Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Gun Owners in Backwoods VA

Old 01-18-2011, 05:51 PM   #1
'10 DC TRD SPORT 6SPD
JBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant future

Army:
Name: JEREMY
JBarbaresi's Tacoma Gallery
Gun Owners in Backwoods VA

I'm moving down to Bedford County in about 2 weeks onto a fairly large plot of land. I'm trying to figure out what the VA State and local laws are pertaining to discharging firearms on private property.

I've searched the VA State LIS (http://leg1.state.va.us/000/lst/LS897099.HTM) and the list of local firearms ordinances (http://www.dgif.state.va.us/hunting/...ordinances.pdf) which do not apply to Bedford County. The only VA State laws I was able to find in the LIS are pertaining to public property and shooting from vehicles, across roadways, in public buildings, etc...

Can someone point me in the right direction for laws that pertain to minimum distances from other residences/buildings required to discharge firearms on private property?
Old 01-21-2011, 08:04 AM   #2
Toyota newbie...
cornwall325 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jonathan
cornwall325's Tacoma Gallery
If there's any law for distances it will be posted in the Game and Inland Fisheries book. I don't think you have anything to worry about. There's no laws that I'm aware of in Bedford Co. and that's not too far from me. If you wanted to be on the safe side I'd assume you could call the county police over there and ask them about any local ordinances that would have to do with firearms but I think you're in good shape.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:03 PM   #3
Enzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to behold

Name: Opie
Enzo's Tacoma Gallery
If you live in the county, afaik you can blast away. I live near Bedford and have property in the county and have never had any problems. And lol at backwoods VA.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:57 AM   #5
Enzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to behold

Enzo's Tacoma Gallery
<---Dated a girl in Goode and basically lived there for 4 years.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:38 AM   #6
'10 DC TRD SPORT 6SPD
JBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant future

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo View Post
<---Dated a girl in Goode and basically lived there for 4 years.
sweet. my wife and i are psyched to get down there away from all the congestion and libs in northern va. finally some privacy... not to mention plenty of woods to take my kids camping, playing, etc...
Old 01-24-2011, 11:42 AM   #7
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-24-2011, 12:41 PM   #9
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBarbaresi View Post
i didn't go explore it yet, but there was a trail right in my backyard where we're moving. you gonna come play one day?
hell yea! U kno this Man!!
Old 01-24-2011, 02:25 PM   #10

Enzo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i didn't go explore it yet, but there was a trail right in my backyard where we're moving. you gonna come play one day?
Sounds like a plan to me! (that's if your talking to anyone in this conversation lol) Are you close to Goode store if you don't mind me asking? It is very peaceful out there, you will enjoy it I'm sure.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:43 PM   #11
'10 DC TRD SPORT 6SPD

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo View Post
Sounds like a plan to me! (that's if your talking to anyone in this conversation lol) Are you close to Goode store if you don't mind me asking? It is very peaceful out there, you will enjoy it I'm sure.
hell yeah if the trail ends up being anything, the more then merrier. i'm not too sure where goode store is. i know nothing about the area except for my address. we don't move till feb 10th so hopefully i will get more aquainted after that.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:06 PM   #12

Enzo's Tacoma Gallery
It'll be good to have another Tacoma owner in the area, the only other person I know of is Fire931. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:09 PM   #13
tisher49 is a jewel in the roughtisher49 is a jewel in the roughtisher49 is a jewel in the roughtisher49 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Alex
tisher49's Tacoma Gallery
I'm looking at property in bedford right now.... awesome that you found yourself a nice plot...mind telling me what realtor you used? I'm just starting my search now but hope to have find something while the market is still down. Good luck with the move and hope the trail turns out to be a good one.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:42 PM   #14
'10 DC TRD SPORT 6SPD

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tisher49 View Post
I'm looking at property in bedford right now.... awesome that you found yourself a nice plot...mind telling me what realtor you used? I'm just starting my search now but hope to have find something while the market is still down. Good luck with the move and hope the trail turns out to be a good one.
we are just renting because i'm in the military and its not practical to keep purchasing houses every time i move, and plus we are still under water on a house up in MD that i'm renting out to break even. the realtor we used was hill city realty, karen lovekamp. they do rentals and sales and she was pretty nice and straight forward to deal with.

not sure what your price range is but we looked at this one which is for sale and for rent in bedford city. its absolutely awesome but a little too far from my work (lynchburg).

http://www.tandeproperties.com/forsa...oldcountry.asp
Old 01-24-2011, 08:10 PM   #15
tisher49 is a jewel in the roughtisher49 is a jewel in the roughtisher49 is a jewel in the roughtisher49 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Alex
tisher49's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
we are just renting because i'm in the military and its not practical to keep purchasing houses every time i move, and plus we are still under water on a house up in MD that i'm renting out to break even. the realtor we used was hill city realty, karen lovekamp. they do rentals and sales and she was pretty nice and straight forward to deal with.

not sure what your price range is but we looked at this one which is for sale and for rent in bedford city. its absolutely awesome but a little too far from my work (lynchburg).

http://www.tandeproperties.com/forsa...oldcountry.asp
yeah that definitely makes sense to rent in your case. I have an apartment here where I work so I am just looking for some property that I can hunt and possibly build a cabin on one day. Thanks for the quick response.