Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Northern Virginia Roll Call

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-04-2013, 03:16 PM   #3501
Lespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Lespaulkid01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsnaylor View Post
Just be carefully buddy....I recently had a friend back in my home town (who I grew up laying hockey with) die after his AMX slipped off the jack and crushed him...here's the article. Veery sad day in my small hometown in South Dakota...

http://www.capjournal.com/news/man-c...tml?TNNoMobile
Sorry to hear about your loss man.

Reminds me of when I heard about my friend's friend. The guy had a VERY clean e36 m3 and got in a front end collision. The license plate he had wedged between the windshield and dash came loose and hit him in the face.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:32 PM   #3502
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Fine. Instead of food and beverage, buy some jack stands....
Old 11-05-2013, 09:14 AM   #3503
fjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
fjfar80's Tacoma Gallery
How many of you gents are residents of the City of Fairfax? If you are - list your screen name or PM me. I would like to hear what's important to you guys as city residents.

Thanks.

- Mark
Old 11-06-2013, 08:15 AM   #3504
Frogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: On EOS duty
Name: Chris
Frogsauce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
Fine. Instead of food and beverage, buy some jack stands....
Hey I think our double jack failover setup we used a while back worked...
Old 11-07-2013, 10:04 PM   #3505
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Just saw a DCSB in white with Plasti Dipped wheels, and a frontrunner roof rack on the cab. Exited off 395 in front of me. I Honked and waved. Then I pulled into a gas station as to not stalk you any further.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:22 AM   #3506
jps is a splendid one to beholdjps is a splendid one to beholdjps is a splendid one to beholdjps is a splendid one to beholdjps is a splendid one to beholdjps is a splendid one to beholdjps is a splendid one to behold
jps's Tacoma Gallery
So my truck is no longer new....

I got my first bruise (I'm assuming this was over the weekend as I was out of town) but it appears someone on my street backed up into me and left some scratches and two little dents.

My question is: Does anyone know a good body shop around Rockville (work) or Falls church (home)? What would you all do in this situation?

Also how much do you think this would/should cost?
Attached Thumbnails
Northern Virginia Roll Call-img_20131107_165227.jpg  
Old 11-08-2013, 06:24 AM   #3507
cdowling has much to be proud ofcdowling has much to be proud ofcdowling has much to be proud ofcdowling has much to be proud ofcdowling has much to be proud ofcdowling has much to be proud ofcdowling has much to be proud ofcdowling has much to be proud ofcdowling has much to be proud ofcdowling has much to be proud of
cdowling's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jps View Post
I got my first bruise (I'm assuming this was over the weekend as I was out of town) but it appears someone on my street backed up into me and left some scratches and two little dents.

My question is: Does anyone know a good body shop around Rockville (work) or Falls church (home)? What would you all do in this situation?

No sorry note left?
Old 11-08-2013, 07:17 AM   #3508
jps is a splendid one to beholdjps is a splendid one to beholdjps is a splendid one to beholdjps is a splendid one to beholdjps is a splendid one to beholdjps is a splendid one to beholdjps is a splendid one to behold
jps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdowling View Post
No sorry note left?
No note but the guy was nice and stopped by my house yesterday asking if the truck was mine. I wasn't there but it appears he's a stand up guy.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:29 AM   #3509
cdowling has much to be proud ofcdowling has much to be proud ofcdowling has much to be proud ofcdowling has much to be proud ofcdowling has much to be proud ofcdowling has much to be proud ofcdowling has much to be proud ofcdowling has much to be proud ofcdowling has much to be proud ofcdowling has much to be proud of
cdowling's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No note but the guy was nice and stopped by my house yesterday asking if the truck was mine. I wasn't there but it appears he's a stand up guy.
oh okay, that's cool of him to do that. i hate hearing stories where people don't let ya know they hit your car. a dudes nice ass beamer got dented in my gym parking lot not too long ago and he called the cops cuz whoever did it just peaced out
Old 11-08-2013, 06:09 PM   #3510
DOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
I know a good body stop but it's in sterling he does all our work
Old 11-09-2013, 06:41 AM   #3511
Live For The Moment
Bsnaylor has a brilliant futureBsnaylor has a brilliant futureBsnaylor has a brilliant futureBsnaylor has a brilliant futureBsnaylor has a brilliant futureBsnaylor has a brilliant futureBsnaylor has a brilliant futureBsnaylor has a brilliant futureBsnaylor has a brilliant futureBsnaylor has a brilliant futureBsnaylor has a brilliant future

Bsnaylor's Tacoma Gallery
Last summer he gf and I went to the zoo and as we were walking back to the car we noticed a couple and a young child in a stroller next to our vehicle and they they were acting funny, they kept glancing our way as we were walking through the lot keeping a close eye on where we were parked. Well, finally made it to our vehicle and the reason they kept watching us was because they had dented the sh*t out of the car next to theirs, which happened to be ours and they were trying to hurry and leave before the owner came. Lucky for us we got there and made them give us their insurance info!

