Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

N. Ga trail ride Nov. 13

Old 11-04-2010, 07:36 AM   #1
the town is back that way
GeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud of

Name: Freeda Feltcher
GeoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
N. Ga trail ride Nov. 13

Hey guys, we've talked a little about this in a few of the other threads, so I figured Id start a thread and see if we can get some interest.

November 13, nimblewill gap trail ride. Its up near amicalola state park, Macgyver and I did it a few weeks ago, its pretty fun, lots of places we could explore more if we had some time.

Im going up with a budy of mine in a jeep, but would like to see some tacomas up there for a meet and wheel before I leave town.

Im thinking like 11 am at the intersection of nimblewill gap rd and nimblewill church rd. Its 1 hour and 25 min. north of atlanta.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:41 AM   #2
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Works for me
Old 11-04-2010, 09:39 AM   #3
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Gr8WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Gr8WhiteTaco
How far is it from chattanooga?
Old 11-04-2010, 10:00 AM   #5
GeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud of

GeoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8WhiteTaco View Post
How far is it from chattanooga?
Its about 2 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDBigRed View Post
I would be down to go. How's the terrain up there?
Its not too bad, you can do it stock 4x4, never had to lock the diff. or anything. a small "technical" uphill, a few water holes, that could be avoided, and some of the stuff we checked out could get a bit tougher and more technical. Its a little narrow at times, I always get a few branch marks down the sides of my truck, but mine is black so it shows everything.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:17 AM   #6
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDBigRed View Post
I would be down to go. How's the terrain up there?
Its not super difficult as geotaco already stated. There is a technical part at the beginning (or end depending on where you start) which involved navigating over some rocks in 4lo and there's a few deep water crossings (make sure you do the diff breather mod) I have a stock SR5 4x4 w/ 265/75/16 duratracs and had no problems or slippage anywhere. There are some other side trails to explore as well.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:36 AM   #7
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Gr8WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Gr8WhiteTaco
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTaco View Post
Its about 2 hours.
Dang if it was any closer I'd def up for that, but I'm an hour north of Chatt.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:39 AM   #8

GeoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
bummer man, know of anything just south of chattanooga? maybe we could check that out.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:24 AM   #9

GeoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
moved to november 14th, same time and place
Old 11-09-2010, 07:07 AM   #10

Anyone wanna camp up there saturday night the 13th?
Old 11-09-2010, 07:16 AM   #11

GeoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
i could be down for that, give us a little more time to explore too.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:17 PM   #12
Where's my hammer?
2000uzj has a brilliant future2000uzj has a brilliant future2000uzj has a brilliant future2000uzj has a brilliant future2000uzj has a brilliant future2000uzj has a brilliant future2000uzj has a brilliant future2000uzj has a brilliant future2000uzj has a brilliant future2000uzj has a brilliant future2000uzj has a brilliant future

Name: Nick
2000uzj's Tacoma Gallery
damn, I won't be free until the 17th. I can't wait to get up there. They recently grades the lower end towards Old Buck Town.

Last time I went up there they were getting ready to transform it into a 2wd highway.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:01 PM   #13
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000uzj View Post
damn, I won't be free until the 17th. I can't wait to get up there. They recently grades the lower end towards Old Buck Town.

Last time I went up there they were getting ready to transform it into a 2wd highway.
Are you the guy with all the awesome videos on Youtube at Amicola(sp?)?
Old 11-09-2010, 03:42 PM   #14
Where's my hammer?
2000uzj has a brilliant future2000uzj has a brilliant future2000uzj has a brilliant future2000uzj has a brilliant future2000uzj has a brilliant future2000uzj has a brilliant future2000uzj has a brilliant future2000uzj has a brilliant future2000uzj has a brilliant future2000uzj has a brilliant future2000uzj has a brilliant future

2000uzj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
Are you the guy with all the awesome videos on Youtube at Amicola(sp?)?
I have a few videos on YouTube of a few LC's playing around up there. I might be?

username on YT is "F760".
Old 11-09-2010, 03:44 PM   #15
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I have a few videos on YouTube of a few LC's playing around up there. I might be?

username on YT is "F760".
Yeah you are. I really like your vids. Thanks for posting them. It really makes me want to drive up there some day. Hopefully sooner than later.

Do you guys get any decent snow at the peak of the season up there?
Old 11-09-2010, 03:57 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
How far are ya'll from here http://www.coalcreekohv.com/
Thats about 3 hours from my house. Not sure about the other guys.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:57 PM   #17
Where's my hammer?

2000uzj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
Yeah you are. I really like your vids. Thanks for posting them. It really makes me want to drive up there some day. Hopefully sooner than later.

Do you guys get any decent snow at the peak of the season up there?
I have been up there a few times during the "season", it seems to be icy alot during the cold season. I have been up there a few times and it was snowing but nothing crazy. You should definitely drive up and explore, tons of trails, and beautiful views. I find it prettier in the winter (though there are dead trees and limbs everywhere) because you can see out into the distance. During the spring/summer the brush is really grown in and can wreck havoc on your paint, I sport a scratch and dent sale on my rig so it doesn't bother me anymore.

EDIT: If you drive another 45-1hr north over Blood Mountain you can find some scenery and FS roads that will absolutely blow you away with how pretty it is. If you ever find time, shoot me a message and I'll be more than happy to tour the mountains of N.GA.

Sneak peak of the views you can access :

Old 11-09-2010, 04:05 PM   #18
Prepared for Bambi

Quote:
I have been up there a few times during the "season", it seems to be icy alot during the cold season. I have been up there a few times and it was snowing but nothing crazy. You should definitely drive up and explore, tons of trails, and beautiful views. I find it prettier in the winter (though there are dead trees and limbs everywhere) because you can see out into the distance. During the spring/summer the brush is really grown in and can wreck havoc on your paint, I sport a scratch and dent sale on my rig so it doesn't bother me anymore.
haha. That's a good point about the foliage.

Wow! That is beautiful. Thanks for the offer. I'll have to take you up on that. I'll let you know.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:12 PM   #19

Quote:

EDIT: If you drive another 45-1hr north over Blood Mountain you can find some scenery and FS roads that will absolutely blow you away with how pretty it is. If you ever find time, shoot me a message and I'll be more than happy to tour the mountains of N.GA.

Sneak peak of the views you can access :
The foliage was definitely thick when we went there last month. It got pretty tight in some places. I'm glad my truck is silver so it doesn't show the trail stripes. From your videos on you tube it looks a lot different in the winter.

I will hit you up on the N GA stuff I would love to explore some new places. I have a buddy w/ a 97 4runner w/ an OME lift and 285's that I'm gonna try to get to come up to Amicalola this weekend.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:16 PM   #20
Where's my hammer?

2000uzj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
The foliage was definitely thick when we went there last month. It got pretty tight in some places. I'm glad my truck is silver so it doesn't show the trail stripes. From your videos on you tube it looks a lot different in the winter.

I will hit you up on the N GA stuff I would love to explore some new places. I have a buddy w/ a 97 4runner w/ an OME lift and 285's that I'm gonna try to get to come up to Amicalola this weekend.
Do that, let me know. Be more than happy to come up with you guys if I have time. Nov. 13th won't work for me. But by all means go. Any weekend after the 13th I am free. I don't pass up wheeling if I have time!

Just got done wheeling for 3 days at the Fall Crawl at RiverRock. Damn it was awesome!