Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

North Alabama Mod/ Ride Meet Picture Thread!

Old 02-17-2011, 02:20 PM   #21
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuthrnTaco07 View Post
So seeing that you posted about your shocks leaking i think i figured out why you were bouncing so much...

Cause you're running "LEEPERS"!!! HAHA!! Get it! Leepers! Leep = jump = bounce!!! LOL! JK Really not that funny just had to make a pun!
Lol, yeah yeah... I think they may actually just need a nitrogen recharge, I'm going to try that at a shop in Nashville first. (Nobody around here will do it!)

They aren't leaking, they're just not dampening right.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:29 PM   #22
Mr. Midlife Crisis
TacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
TacoAlaMode's Tacoma Gallery
Holy Leaping Leepers Batman!

I just pulled my skid plate loose and found 5 pounds of dirt in it. Started pulling the grass out from underneath and found 5 more pounds in the engine bay crossover. I didn't get a chance, but I know there is another 5 pounds in the transmission crossover. Got to repaint the skid and hit my sliders. I got more scrapes on them than I thought.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:52 PM   #23
SuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
SuthrnTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoAlaMode View Post
Holy Leaping Leepers Batman!

I just pulled my skid plate loose and found 5 pounds of dirt in it. Started pulling the grass out from underneath and found 5 more pounds in the engine bay crossover. I didn't get a chance, but I know there is another 5 pounds in the transmission crossover. Got to repaint the skid and hit my sliders. I got more scrapes on them than I thought.
Took my truck to the shop to get it serviced and turns out my front brakes were shot!!!

$329 later the service guy made a joke about how much grass and dirt they found under my truck! If they wouldn't have caught me off gaurd and i didn't have soo much on my plate as it is over the next few weeks i would have told them to fuck themselves on the brakes and done it myself! $207 of FUCKING LABOR!!! FML!!

"Again the Gods spread cheek and ram fucking cock in ass" - Domanice of House of Barteounice - "Spartacus: Blood and Sand"

This is bullshit! Rest assured i do it myself everytime from now on!
Old 02-17-2011, 09:54 PM   #24
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
Lol @spartacus. Watched every episode in one sitting. For being such a terrible show, it was ridiculously entertaining.

Jim, are nitrogen shocks not just... well... compressed air? Being that air is like 70 something % nitrogen id figure it would work. Paintball nitrogen tanks work just fine on compressed air.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:18 AM   #25
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
You fill them to 180-200psi, though. N2 will expand/contract with the temperature a fraction of what air will. I think air couldwork out poorly but idk.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:07 AM   #26
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I guess that makes sense cause of the water vapor in air. That'll cause a greater pressure variance than oxygen, not to mention you don't want water vapor in there. Have you tried calling dealerships? I know nissan ships cars with nitrogen in their tires.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:38 AM   #27
Even if they have nitrogen for tires, they won't know what they're doing and generally refuse to fill anything but tires. (I tried calling.)

Anyway, the guy at Essentially Offroad seemed like he knew his stuff, and he'll do rebuilds. (www.eoronline.com)

So I'm figuring making a trip up there is worth it; in the future I can swap in my stock coilovers and drop the leepers on my way to visit my parents in St Louis.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:01 AM   #29
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
neeehaw!
Old 03-03-2011, 05:29 AM   #30
Mr. Midlife Crisis
TacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
TacoAlaMode's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambojee View Post
that looks like so much fun! i saw some guy had BFG ATs, how did they do in the mud?

Which truck? The grey truck with chrome bull bar was me. I was running the Dueller H/T's and they sucked of course.

It was a lot of fun and will happen again.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:46 PM   #31
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
very nice pics guys.
congrats on the banner!
Old 03-03-2011, 01:50 PM   #32
I <3 the mall
luk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to behold

Name: luke
luk3's Tacoma Gallery
How big of a lift does that 4runner have? Does he have 35" tires?
Old 03-03-2011, 01:51 PM   #33
SuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I appreciate it tcBOB!!! You're the man!! I love how you cropped it in there so perfect!
Old 03-03-2011, 01:52 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by luk3 View Post
Yes in deed! that's GotLift37 Basically a 6" and 35's stuffed! That thing is a major beast!
Old 03-03-2011, 02:01 PM   #35
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk3 View Post
check out his build thread
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-thread-2.html
Old 03-03-2011, 02:12 PM   #36
I <3 the mall
luk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to behold

Name: luke
luk3's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys love the pics!
Old 03-04-2011, 11:55 AM   #37
GARYRED will become famous soon enough
Name: David
GARYRED's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys I'm a new member as of this week, but not new to the site. Started following this forum when I got my tacoma last year. I purchased the 3in OME kit with 885 springs, but did not install yet. Now after some more research, I'm wanting to sell the springs, so I can purchase the 884 springs. Having a reg cab 4x4 the 884's seem to be the way to go. So if ya'll know anyone local looking for some 885's let me know. thanks
Old 03-11-2011, 02:17 PM   #38
Sandhopper is on a distinguished road

Sandhopper's Tacoma Gallery
Nice pics, Would like to find some nice mud... Just dry clay out here...
Old 03-11-2011, 04:44 PM   #39

The place we wheeled at is now under the river. I was surprised when I pulled in town.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:47 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
The place we wheeled at is now under the river. I was surprised when I pulled in town.
Yes in deed! It is nuts! Parts of Ditto is under water too! They had to drain Guntersville lake side! So the huntsville side got deep!