Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Northern Virginia Roll Call

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-09-2014, 10:00 AM   #4001
5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Luke
5280Transplant's Tacoma Gallery
Good points. Looks like price is close to the same. I'll update with pictures when I get insurance taken care of. Hopefully it will happen this week.
Old 03-09-2014, 01:52 PM   #4002
spithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
spithead051's Tacoma Gallery
I have an All-Pro APEX bumper. I love mine and it has all of the recovery points, headlights hoops, etc.
Old 03-09-2014, 02:51 PM   #4003
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spithead051 View Post
I have an All-Pro APEX bumper. I love mine and it has all of the recovery points, headlights hoops, etc.
Patrick, do you have a friend (just got involved in FCPD's process?) who has a silver DCSB? A guy in one of my classes at Mason saw my truck and we started talking and he mentioned a friend who had OME and an APEX bumper...sounded familiar...

Matt
Old 03-09-2014, 06:34 PM   #4005
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
I remember reading the pelfreys were thinner metal than the arb. Haven't seen one up close. But I love my color matched ARB.

I do like the look and features of the pelfrey. Winch cutout, light bar cutout, Recovery points, etc. But at the time, he was only making them for the newer designed front end. Not sure on the steel difference. If all things were equal. I probably would still choose the ARB. It has grown on me. Plus all the airbag testing they did on them gives me a little more faith in the bumper.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:16 AM   #4006
fjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
fjfar80's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
ARB also doesn't have any recovery points. However, I think the consensus on this site is that the best bumpers for our trucks are either ARB or Pelfrey, as far as quality and everything goes.Matt
I would kindly disagree with that, as I think there are a lot of fans of Demello as well. One advantage to the ARB is that ARB does significant crash testing of their products. They're really the only Tacoma bumper manufacturer that does that and has the facilities to do so. So, you're getting a bumper that has been crash tested, proven to work with airbags, and does not cause any other "legal" issues. Some folks don't care about that, while others do.

- Mark
Old 03-10-2014, 05:19 AM   #4007
virginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Retired SNCO
virginiamarine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GATORTACO92 View Post
So I'm on bolling airforce base/naval base/ whatever it is called. I'm at the hobby shop buuuuuut they aren't open I guess. Somebody wanna help me find a place where I can replace my bearing?
Yeah, Quantico has a auto hobby shop. They are open from Wed-Sun. They're good to go and very knowledgeable. Check em out.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:47 AM   #4008
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjfar80 View Post
I would kindly disagree with that, as I think there are a lot of fans of Demello as well. One advantage to the ARB is that ARB does significant crash testing of their products. They're really the only Tacoma bumper manufacturer that does that and has the facilities to do so. So, you're getting a bumper that has been crash tested, proven to work with airbags, and does not cause any other "legal" issues. Some folks don't care about that, while others do.

- Mark
Yep. This.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:05 AM   #4009
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjfar80 View Post

- Mark
DO also uses thinner steel than some of the other vendors, however, I like my DO overall. Wasn't happy with some customer service aspects / quality control, but it's water under the bridge now.

Matt
Old 03-10-2014, 08:08 AM   #4010
spithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The past couple of mornings I've had an issue with my parking brake light staying on. I release the brake, put the truck in D and drive forward normally and it starts beeping at me. If I bump the pedal once or twice it turns off and I know that the brakes themselves are not sticking.

Bad sensor maybe?
Old 03-10-2014, 08:12 AM   #4011
PantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
PantherTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The past couple of mornings I've had an issue with my parking brake light staying on. I release the brake, put the truck in D and drive forward normally and it starts beeping at me. If I bump the pedal once or twice it turns off and I know that the brakes themselves are not sticking.

Bad sensor maybe?

Check with namyo. Had the same or at least similar problem
Old 03-10-2014, 09:28 AM   #4012
Frogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: On EOS duty
Name: Chris
Frogsauce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Bad sensor maybe?
Wires loose?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post8109308
Old 03-10-2014, 10:09 AM   #4013
5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed
5280Transplant's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamarine View Post
Yeah, Quantico has a auto hobby shop. They are open from Wed-Sun. They're good to go and very knowledgeable. Check em out.
Is this open to Marines only? I have been looking for a shop to rent out for a while.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:43 AM   #4014
Lespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lespaulkid01's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone here have an aftermarket radio antenna (not CB antenna..) that has good reception? I need to get something shorter than the stock one, but I listen to the radio a decent amount so I don't want a shitty $5 wal mart special. Haha I'm getting tired of that boing noise everytime I enter the parking garage at work and it slaps the sign.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:59 AM   #4015
virginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Retired SNCO
virginiamarine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280Transplant View Post
Is this open to Marines only? I have been looking for a shop to rent out for a while.
It's available to military active, reserve, retired only. Of course, if you have a military buddy....he/she can get you in no problem. Their fees are very, very reasonable, but they won't work on heavy aftermarket stuff for you....you'll have to do the work yourself. But it's nice to have all the tools necessary instead of running out to the store for it.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:15 PM   #4016
DOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Bad sensor maybe?
Seen the sensor come loose causing this pain in the butt to replace
Old 03-10-2014, 02:02 PM   #4017

I'll take it to the dealer then one of these days, still have 3 years left on the warranty.

In other news, new intake!!!!

Old:

New:
Old 03-10-2014, 03:05 PM   #4018
Lespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well, got rear ended on the way home from work today. The truck took it like a champ. My d-ring hitch put a nice hole in the other guys camry. The bumper is a tiny but cockeyed but otherwise looks fine.. I've got an appointment to drop it off Friday morning at Toyota for them to check it out.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:22 PM   #4019
Frogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: On EOS duty
Name: Chris
Frogsauce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lespaulkid01 View Post
Well, got rear ended on the way home from work today. The truck took it like a champ. My d-ring hitch put a nice hole in the other guys camry. The bumper is a tiny but cockeyed but otherwise looks fine.. I've got an appointment to drop it off Friday morning at Toyota for them to check it out.
That happened to mine once, my bumper took the whole front end of the 2014 Escape. I have a dent, but nothing more.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:39 PM   #4020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogsauce View Post
That happened to mine once, my bumper took the whole front end of the 2014 Escape. I have a dent, but nothing more.

Yea I have a tiny paint chip and the passenger side of the bumper is pushed in about 1/2" but nothing more. Can't even really tell haha I'm just taking it to Toyota to make sure it didn't fuck up anything underneath. I dont think it did though.. the bumper and hitch are still level and the hitch isn't bent at all.

Products Discussed in this Thread