Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Alabama Tint Laws?

Old 03-14-2011, 01:21 PM   #2
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Can't say without living there, but it's probably going to be something thats up to the officers discretion. The darker you have them the more likely you'll be to get pulled over for it. Also not sure if you have vehicle inspections there but it could pose problems for that as well.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:29 PM   #3
Dafuq
Who Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricky
Who Dat Popcorn's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think any tint on tail lights is legal. I've had mine tinted for over 1 year now. Only got in trouble once for my windows being too dark, so he decided to write me one for my tails too. Other than that, no problems.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:37 PM   #4
All go, No show
Davtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
Davtopgun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
Can't say without living there, but it's probably going to be something thats up to the officers discretion. The darker you have them the more likely you'll be to get pulled over for it. Also not sure if you have vehicle inspections there but it could pose problems for that as well.
We have no vehicle inspections, nor do we have smog laws here. But with tons and tons of searching, i can find nothing about Alabama tail light tint laws.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:00 PM   #5
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
I think that here in Alabama it depends on where you normally drive. It's the same with window tint. I live in rural NW AL and they don't really bother you for tint. My truck has 20% on the sides and 20% laid over the factory tint on all the back windows. I had my front windshield done in 40% for a while to boot and never got pulled over. Is the law in your area picky about stuff like this?
Old 03-14-2011, 02:09 PM   #6
All go, No show
Davtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_TACO View Post
I think that here in Alabama it depends on where you normally drive. It's the same with window tint. I live in rural NW AL and they don't really bother you for tint. My truck has 20% on the sides and 20% laid over the factory tint on all the back windows. I had my front windshield done in 40% for a while to boot and never got pulled over. Is the law in your area picky about stuff like this?
Don't know, never tinted tail lights on any vehicle before. Had limo tint windows on a couple trucks with no problems.

The stuff i bought to do them is a vinyl, which is good because i can peel it off if i get pulled over. I guess i'm just going to have to go for it and see what happens.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:58 PM   #7
Mr. Midlife Crisis
TacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
TacoAlaMode's Tacoma Gallery
My brother has had his mustang tails and headlights tinted for over a year and hasn't had any problems. He drives in Huntsville quite often. I have my front sides at 20 and 50 on the front for almost a year and haven't had any issues yet either. I know mine is illegal, but my brother didn't know if his was illegal or not.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:03 PM   #8
All go, No show

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoAlaMode View Post
My brother has had his mustang tails and headlights tinted for over a year and hasn't had any problems. He drives in Huntsville quite often. I have my front sides at 20 and 50 on the front for almost a year and haven't had any issues yet either. I know mine is illegal, but my brother didn't know if his was illegal or not.
That's what i needed to know, thanks!