1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Northern Virginia Roll Call

Discussion in 'Virginia' started by r6hokie, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Sep 3, 2013 at 9:37 PM
    CanisLupus

CanisLupus Member since 2011

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Stokesdale | NC
    Vehicle:
    ‘19 Honda Civic Hatchback
    I like having matching colors, personally. Green (albeit OD) and red would remind me too much of Christmas colors. :rolleyes:

Matt

2. Sep 3, 2013 at 9:40 PM
    skygear

skygear                    

Member:
    HAHahaha Point taken. OD it is then. Spouts? Black, OD green, red?

I was thinking all OD or Black.

3. Sep 3, 2013 at 9:42 PM
    CanisLupus

CanisLupus Member since 2011

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Stokesdale | NC
    Vehicle:
    ‘19 Honda Civic Hatchback
    I think it would look cool OD with black spouts. They work well together.

Matt

4. Sep 3, 2013 at 9:43 PM
    skygear

skygear                    

Member:
    DOne and Done.

Now to see if I can get on a payment plan with FrontRunner for a set of roof racks.

5. Sep 4, 2013 at 7:00 AM
    fjfar80

fjfar80 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD OR DC
    Total Chaos UCA's, King Coilover Front Suspension w/ Remote Reservoir Shocks, King / OME Dakar Rear Suspension with Remote Reservoir Shocks, DO Front Bumper, BruteForce Custom Rear Bumper, Slee Offroad Sliders, Warn w/synthetic line, Softopper, etc.
    I could be interested in this...I was thinking now that the weather is cooling off we need to go ahead and book some camping / overland trips.

If anyone wants to hit Southern Cruiser Crawl with me, please let me know. October 10th through 13th. I will be leaving on the 10th and coming back on the 14th. This is one of the best TLCA events in the US and Superlift has some great trails.

- Mark

6. Sep 4, 2013 at 7:08 AM
    fjfar80

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD OR DC
    Total Chaos UCA's, King Coilover Front Suspension w/ Remote Reservoir Shocks, King / OME Dakar Rear Suspension with Remote Reservoir Shocks, DO Front Bumper, BruteForce Custom Rear Bumper, Slee Offroad Sliders, Warn w/synthetic line, Softopper, etc.
    I've got 4 of the red Jerry cans (sticking with the unleaded gas color) and I always keep 2 on the truck. One suggestion, never carry gas on top of the truck (despite what all the camel trophy dudes do) as if it leaks or if you roll over you could be in a world of hurt. A rear carrier with a little stand-off distance is the only way to go.

Just look at all the special operations vehicles out there and see if you notice gas on top of the vehicle. We did a demo out at Tier 1 Group for a unit showing a roll over with gas on top and the fire drove the point home. Metal Jerry cans or plastic Jerry cans on top will leak and metal on rock during a rollover can produce the necessary ignition spark.

- Mark

7. Sep 4, 2013 at 10:40 AM
    PinkTaco69

PinkTaco69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Nokesville, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    08 Off Road DCSB
    Raptor Bed Liner
    Hey Matt! The trail is for all of the above. I've only been there once but it's stock friendly and there's no real risk of damaging anything. I took my stock 95' Pickup without any problem. You do have to get a pass which I believe are available at the local gas station. If you google or youtube "Peter's Mill Run" you'll come across some good videos and pics. That's how I originally found out about it.

8. Sep 4, 2013 at 12:02 PM
    PinkTaco69

PinkTaco69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Nokesville, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    08 Off Road DCSB
    Raptor Bed Liner
    If anyone needs windshield repair or replacement, go to Windshield City in Chantilly. They did a great job replacing the windshield in my work truck and it was only $146 installed.

9. Sep 4, 2013 at 2:22 PM
    fjfar80

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD OR DC
    Gents, if you need brass for your reloading activities (5.56 or 300BLK) and / or some high quality Geissele triggers...my website, Farage Precision, is now open and operating effectively.

Also, we (Ronin Strategies) are going to be hosting a 3 hour long range / precision rifle seminar (no shooting) at F3 Tactical (Chantilly) in the near future (date TBD).

We are also hosting a Precision Rifle class October 4th through 6th at K&M in Florida.

Hope to see you there.

