Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Lifts in northern va.

Old 12-26-2010, 12:13 PM   #1
Future55 is on a distinguished road
Future55's Tacoma Gallery
Lifts in northern va.

Whats up guys, im in the Fairfax area, and im wondering if there is any reputable shops that do lifts (im getting the OME kit) in the area? Also, how much would installation run about? Its gonna be the OME lift and TC UCAs.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:48 PM   #2
cmon guys...i just got quoted $1k for install and alignment
Old 12-27-2010, 01:51 PM   #3
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
1K? I don't live in that area, but i wouldn't pay more than $400 on a OME install.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:06 PM   #4
cadis10 is on a distinguished road
cadis10's Tacoma Gallery
there is badd boys in woodbridge. pro trucks in fredericksburg, davis offroad in richmond. those are a few that i know of around here.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:08 PM   #5
Live Fast, Die Young
superwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

superwhite10's Tacoma Gallery
call High Tech Auto and Truck, they are located in Chantilly and although you are looking at roughtly 400 for install and all that they are the ONLY shop in the area i have found that even knows what OME is. every other shop i called didnt know what OME was. they have a lot of pictures on their website of trucks they have lifted. probally will take my truck to have them install my lift as well
Old 12-27-2010, 02:17 PM   #6
c2thegreat is a jewel in the roughc2thegreat is a jewel in the roughc2thegreat is a jewel in the rough

Army: Infantry
c2thegreat's Tacoma Gallery
Who quoted you at 1000? Ive never used any of the shops but i hear American Spray Liners in Warrenton is good .

Also about Badd Boyz in Woodbridge I had an appointment to get a lift installed there and they canceled and rescheduled it like three times. I understand things come up but they didn't tell me until I was already there to drop the truck off. I'll never go there again.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:21 PM   #7
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
there is a place that is called quality tire next to potomac mills, i was quoted like 350 for a spacer in the front and aal in the back for my truck , my friends jeep was the same price, i dont think it would be much more maybe 400-450 since you would need a spring compressor and also the UCA's
Old 12-27-2010, 02:40 PM   #8
Thanks for all the help guys..

High Tech Auto and Truck was actually the place that quoted me $1k, and they didnt seem to know what OME was so i guess ill have to look elsewhere.

Ive noted the other places some of you liste, much appreciated
Old 12-27-2010, 02:49 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by superwhite10 View Post
call High Tech Auto and Truck, they are located in Chantilly and although you are looking at roughtly 400 for install and all that they are the ONLY shop in the area i have found that even knows what OME is. every other shop i called didnt know what OME was. they have a lot of pictures on their website of trucks they have lifted. probally will take my truck to have them install my lift as well
Have you gotten a price estimate from them before? I sent them an email with he OME kit from toytec and the TC UCAs and they put me on hold for a bout 5 minutes before coming back and telling me it would be near/over $1k including tax.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:00 PM   #10
cadis10's Tacoma Gallery
a buddy of mine had about the same experience with high tech. Badd Boys i have never liked but they have been lifting trucks for a very long time. my buddy took his all the way to richmond and had davis offroad do the work. he was very pleased with there work. there is a place called trick trucks in fairfax near 28 and 50 but im not sure the calibur of work.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:27 PM   #11
Live Fast, Die Young
superwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

superwhite10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future55 View Post
Have you gotten a price estimate from them before? I sent them an email with he OME kit from toytec and the TC UCAs and they put me on hold for a bout 5 minutes before coming back and telling me it would be near/over $1k including tax.
they told me about $400 for the install, but i dont have the UCAs, just the OME kit from toytec. i had talked to...Bobby and he knew what OME was and about the kit maybe not everyone that works there does? maybe the UCAs makes the difference? idk. i need my lift installed as well so when you find a good place let us know from what i found from calling local shops, most places charge by the hour of labor, i was quoted from another shop in the area anywhere from 400-700.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:36 PM   #12
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

113tac's Tacoma Gallery
there is also this place called the lab here http://www.tintlab.net/

they have like a shop that installs lowering kits so im assuming they would do lifts but idk, just trying to put another option out there

also there is a dude on her from richmond who offers to help if anyone needs it, he said he can do alignments as well, ill look for his post and post a link on here
Old 12-27-2010, 08:53 PM   #13
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
perks of living in northern va, everything is overpriced and everyone thinks their time is worth twice as much as it is. try calling the places suggested above that are a little further away from NOVA. there's a small chain (11 locations) called trick trucks in va, md, wv, and de. they are very mall-crawler oriented. some of the locations can mount tires, wheels, truck caps, and that's all, but others know more are worth checking out.
check out the one in edgewater MD, near annapolis, they do more suspension work than the others i've been to.

http://www.tricktrucks.com/index.php
227 A Mayo Road
Edgewater, MD 21037
Ph: (410) 269-0919
Old 12-27-2010, 09:20 PM   #14
Yea, there is a trick trucks close to me, ima give them a call tomorrow to see whats up.

$400 for the install at High Tech sounds good, i really dont think adding UCAs would increase it by 500. (100-150 for the alignment they said) I might give them a call again tomorrow to see whats up, i heard they were pricey but $1k, give me a break..

I also called a place out in warrenton that does powder coating but they can also do lifts, the guy quoted me around $350, but that was just a base without any details of the lift kit.

I have a few more places to ask around at tomorrow, hopefully ill find a reputable place with a decent price.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:07 AM   #15
cadis10's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a couple buddies that told me they wouldn't let american spray liner anywhere near there trucks. Just letting you know from people who have been there I personally never have.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:24 AM   #16
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Dude just post up a thread asking for help with an install. Maybe a mod day could be set up in the near future and save yourself some coin
Old 12-28-2010, 06:44 AM   #17

113tac's Tacoma Gallery
yeah a mod day would be cool, i would be down for one, like a meet and greet/mod day or something?

there is also this guy, http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...work-done.html

when i was looking at doing TC UCAs and coilovers he said he could do it, idk how much though im sure he'd hook you up though
Old 12-28-2010, 07:06 AM   #18
A mod day would be clutch, the only thing is im leaving to go back to school in 2 weeks..

I may end up having to contact the guy in central Va, i still have to make a couple calls this morning.

I was just quoted 425 for the install, i dont think that includes an alignment, which isnt bad, i just dont know the quality the install would be..
Old 12-28-2010, 07:18 AM   #19
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Where you go to school at? If you're close just come home for a weekend and host a mod day. When I put my lift on a bunch of us just got together at a members place in stafford and put a couple lifts on.

Or just try to get something set up before you head back. I've got some LR UCA's ready to put on was hoping to get that done the week after New Years.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:23 AM   #20
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joneill03 View Post
Dude just post up a thread asking for help with an install. Maybe a mod day could be set up in the near future and save yourself some coin
x2 I've been to a few meets and seen several trucks lifted in one day. (urs being one) TW rocks and people itch to help out!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future55 View Post
A mod day would be clutch, the only thing is im leaving to go back to school in 2 weeks..

I may end up having to contact the guy in central Va, i still have to make a couple calls this morning.

I was just quoted 425 for the install, i dont think that includes an alignment, which isnt bad, i just dont know the quality the install would be..
probably people around ur school that will help too