Anyway, I'm back from vacation and really anxious to get my truck done. If anyone wants to help me out that'd be fantastic. I'm free Sunday and Monday if that works for anyone.Shoot me a text and we will go from there. Thanks guys.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:18 PM   #3512
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Im around tomorrow,
Old 11-09-2013, 02:57 PM   #3513
Live For The Moment
Bsnaylor has a brilliant futureBsnaylor has a brilliant futureBsnaylor has a brilliant futureBsnaylor has a brilliant futureBsnaylor has a brilliant futureBsnaylor has a brilliant futureBsnaylor has a brilliant futureBsnaylor has a brilliant futureBsnaylor has a brilliant futureBsnaylor has a brilliant futureBsnaylor has a brilliant future

Bsnaylor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
Im around tomorrow,
Spithead offered to help me out next weekend, but I'm getting a lot of grief from the gf with having 4 tires, 4 rims, and a complete OME suspension kit taking up the entire back room and she would LOVE to see it gone as soon as possible lol if tomorrow works for you I'd love to get this taken care of so I can possibly go deer hunting next weekend....plus the weather is supposed to be really nice out tomorrow and I'm not sure what to expect for weather next weekend. Would we be able to go use the place on Belvoir? Give me a text tonight(or tomorrow morning) if you'd like to help me do it tomorrow. Thanks.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:34 PM   #3514
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.belvoirmwr.com/Facilities...SkillsShop.php

Looks like sunday is 9-5 no alignment machine there though. Would want to schedule one in the next couple of days.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:25 PM   #3515
vatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
vatrdtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to vatrdtaco
Quote:

In Falls Church, Craftsman Auto Body on Gordon Rd.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:33 PM   #3516
netman1969 will become famous soon enoughnetman1969 will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Air Force Security Police NCO
Name: Dave
netman1969's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to netman1969
New to the area

Whats up all? I am new to the area, just moved from San Antonio TX to the Leesburg area back in Sept. Looking forward to meeting some fellow Taco fans and finding some wheelin spots. I am dying to get off the pavement and get the truck dirty. If there's any events, good wheeling areas, meet ups, etc... someone please let me know.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:24 PM   #3517
Frogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: On EOS duty
Frogsauce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Hit it with one of those Mr Clean magic erasers first and see what comes out.

I take minor scratches out with that thing all the time. Yours look deeper though.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:54 AM   #3518
jps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vatrdtaco View Post
In Falls Church, Craftsman Auto Body on Gordon Rd.

All my research and talking with friends has also pointed me to this place. Thanks for confirming. Going to stop by tonight and get an estimate.

Oscar's body shop downt eh street said he would just paint over it for $250. That doesn't sit right with me but I know little about paint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogsauce View Post
Hit it with one of those Mr Clean magic erasers first and see what comes out.

I take minor scratches out with that thing all the time. Yours look deeper though.
Yeah mine might be too deep for that solution this time but definitely good to keep in mind for the future.

Thanks for the responses.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:56 AM   #3519
Jay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay9722's Tacoma Gallery
Be careful with the magic erasures on your paint. I'm a huge fan of them for light scratches and scuff marks but you've got to be gentle. I had a small mark on my bedside and used the magic erasure on it thinking all was good. Later that day, while parked in the sun, I could see that the clear coat was really hazy at the spot where the mark was. Make sure you do a really good job polishing and waxing after using the magic erasures. My truck is super white so it wouldn't be as noticeable as a darker color. Just my .02
Sorry to see you got tagged
Old 11-11-2013, 05:58 AM   #3520
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Who'd I wave to this morning on FFX County Parkway? Lifted silver 2nd Gen DCLB with black wheels and rear plate bumper.

Matt

Products Discussed in this Thread