Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Northern Virginia Roll Call

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-11-2013, 06:54 AM   #3501
jps is a splendid one to beholdjps is a splendid one to beholdjps is a splendid one to beholdjps is a splendid one to beholdjps is a splendid one to beholdjps is a splendid one to beholdjps is a splendid one to behold
jps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vatrdtaco View Post
In Falls Church, Craftsman Auto Body on Gordon Rd.

All my research and talking with friends has also pointed me to this place. Thanks for confirming. Going to stop by tonight and get an estimate.

Oscar's body shop downt eh street said he would just paint over it for $250. That doesn't sit right with me but I know little about paint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogsauce View Post
Hit it with one of those Mr Clean magic erasers first and see what comes out.

I take minor scratches out with that thing all the time. Yours look deeper though.
Yeah mine might be too deep for that solution this time but definitely good to keep in mind for the future.

Thanks for the responses.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:56 AM   #3502
Jay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay9722's Tacoma Gallery
Be careful with the magic erasures on your paint. I'm a huge fan of them for light scratches and scuff marks but you've got to be gentle. I had a small mark on my bedside and used the magic erasure on it thinking all was good. Later that day, while parked in the sun, I could see that the clear coat was really hazy at the spot where the mark was. Make sure you do a really good job polishing and waxing after using the magic erasures. My truck is super white so it wouldn't be as noticeable as a darker color. Just my .02
Sorry to see you got tagged
Old 11-11-2013, 06:58 AM   #3503
CanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
CanisLupus's Tacoma Gallery
Who'd I wave to this morning on FFX County Parkway? Lifted silver 2nd Gen DCLB with black wheels and rear plate bumper.

Matt
Old 11-11-2013, 09:45 AM   #3504
FlyFishVA is a splendid one to beholdFlyFishVA is a splendid one to beholdFlyFishVA is a splendid one to beholdFlyFishVA is a splendid one to beholdFlyFishVA is a splendid one to beholdFlyFishVA is a splendid one to beholdFlyFishVA is a splendid one to behold
Name: Robert
FlyFishVA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLLD View Post
I know a good body stop but it's in sterling he does all our work
DOUBLLD-
I live in Leesburg, and was in a minor fender bender this morning in town. What's the name of the body shop in Sterling? I would like to get this taken care of without having to go through my insurance.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:25 AM   #3505
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Where you go hunting. I need to fill the freezer!
Old 11-11-2013, 12:32 PM   #3506
FlyFishVA is a splendid one to beholdFlyFishVA is a splendid one to beholdFlyFishVA is a splendid one to beholdFlyFishVA is a splendid one to beholdFlyFishVA is a splendid one to beholdFlyFishVA is a splendid one to beholdFlyFishVA is a splendid one to behold
Name: Robert
FlyFishVA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
Where you go hunting. I need to fill the freezer!
I have a couple of farms I hunt in Western Loudoun, and I hunt the National Forest when I am looking for a challenge.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:43 PM   #3507
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
I have my crossbow ready to harvest WIlling to travel!
Old 11-11-2013, 03:08 PM   #3508
DOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
Royal auto body 7034335350 I work across the street from them at eurocharged
Old 11-11-2013, 04:55 PM   #3509
Live For The Moment
Bsnaylor has a brilliant futureBsnaylor has a brilliant futureBsnaylor has a brilliant futureBsnaylor has a brilliant futureBsnaylor has a brilliant futureBsnaylor has a brilliant futureBsnaylor has a brilliant futureBsnaylor has a brilliant futureBsnaylor has a brilliant futureBsnaylor has a brilliant futureBsnaylor has a brilliant future

Bsnaylor's Tacoma Gallery
After help from Skygear, his pickle fork, and working through a few minor setbacks (thanks to Wheeler's) we successfully completed the OME suspension on my truck. Today I got an alignment and spent some time in the parking lot doing some trimming and now the truck is driving quite nicely. Thanks to everyone who offered to help me out. A big thanks to Skygear for offering his know-how and arsenal of tools.

