1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Went to Rich Mountain WMA this weekend

Discussion in 'South East' started by macgyver, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Sep 27, 2010 at 9:01 AM
    macgyver

macgyver [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    '13 Tundra double cab SR5 4x4
    Sorry no pics but I went up to the Rich Mountain WMA this weekend up in Cherry log off of 515. It was pretty cool. My buddy and I took my truck up there to try to find some good campsites. We found some pretty kickass campsites at the top of the mountains. We rode both FS road 295 and FS 338. I was able to drive FS295 in 2wd all the way up. It hasn't been groomed in a long time so its pretty bumpy and the road gets pretty narrow in some parts so expect some trail stripes :D. 295 basically goes straight up the mountain.

338 was pretty fun and I ended up switching on the 4wd in one portion beause my rear end was slipping. SR5 Open diff FTL :(. I would rate them a 4 on a 1-10 scale. Nothing too difficult but still fun to drive. I would have to estimate that 338 is probably 7-10 miles long which is pretty long when you're driving 10-15 mph. From what I have read, back in 2004 the USFS closed down a lot of the good 4wheeling trails and closed the end of FS338 which used to go to an old Vulcan Quarry. We didn't go all the way to the end of the trail to see it but i plan on going back to check it out.

I'm definitely gonna head back there for some camping since its pretty close to my house but pretty secluded.

Has anyone else been there?

Anyone interested in going up there this weekend? Weather permitting, I'm probably gonna camp up there on saturday evening. I found a spot on 338 thats good for probably 3-4 tents and 3-4 vehicles.

Products Discussed in

To Top