Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

No A-Trac and no Locker

Old 01-17-2011, 11:39 AM   #1
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
No A-Trac and no Locker

I have a DCSB without lockers, without A-Trac, and no lift. Do you guys think that I could get around with the rest of you at Shoecreek or windrock/coal creek and other wheelin places in our region? I do have plans for ARB lockers and a little bit of lift later on but right now im strapped for cash (truck payments).
Old 01-17-2011, 11:49 AM   #2
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
I have an SR5 4x4 Open/Open and I have yet to run into anything I couldn't get through. You just have to make sure you pick a good line and approach.

I have gotten to a point climbing over an off camber slick rock that if I had a locker, I would have gone over just fine however after a little spinning the tires I got over it w/ the open diff.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:01 PM   #3
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
do it.....when we go there is a no taco left behind rule.....
Old 01-17-2011, 01:03 PM   #4
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
4x4 will go a long way! The other stuff just makes harder stuff easier.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:44 PM   #6
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
As they say... the traction aids just make it easier to get there or get out... Lowering air presure and adding weight to an empty bed will do wonders for traction.

A-TRAC wasn't available on Tacomas until 2009, anyway... You next truck perhaps?
Old 01-17-2011, 11:02 PM   #7
Lifted 'n Locked 4WD Prerunner
01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
01tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to 01tacoprerunner
I made it through URE in a 2wd no locker prerunner just fine. And im going to Windrock in the spring. Course i might have 4wd conversion done by then.

But you will do fine!!

BTW i saw you in Boone on sunday night on the road that goes to Banner Elk.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:08 AM   #8
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01tacoprerunner View Post
I made it through URE in a 2wd no locker prerunner just fine. And im going to Windrock in the spring. Course i might have 4wd conversion done by then.
But you will do fine!!
Sounds like Windrock will be fun then. If I can get off work I'll definitely be there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01tacoprerunner View Post
BTW i saw you in Boone on sunday night on the road that goes to Banner Elk.
Cool deal!! I was probably on my way to Beech Mtn. to go Snowboarding with a buddy and my girl! If your around this area much we should meet up. Were probably going boarding again Thursday (skiers are welcome too)!
Old 01-18-2011, 09:38 AM   #9
Lifted 'n Locked 4WD Prerunner
01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
01tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to 01tacoprerunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman614 View Post
Sounds like Windrock will be fun then. If I can get off work I'll definitely be there!

Cool deal!! I was probably on my way to Beech Mtn. to go Snowboarding with a buddy and my girl! If your around this area much we should meet up. Were probably going boarding again Thursday (skiers are welcome too)!
Yea i was up there skiing at sugar! I'm around up there a few times a year. Wish I could make it Thursday!! But I got class.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:51 AM   #10
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
know im not in NC, but im in SC so pretty close but none of my friends have the rigs to go off roading, and i'd love to hit up some trails with you guys if you'd let me.
dont have much experience under my belt so i have to learn alot
Old 01-18-2011, 01:39 PM   #11
LRGRNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeeton View Post
know im not in NC, but im in SC so pretty close but none of my friends have the rigs to go off roading, and i'd love to hit up some trails with you guys if you'd let me.
dont have much experience under my belt so i have to learn alot
Im in the same boat as you.. except im in NC... with no experience. Just keep an eye out, I'm waiting for larry and J to come back up to show me the ropes. I will also be going to the Wind Rock/Coal Creek TN meet.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:26 PM   #12
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman614 View Post
Im in the same boat as you.. except im in NC... with no experience. Just keep an eye out, I'm waiting for larry and J to come back up to show me the ropes. I will also be going to the Wind Rock/Coal Creek TN meet.
yeah will do. and i was just in boone this past weekend and hit a trail trying to get up to some ski slopes haha