- Mark

10. Sep 4, 2013 at 10:46 PM
    skygear

skygear                    

Member:
    I appreciate the concern. In reality, I was not planning on a roof carry. Just getting my p's n q's in a row as to my next investment for the truck. Thinking of getting, or adding, a ladder system to the Slimline rack, and having a mounting system there for the fuel.

11. Sep 4, 2013 at 11:01 PM
    skygear

skygear                    

Member:
    What about BLACK Jerry cans?

12. Sep 5, 2013 at 3:45 AM
    TacoCat

TacoCat These pretzels are making me thirsty

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny-5
    Chantilly, VA
    Vehicle:
    22 JLUR 6MT
    Wow that seems really cheap. I hadn't had my truck a few months when a dump truck tossed a rock into my windshield and chipped it. I got it fixed for free under insurance comprehensive; the company came to my work and filled the chip for free. Its been years and it has not spider webbed out or anything.
    Before I went that option I called and asked about replacement and it was a lot more than that IIRC.

13. Sep 5, 2013 at 4:22 AM
    virginiamarine

virginiamarine Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    FJCruiser/Double cab Tacoma
    Windshield replacement can be a major pita because of unknowledgeable techs. I had koons of tysons replace my windshiled only to forget a couple key body mold clips. Let's just say there is a piece of my truck on I95 somewhere (it flew right off at highway speeds). They finally fixed it after a lot of complaining, but I'll never go to koons again.

ps. Has anyone heard of RedCloud off road in Springfield? It apparently has nice trails and costs $30 for entry. There are some good videos of JKs going through the park. For that price....it's local, and won't cost me a gas tank and time! A bunch of the FJ folks are talking about trying it out. http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f42/redcloud-offroad-park-woodbridge-va-176097/

14. Sep 5, 2013 at 5:09 AM
    TacoCat

TacoCat These pretzels are making me thirsty

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny-5
    Chantilly, VA
    Vehicle:
    22 JLUR 6MT
    Looks like a whole lot of mud from the pics. Haven't seen the videos. I'm kinda over the mudding scene. Would be nice to just hit a few trails that aren't too muddy though for an afternoon. Beats driving to GWNF

15. Sep 5, 2013 at 5:23 AM
    virginiamarine

virginiamarine Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    FJCruiser/Double cab Tacoma
    Yeah, I hear you on the mud. Check out the videos though....it looks to have some fun trails just for kicking a little dirt up!

16. Sep 5, 2013 at 5:24 AM
    CHUNKY08

CHUNKY08 Milk was a BAD choice

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    08WHTSR54x4
    20% tinted, Low pro truxedo bed cover, debadged, Billie 5100's plus 2" AAL, 265/70/17 General Grabbers, ProComp 5001 wheels, Polk Audio 6.5" components & Polk Audio 6.5" rear, Kenwood headunit, homertoshi grill, plasti dipped lower valiance, mag light mod, more coming...
    this looks pretty f-ing sweet. Mud or not, its a close place to wheel and beats the shit out of driving down to GWNF. We should have our next tuesday meet there instead!

17. Sep 5, 2013 at 6:05 AM
    Frogsauce

Frogsauce Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chesapeake Bay
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD Offroad
    I'm not much for paying to wheel. I get plenty of that in during hunting season for free.

18. Sep 5, 2013 at 6:16 AM
    superwhite10

superwhite10 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Garner, NC
    Im with him ^^ im over the mud and going balls out to blast through a mudhole. Ill have to check the vudeos out later but if it looks worth it i wouldnt be against goin if something gets set up

19. Sep 5, 2013 at 6:45 AM
    fjfar80

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD OR DC
    I am assuming none of those guys in the videos have heard of tread lightly before? I get super annoyed when I see people just lay down the accelerator in a little rut or something...just digging it out more and more and making worse and worse. Lovely.

- Mark

20. Sep 5, 2013 at 7:31 AM
    superwhite10

superwhite10 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Garner, NC
    Agree, "the loop" at shoecreek is or was last time i was there almost impassable becayse the rut had gotten to deep at the top of the hill theres no way to avoid being thrown into a tree. First time i was there i scaped by it no problem, 2nd time i tired it about a year later it took strapping to the truck in front of me just to hold my truck away from it

Products Discussed in

To Top