Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Charlotte Localish Folk - Anyone Wanna Help With a Lift Install?

Old 10-19-2010, 03:27 PM   #1
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Charlotte Localish Folk - Anyone Wanna Help With a Lift Install?

If you're not within 30 or so minutes of Charlotte/Salisbury NC, this thread is not for you.

Anyone local wanna help with an Icon install of Front Coilovers, TC UCAs, Rear Shocks, and an AAL?

I have two sets of hands lined up already, but more is faster. The date I'm planning on is Oct 30th, which would be the Saturday of Halloween weekend.

Just so we're clear, this isn't a mod day - a friend of mine's husband is letting me invade his garage for the day to get this done. I can't offer any mod time for anyone else, but you'd have a chip to cash in with me.

Replies and PMs accepted. No personal checks. And thanks in advance.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:44 PM   #2
Discount Tire Company
Archangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Matt
Archangel's Tacoma Gallery
My kid is scheduled to be induced on Wednesday (the 27th) so I'll have to play it by ear bud, otherwise I'd have to work the grand opening in Hickory.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:45 PM   #3
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
My kid is scheduled to be induced on Wednesday (the 27th) so I'll have to play it by ear bud, otherwise I'd have to work the grand opening in Hickory.
Tell them to try inducing your wife first instead.

But thanks for the offer
Old 10-19-2010, 05:50 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
You got air?
I assume you mean an impact. The place I'm installing does, yes. Although I don't think it'll make a huge difference. Most everything needs to be torqued to spec.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:53 PM   #6
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
I assume you mean an impact. The place I'm installing does, yes. Although I don't think it'll make a huge difference. Most everything needs to be torqued to spec.
Just meant a compressor in general and maybe a 3/8 ratchet to help speed up dissasembly.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:55 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
Just meant a compressor in general and maybe a 3/8 ratchet to help speed up dissasembly.
Yeah, that's all there.

I'm pretty sure the main thing that'll speed things along is being able to tackle more than one corner at a time...assuming I can gather enough folks. I guesstimate about 90 minutes per corner with 2 people, dropping to maybe an hour each with 3 or 4.

Also, if anyone wants to volunteer their place, I can totally cancel on my co-worker and come to you. Beer and dinner is on me.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:11 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
I have to work that weekend.

If they change your sched, the invitation remains open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
I'm working every weekend for a while. Other-wise I would help since I've done it before.
Thanks hoss. No worries - it can easily be done with two people, more just speeds it up a bit. Hell, I could do it solo, but it'd probably be a two day job.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:21 PM   #10
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Where exactly are yall doing the install Jay? I'm on my phone....may have missed the info.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:30 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
Where exactly are yall doing the install Jay? I'm on my phone....may have missed the info.
My co-worker is a nice lady (I call her Work Mom), and her husband has a well equipped garage. They're here in Salisbury...but again, if you need something to do on the 30th and want free dinner (no beer for you...) I'm happy to trek down there...
Old 10-19-2010, 07:12 PM   #13
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
My co-worker is a nice lady (I call her Work Mom), and her husband has a well equipped garage. They're here in Salisbury...but again, if you need something to do on the 30th and want free dinner (no beer for you...) I'm happy to trek down there...
Let me see what I got going on and I'll let you know man.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:15 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
Let me see what I got going on and I'll let you know man.

Have I ever told you you're my favorite Will in this whole thread?
Old 10-19-2010, 07:39 PM   #15
bronkin is on a distinguished road

Army: 3rd Battalion, 34th Armor
bronkin's Tacoma Gallery
Wish I were going to be in town and could help....
Old 10-19-2010, 07:44 PM   #16

[QUOTE=jandrews;2296953]

Have I ever told you you're my favorite Will in this whole thread?[/QUOTEahaahaha....nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post

Mod day!!!!! Sober mod day!!!!
thats gonna take some getting used to.
Old 10-24-2010, 12:12 PM   #17

Bumping as we get closer.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:41 PM   #18

Bumpatron. Two days to go. Looks like I'm going it alone on this'n.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:59 PM   #19
Discount Tire Company
Archangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Matt
Archangel's Tacoma Gallery
We're supposed to be discharged on Saturday, if I get out in enough time, I'll be more than happy to help ya out.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:03 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
We're supposed to be discharged on Saturday, if I get out in enough time, I'll be more than happy to help ya out.
LOL, you sir are a scholar and a gentleman...but dontcha think the wifey might be a little displeased at:

1) Leave hospital
2) Hail cab for wife and newborn child
3) Disappear to help internet acquaintance install truck toys for the rest of the day.

?

That said, if she let's you get away with that, you should probably marry her and have children.

Oh yeah, and congrats

I'll be getting started early (8:30 AMish). If you've had your fill of all your female relatives dropping by to coo over the baby and need some man time, gimme a call and I can give you the address to GPS/GoogleMaps. It's up here in Salisbury though, so it'd be a bit of a drive for you.

Don't feel any obligation - I can definitely get this done solo, it'll just take a bit longer.