Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

North Carolina vehicle registration

Old 03-09-2011, 11:40 AM   #1
bcroach78 is on a distinguished road
Army: EOD
bcroach78's Tacoma Gallery
North Carolina vehicle registration

I dont currently live in NC but should be moving there soon. I plan on installing Long tube headers on my 2010. Will I run into any issues getting my vehicle registered in NC? As long as my check engine light is not on will I be ok? Thanks for the help.

Brendon
Old 03-09-2011, 12:51 PM   #2
MURDERED_TACO
nick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud of

nick's Tacoma Gallery
souldnt be a problem
Old 03-09-2011, 06:13 PM   #3
#1 Member
Tacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud of

Name: Hunter
Tacofanatic05''s Tacoma Gallery
Man you wont have to worry about it, these inspection places are so happy to get your money they honestly dont give a crap. You can pull in with out headers or a muffler and be fine haha.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:16 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcroach78 View Post
I dont currently live in NC but should be moving there soon. I plan on installing Long tube headers on my 2010. Will I run into any issues getting my vehicle registered in NC? As long as my check engine light is not on will I be ok? Thanks for the help.

Brendon
As long as the CEL isn't on you're fine. EVERYONE inspects by OBDII now, they're not gonna stick a sniffer on your truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacofanatic05' View Post
Man you wont have to worry about it, these inspection places are so happy to get your money they honestly dont give a crap. You can pull in with out headers or a muffler and be fine haha.
Not any more. Now that inspection is computerized, a lot of them are becoming much more strict. I had to make arrangements to have my truck inspected the right way.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:48 PM   #5
#1 Member
Tacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud of

Well where im from you can pretty much do what ever you want with your truck and it will pass inspection!
Old 03-09-2011, 07:23 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sure. Go ahead and take the headers off and try.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:27 PM   #7
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
depends if they go over on emissions. but like everyone else has said, it's all a matter of who you got doing it.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:45 PM   #8
#1 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
depends if they go over on emissions. but like everyone else has said, it's all a matter of who you got doing it.
Exactly!
Old 03-11-2011, 11:34 AM   #9
bcroach78 is on a distinguished road
Army: EOD
bcroach78's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info guys. I went ahead and bought the headers so I guess when I move up there next summer we will see how the inspection stuff goes.