Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Northern Virginia Roll Call

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-16-2013, 12:21 PM   #3201
DOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
I was fun 2 drive the 20min I did then blew te head gaskets
Old 09-16-2013, 12:54 PM   #3202
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Small meet at Shoe Creek on 12 October if any of y'all are interested.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...ll-2013-a.html
Old 09-17-2013, 10:12 AM   #3203
Frogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: On EOS duty
Name: Chris
Frogsauce's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody up for a yak boondoggle this Saturday?

I'm not set on where yet. Maybe somewhere I ain't been yet, like Lake Jackson or Germantown Lake...
Old 09-17-2013, 02:19 PM   #3204
PinkTaco69 is a glorious beacon of lightPinkTaco69 is a glorious beacon of lightPinkTaco69 is a glorious beacon of lightPinkTaco69 is a glorious beacon of lightPinkTaco69 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Luke
PinkTaco69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogsauce View Post
Anybody up for a yak boondoggle this Saturday?

I'm not set on where yet. Maybe somewhere I ain't been yet, like Lake Jackson or Germantown Lake...
I'm not being a dick. I live near Lake Jackson and they have been keeping the water level super low ever since the dam was going to bust. I haven't been over there recently but I believe that's still the case....just wanted to save you a trip.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:04 PM   #3205
Frogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkTaco69 View Post
I'm not being a dick. I live near Lake Jackson and they have been keeping the water level super low ever since the dam was going to bust. I haven't been over there recently but I believe that's still the case....just wanted to save you a trip.
Thanks! I don't know much about the waters around here other than Burke and Occoquan.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:44 AM   #3206
Yotafish is a splendid one to beholdYotafish is a splendid one to beholdYotafish is a splendid one to beholdYotafish is a splendid one to beholdYotafish is a splendid one to beholdYotafish is a splendid one to beholdYotafish is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Chief Petty Officer
Yotafish's Tacoma Gallery
I would be interested. I know everyone is spread out pretty good so I can only suggest places that are more local to me. Not sure if everyone can get on Quantico but what about Smith Lake or Breckenridge Reservoir. Outside of that there is Curtis. Aquia Creek is good also but I try to stay away from there on the weekends due to boat traffic.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:30 AM   #3207

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotafish View Post
I would be interested. I know everyone is spread out pretty good so I can only suggest places that are more local to me. Not sure if everyone can get on Quantico but what about Smith Lake or Breckenridge Reservoir. Outside of that there is Curtis. Aquia Creek is good also but I try to stay away from there on the weekends due to boat traffic.
I was looking at Smith lake last time, I ended up going into the creek there by the gas station on mainside, and it was nothing but lillies!

I think Smith lake would be good. The obstacles with base are access and base fishing license. I have access to Quantico also, so anyone who doesn't just needs to follow one of us. I got my fishing license from the PX but it's closed until like 9 or 10. So anyone know where else you can get it early morning?
Old 09-18-2013, 11:35 AM   #3208
fjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
fjfar80's Tacoma Gallery
So, I brought my M101A3 home last night from MCAS Cherry Point and I am in the process of planning the "build" of the trailer for my off-roading, camping, and hunting needs.

Who on this board is a good welder - the first thing I am going to need is a top built that can open with the assistance of gas struts. I am thinking of doing this with aluminum square tube as the frame, I-Beam as support with a sheet metal skin. I have not learned the art of welding yet...thus, need someone to help me weld some aluminum together.

If you're interested let me know - we can work out the finances.

- Mark
Old 09-18-2013, 11:52 AM   #3209
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
for all you yaakers, Occaquan is nice, Great Falls, Georgetown..
Old 09-18-2013, 12:38 PM   #3210

Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
for all you yaakers, Occaquan is nice, Great Falls, Georgetown..
I wanted to see about Germantown one of these days. And the northern Potomac systems, nothing in or after the DC area though..

Occoquan was too dirty the day I went. Plus there is a fish advisory out for the whole system right now. In KY I would take that with a grain of salt, but out here those PCB numbers are just too high to ignore.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:54 PM   #3211
fjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
fjfar80's Tacoma Gallery
Any good lakes around here to fish - we use to fish all the lakes off of the Tennessee River.

- Mark
Old 09-18-2013, 01:15 PM   #3212

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjfar80 View Post
Any good lakes around here to fish - we use to fish all the lakes off of the Tennessee River.

- Mark
So far I have only fished Burke. It was alright, but I think pressure is keeping the big ones down. Lots of crappie though, and a few big catfish.
Old 09-18-2013, 01:29 PM   #3213
spithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
spithead051's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjfar80 View Post
So, I brought my M101A3 home last night from MCAS Cherry Point and I am in the process of planning the "build" of the trailer for my off-roading, camping, and hunting needs.

Who on this board is a good welder - the first thing I am going to need is a top built that can open with the assistance of gas struts. I am thinking of doing this with aluminum square tube as the frame, I-Beam as support with a sheet metal skin. I have not learned the art of welding yet...thus, need someone to help me weld some aluminum together.

If you're interested let me know - we can work out the finances.

- Mark
DoubllD is the guy to talk to. He's usually around here somewhere.
Old 09-18-2013, 03:40 PM   #3214
DOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
Why aluminum because of weight? I can weld for you but aluminum takes way longer an for a trailer it's not the best idea but ill do whatever you want
Old 09-18-2013, 08:17 PM   #3215
fjfar80's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLLD View Post
Why aluminum because of weight? I can weld for you but aluminum takes way longer an for a trailer it's not the best idea but ill do whatever you want
Just the lid...I figure that would be light but strong enough for a RTT.

Let's chat and figure something out.

- Mark
Old 09-18-2013, 09:06 PM   #3216

DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
Ok hit me up.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:11 PM   #3217
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLLD View Post
doesnt aluminum have to be heat treated after welding or is that only certain types or if you want to make the weld stronger?
Old 09-19-2013, 09:28 AM   #3218

DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
Depend on application but 99% don't need 2
Old 09-19-2013, 09:38 AM   #3219
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
oh okay, im just used to bikes then haha
Old 09-19-2013, 10:39 AM   #3220

DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
It makes it easier 2 weld if it's been pre heated

Products Discussed in this Thread