 4 inches, but its still fun to get some fishing in. I think it's only fly fishing

Beautiful place up there in the fall.