Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

*OFFICIAL* WINDROCK MEET PICTURE/VIDEO THREAD

Old 03-17-2011, 06:30 PM   #121
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
Good thing you found it......

I can go ahead and warn him........if it's seized, it will be a PITA. They have to be pressed in also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05tacoSPORT View Post
yup, we have talked about this the other day.
is this something my lease would cover????
Old 03-17-2011, 06:31 PM   #122
05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
05tacoSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
is this something my lease would cover????
you better get out while the getting is good
Old 03-17-2011, 06:36 PM   #123
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
Didn't you already have it done?
just 1 side
Old 03-18-2011, 04:07 PM   #124
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
so here are the 10 pics that my copilot took of yalls trucks

Old 03-18-2011, 04:08 PM   #125
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
oh yea i got in some snow
Old 03-18-2011, 08:29 PM   #126
Johnsono49 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsono49 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsono49 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsono49 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsono49 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsono49 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsono49 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsono49 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsono49 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsono49 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsono49 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Owen
Johnsono49's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

did you fix it yet.....
beat that bitch back
Oh hell no, the metal on the back plate broke in half. There's no coming back for that metal.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:32 AM   #127
BIG DADDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsono49 View Post
Oh hell no, the metal on the back plate broke in half. There's no coming back for that metal.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:23 PM   #128
Three Percenter
SampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Steve
SampleFool's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not u New York. Loud, but cool
Noooo not uncle time

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Good news everyone!

Diff is back in the truck. Tested it out this evening, and everything works....4hi to 4lo to locker all actuated in and out twice without issue.

Brian's comin' up tomorrow, we're gonna bleed the brakes, and then I should be making an appearance at the SC mod day.

Also, I found my camera. Downloading pics now. Bumpdate coming soon.
So what is the story on how u mangled the diff? Oh and quit talking bout all pro punk!
Old 03-20-2011, 06:30 PM   #129
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
There's a good discussion of it if you start here:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/arm...ml#post2890726

And read down.

The short version is that there's a problem with the 8.0 e-locked rear ends in 2nd gen Tacomas. The community conclusion seems to be that there's a manufacturing defect, because they're blowing during minor use, some people are having them crap out just driving down the road or backing out of a parking space.

Mine had been through much worse stuff before this trip than what actually cause it to fail. In fact, I wasn't even locked when it blew up.

Oh well, good excuse to get started on regearing early. 4.56s here I come...

Edit:

Here's the money post from that other thread with my best guess, based on my own info and other witnesses, of what happened to the rear:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/arm...ml#post2894980
Old 03-20-2011, 06:44 PM   #130
Three Percenter
SampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Steve
SampleFool's Tacoma Gallery
Sucks man, warranty it, and keep the new one and sell to me incase I ever break mine.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:47 PM   #131
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08armytaco View Post
Sucks man, warranty it, and keep the new one and sell to me incase I ever break mine.
lol, if I took this thing into the dealer they'd take one look at the tires, suspension, and armor and laugh at me.

I've got a spare I bought off a guy that happened to have it at CC and my old blown one...sometime this fall they're both getting rebuilt with Nitro 4.56 gears, cryo-treated. The front diff as well. One of the rears will be my spare, although honestly with that kind of rebuild I should never need a spare again.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:23 PM   #132
BIG DADDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08armytaco View Post
back off sucker
Old 03-20-2011, 07:25 PM   #133
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
back off sucker

GTFO yank!
Old 03-20-2011, 07:38 PM   #134
05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Did Big Red blow his diff?
Old 03-21-2011, 12:18 AM   #135
BIG DADDY

Quote:
Did Big Red blow his diff?
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...ml#post2898473

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...ml#post2899053
Old 03-21-2011, 03:52 AM   #136

i was thinking if the one that went on the trip with us
Old 03-21-2011, 04:54 AM   #137
BIG DADDY

Quote:
yea no this is a diff red...
Old 03-21-2011, 05:17 AM   #138
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Gah.....hope mines don't get stomach ache and crap
Old 03-23-2011, 08:05 AM   #139
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Gr8WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Gr8WhiteTaco
Quote:
Quote:
yea no this is a diff red...
Naw i don't Big Red would push his hard enough to blow one hah. Thats Redz, his truck ain't even red yo!