Notices

Richmona VA trails

Old 12-28-2010, 07:29 AM   #1
ArMarine04 is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Name: Alan
ArMarine04's Tacoma Gallery
Richmona VA trails

Does anyone know of any beginner to intermediate trails in and around Richmond VA and surrounding areas? I just got a 2011 Tacoma 4X4 off-road and I'm like to take it out and see what its capable of without fear of getting myself in a situation where I break something or getting stuck. If anyone knows of anything, please let me know.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:51 AM   #3
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
There's a thread about trails in Stafford area but don't know if any are closer to your area. Here's the link:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...lots-pics.html
Old 12-28-2010, 12:11 PM   #4
Duff Man is a splendid one to beholdDuff Man is a splendid one to beholdDuff Man is a splendid one to beholdDuff Man is a splendid one to beholdDuff Man is a splendid one to beholdDuff Man is a splendid one to beholdDuff Man is a splendid one to behold
Marines: Ammunition Technician, Marine Corps Security Force Regiment
Name: Sean
Duff Man's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Duff Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krookz View Post
Check out the Shoe Creek thread, we have a few guys going out on Jan 15th. Your more than welcome to come, and you wont break anything out there.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...15-2011-a.html

I might have to go to that
Old 12-28-2010, 02:47 PM   #5
Whitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Whitfield's Tacoma Gallery
Shoe creek is a good start ~

Most of the local Richmond VA wheeling is on PRIVATE LAND... Best to hook up with the locals ~ but be careful cause not all of them are their with permission.

You might try the guys at the Independant 4x shop up in the Hanover industrial park. Matt (The owner) might can point you in the right direction.

Their is pay to play down at Slades OHV park in Surry Co. but they primarly cater to bikes and ATV's. Their should also be some big MUD events comming for Good Friday ~ buy your tickets early. (You tube "Good Friday Marshburns")
Old 12-28-2010, 03:01 PM   #6
I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1
Johns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Johns Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on your new taco, I don't know about offroading at slades. I go dirtbike riding there all the time and its no place for a nice truck, at least I definitely wouldn't take my truck there. lol
Old 12-29-2010, 05:12 AM   #7
ArMarine04 is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Name: Alan
ArMarine04's Tacoma Gallery
DAMNIT ofcourse that snow creek thing would have to be on my 1 year anniversary weekend, definately wont win that battle with the wife haha.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:50 AM   #8
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitfield View Post
Their should also be some big MUD events comming for Good Friday ~
luv sum bogg smell!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArMarine04 View Post
DAMNIT ofcourse that snow creek thing would have to be on my 1 year anniversary weekend, definately wont win that battle with the wife haha.
good anniversary gift....wheeling and camping!
Old 12-29-2010, 05:52 AM   #9
dirtJMW is on a distinguished road
Name: joel
dirtJMW's Tacoma Gallery
nothing in Richmond area really, you'll have to go west to Lynchburg
Old 12-29-2010, 05:59 AM   #10
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
wait...where's Richmona Va
Old 12-29-2010, 11:12 AM   #12
-

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery

Richmona Lourembam
is on Facebook.

Old 12-29-2010, 04:51 PM   #13
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArMarine04 View Post

"...Get in the truck, woman."
Old 01-23-2011, 07:49 PM   #14
Enzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to behold

Name: Opie
Enzo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtJMW View Post
nothing in Richmond area really, you'll have to go west to Lynchburg
Whaaa? I live in Lynchburg and I don't know of anything other than Pvine (which is closed) in amherst. Anyone else live near lynchburg or want to meet up?
Old 01-26-2011, 08:44 PM   #15
98Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: adam
98Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo View Post
Whaaa? I live in Lynchburg and I don't know of anything other than Pvine (which is closed) in amherst. Anyone else live near lynchburg or want to meet up?
i live in danville
Old 02-03-2011, 08:11 AM   #16
Money Pit
tacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant future

Name: Chase
tacoma89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo View Post
Shoe Creek/Crabtree falls is like 20-30 min away from you. I went last weekend
Old 02-08-2011, 03:07 PM   #17
98Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: adam
98Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
is anyone goign to shoe creek anytime soon i want to go through the trails but seeing if someone was going. anyone have any info about this place?
Old 02-11-2011, 09:41 PM   #18
Enzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to behold

Name: Opie
Enzo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98Tacoma View Post
is anyone goign to shoe creek anytime soon i want to go through the trails but seeing if someone was going. anyone have any info about this place?
Might check this out sometime, I'll let ya know before I go.