Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Lake Cumberlan Trail/Lake meet.

Old 07-14-2011, 10:41 AM   #1
Creeper
DanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Keith
DanglingFury's Tacoma Gallery
Lake Cumberlan Trail/Lake meet.

I've lived in the Lake Cumberland Area my whole life and have accumulated a pretty good knowledge of the trails and creeks around here. Was wondering if anyone would be interested in a trail day/weekend. We could sort of "creek hop" (like bar hopping, ya know?) and get as much as 20 or 30 miles of creek driving in and then spend a day on the lake or something like that. We could schedule this on a 4th saturday of a month and there would be Somernites Cruise (somernitescruise.com) to go to later that evening. Lake Cumberland is a verrry good sized lake, great fishing, great cove parties (can you say, "show me them titties!"?) My 5-lug will go through most of the things we encounter and there would also be numerous opportunities for some of you guys with 33's or 35's to get stuck if you dared. Bringing a quad or dirtbike wouldn't be a terrible idea either. If you're interested, lemme know when would be a good time for you and i'll try to arrange my schedule accordingly.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:04 AM   #2
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd I'm interested!

The only weekend I cannot go is Aug 20th.

Any from NKY is welcome to ride down with me and if I bring my boat I can have 9 people max.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:08 AM   #3
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
I'm interested, subbed
Old 07-14-2011, 12:09 PM   #4
HeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant future

Name: Jacob
HeadlampRevamp's Tacoma Gallery
How close are you to Alligator 2?
Old 07-14-2011, 01:12 PM   #5
Creeper
DanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shed

For anyone who doesn't know, Russell Springs (the town I live in) is NOT a big place. we would most likely meet somewhere. My house, a parking lot, a field near some of the creeks, or wherever MAXtacoma feels good about leaving his boat while we're wheelin'. And Alligator 2 is considered "BFE" for pretty much anyone that lives in Russell Springs. I'll try to do some scouting and get some more pics of some of the trails and give you guys an idea of how much wheeling we can actually do.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:20 PM   #6
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanglingFury View Post
For anyone who doesn't know, Russell Springs (the town I live in) is NOT a big place. we would most likely meet somewhere. My house, a parking lot, a field near some of the creeks, or wherever MAXtacoma feels good about leaving his boat while we're wheelin'. And Alligator 2 is considered "BFE" for pretty much anyone that lives in Russell Springs. I'll try to do some scouting and get some more pics of some of the trails and give you guys an idea of how much wheeling we can actually do.
I'd probably go down, put my boat in the water and rent a slip for the night.

How far away from the lake are you?
Old 07-14-2011, 01:23 PM   #7
TacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jackson
TacomaJack09's Tacoma Gallery
Interested!
Old 07-14-2011, 01:27 PM   #8
Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXTacoma View Post
I'd probably go down, put my boat in the water and rent a slip for the night.

How far away from the lake are you?
The closest boat dock to my house is about a 10 min drive down the road through Jamestown. I live just a mile off of 127 going through Russell Springs, and it's a small town so nothing is really more than a 15 minute drive. Everything is really close.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:30 PM   #9

Quote:
The closest boat dock to my house is about a 10 min drive down the road through Jamestown. I live just a mile off of 127 going through Russell Springs, and it's a small town so nothing is really more than a 15 minute drive. Everything is really close.
what is the name of the dock?
Old 07-14-2011, 01:39 PM   #10
Creeper

Jamestown Marina is the one I was talking about. They also have a lodge right there by the dock. Further on down the road about 10 mins if you're pulling a boat is the State Dock, they also have lodging and what not. Jamestown Marina would probably mean slightly less driving for you, the docks are in the same sort of cove thing in the way but 10 miles down the road from each other.

statedock.com
jamestown-marina.com
Old 07-14-2011, 01:44 PM   #11

Quote:
Jamestown Marina is the one I was talking about. They also have a lodge right there by the dock. Further on down the road about 10 mins if you're pulling a boat is the State Dock, they also have lodging and what not. Jamestown Marina would probably mean slightly less driving for you, the docks are in the same sort of cove thing in the way but 10 miles down the road from each other.

statedock.com
jamestown-marina.com
Thats cool, I'll check into it and see what they will charge me to have a slip for the night and the availability. I would suggest posting some dates up so we can kind of get a poll going to see what people can go what dates. The only date I cannot is the 20th of Aug.

What kind of other boats will be down there?
Old 07-14-2011, 01:47 PM   #12
Creeper

Quote:
Thats cool, I'll check into it and see what they will charge me to have a slip for the night and the availability. I would suggest posting some dates up so we can kind of get a poll going to see what people can go what dates. The only date I cannot is the 20th of Aug.

What kind of other boats will be down there?
My cousin has a 19' maxum, another friend has a slightly larger boat kinda like the maxum with a ski bar on it. (it's not a ski boat) and i'm thinking another friend might get his pontoon out.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:50 PM   #13
Creeper

just throwing some dates out there: Aug 6 or 13 Sep 3?
Old 07-14-2011, 01:54 PM   #14
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kmok's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not sure if I want to go on the lake, I want to do a lot of wheeling lol
Old 07-14-2011, 01:57 PM   #15
Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmok View Post
I'm not sure if I want to go on the lake, I want to do a lot of wheeling lol
Honestly, I prefer wheeling. The lake is nice but dammmnnnn it's been hot down here. "hotter than two squirrels fuckin in a wool sock in the middle of july" as my gramps would say.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:23 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto932 View Post
sounds awesome to me!
x23487234980

Quote:
Honestly, I prefer wheeling. The lake is nice but dammmnnnn it's been hot down here. "hotter than two squirrels fuckin in a wool sock in the middle of july" as my gramps would say.
I just couldn't bring byself to drive that far and be that close to the lake and not have my boat. Especially since I've been wanting ot go down all summer.

Meet:
Aug 6th: MAXTacoma
Aug 13th: MAXTacoma
Aug 27th : MAXTacoma
Old 07-14-2011, 02:27 PM   #18
Plastidipped ma Hootus!

kmok's Tacoma Gallery
As of right now any of those weeks for me will work, I just need to know like 2.5 weeks in advance so I can request off at work. Would it be Friday, Saturday, Sunday?
Old 07-14-2011, 02:32 PM   #19
Creeper

Quote:
x23487234980

I just couldn't bring byself to drive that far and be that close to the lake and not have my boat. Especially since I've been wanting ot go down all summer.

Meet:
Aug 6th: MAXTacoma
Aug 13th: MAXTacoma
Aug 27th : MAXTacoma
If you bring a boat, I'm definitely taking a boat to the lake as well. I mean, do what you want, I ain't your daddy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmok View Post
As of right now any of those weeks for me will work, I just need to know like 2.5 weeks in advance so I can request off at work. Would it be Friday, Saturday, Sunday?
Just found out 27th is no bueno for me. And as far as Friday Saturday or Sunday, I'd say Fridays aren't gonna be good for me, get started on a Saturday and go home that night or get a room and wheel or go to the lake sunday?
Old 07-14-2011, 02:33 PM   #20

Quote:
If you bring a boat, I'm definitely taking a boat to the lake as well. I mean, do what you want, I ain't your daddy!

Just found out 27th is no bueno for me. And as far as Friday Saturday or Sunday, I'd say Fridays aren't gonna be good for me, get started on a Saturday and go home that night or get a room and wheel or go to the lake sunday?
If I come down, I'm bringing the boat.