Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

surfing !!!

Old 09-10-2008, 05:30 PM   #1
pat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pat's taco's Tacoma Gallery
surfing !!!

i was wondering if there are any other surfers/tacoma owners on the gulf coast ?!?!?! besides me ..
Old 09-10-2008, 05:32 PM   #2
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I'm gonna start surfing soon. Was looking at used boards on craigs list earlier. Used to be one hell of a skim boarder, but I have a bad knee so I can't do it anymore.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:45 PM   #3
pat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
I'm gonna start surfing soon. Was looking at used boards on craigs list earlier. Used to be one hell of a skim boarder, but I have a bad knee so I can't do it anymore.
last time i checked jville is on the east coast !!!! but thats cool , i go there alot for family stuff. i always take a board with me , but i usually go down to st. augustine... i think your idea is good. the only reason i started this thread because i wanted to see how everybody was enjoying the good surf we have been getting from all the storms. i used 2 sick days so i could go out today and tomarrow. the sets were perfect it was a good head high but had a crappy side drift later in the afternoon...
Old 09-10-2008, 05:49 PM   #4

surfing !!!-1406538887_l.jpg

the only pic from today ... not a good one
Old 09-10-2008, 06:10 PM   #5
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat's taco View Post
last time i checked jville is on the east coast !!!! but thats cool , i go there alot for family stuff. i always take a board with me , but i usually go down to st. augustine... i think your idea is good. the only reason i started this thread because i wanted to see how everybody was enjoying the good surf we have been getting from all the storms. i used 2 sick days so i could go out today and tomarrow. the sets were perfect it was a good head high but had a crappy side drift later in the afternoon...
Didn't notice you said Gulf Coast. Oh well.

Yeah, I go to St. Aug beach at Dondaville Road (drive on). Been there everyday this weekend and surf was HUGE. Biggest I've ever seen it here. And yeah I don't want to spend the $$ on a new board when I can get a decent one used. Save money for some mods and gas.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
Didn't notice you said Gulf Coast. Oh well.

Yeah, I go to St. Aug beach at Dondaville Road (drive on). Been there everyday this weekend and surf was HUGE. Biggest I've ever seen it here. And yeah I don't want to spend the $$ on a new board when I can get a decent one used. Save money for some mods and gas.
yeah you can totally find some deals on some used boards .... most surf shops usually have a used section ... with the exception of aqua east jax beach area ( i think thats what it's called ) they're to corporate for stuff like that.. actually if you are really just getting your feet wet , i think you should look at getting a ron jon board. they are pretty cheap for a beginner fun board. check out there website
Old 09-10-2008, 07:11 PM   #7
TRDreamin is on a distinguished road

TRDreamin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRDreamin
Quote:
i was wondering if there are any other surfers/tacoma owners on the gulf coast ?!?!?! besides me ..
I'm on the Gulf Coast and we never get more than 2-3 footers?? Everyone around hear heads over to the East Coast to surf.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:23 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDreamin View Post
I'm on the Gulf Coast and we never get more than 2-3 footers?? Everyone around hear heads over to the East Coast to surf.
pretty much from panama ( st andews state park ) on westward was really great...so i heard .i surfed pensacola and panama for the gustav swells..... i normally stay in my region in lower gulf coast bama area: gulfshores and dauphin island
Old 09-11-2008, 01:36 AM   #9
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
missileman125fw's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Pat! There is a guy in my shop that goes surfing during our lunch breaks. He's lov'n the bigger surf!
Old 09-11-2008, 02:37 AM   #10
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: (2T2X1)Air Force Rigger
Name: "Butters"
AFButters's Tacoma Gallery
Nor sure if i fall into the South East.. Im stationed in North Carolina.. (Pope AFB), currently deployed to SW Asia
Old 09-11-2008, 02:51 AM   #11
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
I only do long board. I have a Wind and Sea 9'6" with a removable tri-fin. Good float and paddles well.

Just hard to get out on a big day. Got one cut on my hand from the fin. That was the end of that day.

Hit on the head with the board as well. Demon surf! I surf the cliffs at HB, CA. Surf City, USA.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:46 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmer View Post
New Symrna/ Datonia beach all spring back in 87.
back in 87 ........ that made me laugh. right on though, i surfed galveston once. i would like to go back .

Quote:
Originally Posted by missileman125fw View Post
Hey Pat! There is a guy in my shop that goes surfing during our lunch breaks. He's lov'n the bigger surf!
hey buddy. i've been trying to get back on more. i wish i could go on my lunch break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09AFTacoma View Post
Nor sure if i fall into the South East.. Im stationed in North Carolina.. (Pope AFB), currently deployed to SW Asia
my friend was station there i think, he said the surf was always good in the carolinas
Old 09-11-2008, 03:52 PM   #13
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
me but im on the west coast
Old 09-11-2008, 04:50 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoskim View Post
me but im on the west coast
it's cool . apparently i'm the only one. all surfers are welcomed to chime in though
Old 09-11-2008, 07:10 PM   #15
TRDreamin is on a distinguished road

TRDreamin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRDreamin
Quote:
pretty much from panama ( st andews state park ) on westward was really great...so i heard .i surfed pensacola and panama for the gustav swells..... i normally stay in my region in lower gulf coast bama area: gulshores and dauphin island
Nice. One of these days I'm gonna learn how to surf. I skimmed for a little while, which is really popular around here, and I skated for a couple of years.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:11 PM   #16
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDreamin View Post
Nice. One of these days I'm gonna learn how to surf. I skimmed for a little while, which is really popular around here, and I skated for a couple of years.

i love skimmin... its definitely bigger over there than it is here. the sport is definitely growing though, i love it cuz its like skating and surfing in one
Old 06-13-2013, 12:59 PM   #17
michaelw.grey will become famous soon enough

EMS: EMT
Name: mike
michaelw.grey's Tacoma Gallery
this is super old but is there any other gulf coast surfers out there? im in pensacola and surf most all of the gulf, dive, snorkle, boat, jet ski all that too. Once a year I even make a trip the east coast(sebastion pass, and coco beach)
Old 09-25-2013, 05:27 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelw.grey View Post
this is super old but is there any other gulf coast surfers out there? im in pensacola and surf most all of the gulf, dive, snorkle, boat, jet ski all that too. Once a year I even make a trip the east coast(sebastion pass, and coco beach)

cool , i still surf the gulf coast and drive a tacoma. I just don't get on here much