Oh and I'm ready to get out into the field and bag a whitetail too.....if anyone's interested let's get it done. I know Skygear's up for it.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:59 PM   #3510
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Lub me some fresh WHITE TAIL!

Pickle fork! Thanks for grabbing tools as we needed them! I think I will get one of those tool dollies to keep at the house from now on.

Get some photos up! Start a build thread.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:55 PM   #3511
Live For The Moment
Bsnaylor has a brilliant futureBsnaylor has a brilliant futureBsnaylor has a brilliant futureBsnaylor has a brilliant futureBsnaylor has a brilliant futureBsnaylor has a brilliant futureBsnaylor has a brilliant futureBsnaylor has a brilliant futureBsnaylor has a brilliant futureBsnaylor has a brilliant futureBsnaylor has a brilliant future

I think I attached my build thread to my signature....I had one before, but there was nothing in it so I didn't tell anyone haha
Old 11-12-2013, 01:29 PM   #3512
virginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Retired SNCO
virginiamarine's Tacoma Gallery
Thought you guys would appreciate this.....went out on Saturday for black powder on family property out west and got a nice 9 pt chasing a doe. I bleeped at him to stop for me and took him down with a clean 75 yard shot. Once I got down from the stand I took this picture with my DSLR.300mm lense...

My buddy also got one just 20 minutes later. after the field dressing and butchering I ended with these two (mine is on left and my buddies is on right). I'm not a trophy hunter, so I'll use the antlers for rattling next year!

Old 11-12-2013, 01:46 PM   #3513
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! Theres a deer hunting thread too. Can I come next time? I'm using a cross bow though...

Heres the link
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gun...thread-58.html
Old 11-12-2013, 02:49 PM   #3514
Live For The Moment

Ah man those are two nice bucks! Nice work with the black powder. I've never shot black powder before...coming from the Great Plains it would be quite the challenge haha. I've got my Remington .243 that I've been using since I was 12 and that's all I've ever really deer hunted with. Took my elk in 2009 with a .300 I borrowed from a buddy. I need to find some good public or private land to go deer hunting on. I'm not a trophy hunter either, I just want to fill my freezer back up with venison!
Old 11-12-2013, 03:48 PM   #3515
GMC has a brilliant futureGMC has a brilliant futureGMC has a brilliant futureGMC has a brilliant futureGMC has a brilliant futureGMC has a brilliant futureGMC has a brilliant futureGMC has a brilliant futureGMC has a brilliant futureGMC has a brilliant futureGMC has a brilliant future
GMC's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Everyone

I found a gas station in Springfield that will only charge $85 to weld up a muffler. I want something just a little louder than stock. Anyone have a stock 4.0 motor set up with a Magnaflow, Borla, Flowmaster etc muffler swap?
I would like to hear it in person before I make the decision.

I drive around all the time for work, so meeting up should be pretty easy
Old 11-12-2013, 05:45 PM   #3516
Live For The Moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMC View Post
Hey Everyone

I found a gas station in Springfield that will only charge $85 to weld up a muffler. I want something just a little louder than stock. Anyone have a stock 4.0 motor set up with a Magnaflow, Borla, Flowmaster etc muffler swap?
I would like to hear it in person before I make the decision.

I drive around all the time for work, so meeting up should be pretty easy
Ready for suggestions as well!
Old 11-12-2013, 07:22 PM   #3517
DOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
Come to me I'll weld it up also
Old 11-12-2013, 07:23 PM   #3518

DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a exhaust I built yesterday
Attached Thumbnails
Northern Virginia Roll Call-uploadfromtaptalk1384309417195.jpg  
Old 11-12-2013, 07:52 PM   #3519
spithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
spithead051's Tacoma Gallery
DoublDD welded my exhaust together. Dynomax muffler with a turn down before the rear axle.

I'm looking to trade it for a stock exhaust as I want to go in a different direction but if anyone wants to hear it, we can set something up.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:02 PM   #3520
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
lets race, kidding. no sc yet

Products Discussed in this Thread