Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

good place to go off roading on or around fort bragg?

Old 10-16-2010, 05:24 AM   #1
ross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant future
Army:
ross123's Tacoma Gallery
good place to go off roading on or around fort bragg?

hey guys ive been at fort Bragg for 6 years but im pretty new to the off roading scene. is there anywhere good to go fart around in the woods on fort Bragg or around fort Bragg? i know theirs a lot of dirt roads everywhere but im looking for something a little more challenging. i know about URE but thats to far of a drive for just 1 or 2 hours.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:44 AM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
there are trails on bragg. luni knows how most of them are, but i went w/ him once or twice back there. if you go to the gravel paring lot in the center of this map, there is a dirt road that leads back into some trails. you can also take the trails across long street towards mckellars ponds and there are more over there as well.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...14784&t=h&z=16
Old 10-16-2010, 05:14 PM   #3
ross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant future
Army:
ross123's Tacoma Gallery
ive been going out to camp Mackall, and hitting some trails near st mere drop zone. but there's nothing ive seen that i would consider offroading
Old 10-16-2010, 06:48 PM   #4
arkansasman5 has a brilliant futurearkansasman5 has a brilliant futurearkansasman5 has a brilliant futurearkansasman5 has a brilliant futurearkansasman5 has a brilliant futurearkansasman5 has a brilliant futurearkansasman5 has a brilliant futurearkansasman5 has a brilliant futurearkansasman5 has a brilliant futurearkansasman5 has a brilliant futurearkansasman5 has a brilliant future
Army: AH-64D Armament/Electrical/Avionics Systems Repairer
Name: James
arkansasman5's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Bro, I dont know where any of the good trails are around bragg but if you ever want to go off road with someone - hit me up
Old 10-16-2010, 08:04 PM   #5
Army:
ross123's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkansasman5 View Post
Hey Bro, I dont know where any of the good trails are around bragg but if you ever want to go off road with someone - hit me up
alright man, it might be awhile. i really want to hit up URE but my truck is still stock and id rather not hit URE again till i lift my truck. im leaving for Afghanistan early next yr sooo once i get back and do everything i want to do to my truck its on. ill deff post here again trying to get a meet together for URE prob early 2011.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:36 AM   #6
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

keep in mind that URE closes Dec 15 - April 1
Old 10-17-2010, 08:59 PM   #7
arkansasman5 has a brilliant futurearkansasman5 has a brilliant futurearkansasman5 has a brilliant futurearkansasman5 has a brilliant futurearkansasman5 has a brilliant futurearkansasman5 has a brilliant futurearkansasman5 has a brilliant futurearkansasman5 has a brilliant futurearkansasman5 has a brilliant futurearkansasman5 has a brilliant futurearkansasman5 has a brilliant future
Aint rick hendrick sponsoring a meet in november?
Old 11-23-2010, 08:40 PM   #8
sandboxpirate is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandboxpirate is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandboxpirate is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandboxpirate is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandboxpirate is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandboxpirate is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandboxpirate is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandboxpirate is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandboxpirate is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandboxpirate is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandboxpirate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry Team Leader 120th Infantry NCNG
Name: Michael
sandboxpirate's Tacoma Gallery
If you ever go down around Bragg let me know, that's semi close to home and real close to the in-laws so the wifey can chill with them while we ride.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:42 PM   #9
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandboxpirate View Post
If you ever go down around Bragg let me know, that's semi close to home and real close to the in-laws so the wifey can chill with them while we ride.
uwharrie meet the first weekend of december
Old 07-17-2011, 12:55 PM   #10
Luxury Offroader
SportTractoF150 is on a distinguished road
Army: Battalion S-1
Name: Brandon
SportTractoF150's Tacoma Gallery
So I just got stationed here. Looking for places to offroad, things to do, people to hang out with. Anyone else in the same boat?
Old 07-17-2011, 01:15 PM   #11
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportTractoF150 View Post
So I just got stationed here. Looking for places to offroad, things to do, people to hang out with. Anyone else in the same boat?
i think you'd be pretty safe to wheel some on bragg, but out at URE some of those trails may be too tight for that F-150 to get through.
Old 07-17-2011, 01:26 PM   #12
Protected by Armor Tech Offroad
dbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Dennis
dbronzo's Tacoma Gallery
Not to be the stickler for rules but it is illegal to off-road on military installations with a POV unless it is during hunting season and you have a pass. Your vehicle could be confiscated and you may have to go in front of a federal magistrate. Take it from someone who got in trouble out there.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:07 PM   #13
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbronzo View Post
Not to be the stickler for rules but it is illegal to off-road on military installations with a POV unless it is during hunting season and you have a pass. Your vehicle could be confiscated and you may have to go in front of a federal magistrate. Take it from someone who got in trouble out there.

WHA?!?!?! really? i didnt know that. me and adam went out there before and he went out there almost every day for lunch.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:12 PM   #14
The best place to wheel around Bragg is in Hope Mills. If you want to roll out there somtime, shoot me a pm
Old 07-17-2011, 05:42 PM   #15
Luxury Offroader
SportTractoF150 is on a distinguished road
Army: Battalion S-1
Name: Brandon
SportTractoF150's Tacoma Gallery
That's good info to know. I was out there today around McKellar's Lake for a bit. My friend is the XO for the MP's on post and he did say you could be cited for trespassing, but also said it's not enforced. Still, I'd rather not chance it.

Where in Hope Mills?
Old 07-18-2011, 08:02 PM   #16
. . .
mgbulldog is on a distinguished road

Army: 2-505 PIR 82 ABN
Name: matt
mgbulldog's Tacoma Gallery
I'm also curious where abouts in hope mills.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:42 AM   #17
pinchetaco is just really nicepinchetaco is just really nicepinchetaco is just really nicepinchetaco is just really nice
pinchetaco's Tacoma Gallery
Waldos beach is what they call it... Unless you talk to arkansasman he calls it something different
Old 07-19-2011, 01:57 PM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinchetaco View Post
Waldos beach is what they call it... Unless you talk to arkansasman he calls it something different
I've heard it called Waldos beach and the dumps. Its really surprising how much dirt is back there.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:01 PM   #19
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkansasman5 View Post
I've heard it called Waldos beach and the dumps. Its really surprising how much dirt is back there.
it's not the place off of Rim rd, is it?
Old 07-19-2011, 04:35 PM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
it's not the place off of Rim rd, is it?
I'm not sure if it is. I know its kinda close to the movie theater. The entrance is in the back of a neighborhood.