Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Northern Virginia Roll Call

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-31-2014, 03:15 PM   #4221
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJBJ11 View Post
Is there a "good" place to get my emissions in VA checked, or are they all the same in price/fairness. Secondly, is there a "right" way to mount my front tags on my bumper without drilling? and thirdly, i may have a bunch of coaxial cable and connectors and crimpers if anyone ever needs to route a CB antenna without drilling more than just the width of the cable. See? I'm useful too.
The prices are set by the state for the inspection and emmisions. If you are not renewing tags, you do not need the emmisions. If it is the first time in VA for the registration, yeah, you need both.

I cannot remember correctly. Always less than $50 for the 2 combined. Might be ~$30 ish.

As long as the tag is there. You will pass. Check all the lights, wiper blades, and tire tread depth, break pads/ calipers.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:18 PM   #4222
Revived and BACK baby!
joedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant future

Army: Squad Automatic Rifleman, 29th Light Infantry
joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
I pass a white access taco with a satoshi, old school toyota letters, black wheels on Yates/Henderson Rds in Clifton just about everyday. Anyone know who it is? Sweet looking truck.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:19 PM   #4223
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMC View Post
Got any pics yet?

How much of your truck is left...really want to see this beast
I have only chopped the CMC, and a little of the fender for turning. After dinner I might get chopping. Then again, inspection tomorrow. So I might just hold off.

Theres a bolt that needs some attention on one of my skids. Some wiring also.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:20 PM   #4224
Revived and BACK baby!
joedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant future

Army: Squad Automatic Rifleman, 29th Light Infantry
joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
The prices are set by the state for the inspection and emmisions. If you are not renewing tags, you do not need the emmisions. If it is the first time in VA for the registration, yeah, you need both.

I cannot remember correctly. Always less than $50 for the 2 combined. Might be ~$30 ish.

As long as the tag is there. You will pass. Check all the lights, wiper blades, and tire tread depth, break pads/ calipers.
Put soft tape on the back of the license plate and zip tie it to the lower bumper intake until you can get a no drill bracket for it.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:28 PM   #4225
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-31-2014, 03:32 PM   #4226
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
If you look at the front. I dry fit the firestick.

Umm. Check my build thread. Mooved the pics there.
Old 03-31-2014, 04:05 PM   #4227
DOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
State inspection is 16 emissions is 28
Old 03-31-2014, 04:46 PM   #4228
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, what he said
Old 03-31-2014, 06:40 PM   #4229
Milk was a BAD choice
CHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant future

Name: Dave
CHUNKY08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Looking SWEET Skygear!
Old 03-31-2014, 06:41 PM   #4230
Milk was a BAD choice
CHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant future

Name: Dave
CHUNKY08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedirt View Post
I pass a white access taco with a satoshi, old school toyota letters, black wheels on Yates/Henderson Rds in Clifton just about everyday. Anyone know who it is? Sweet looking truck.
I drive that route everyday but don't have old school letters. What time normally?
Old 03-31-2014, 09:46 PM   #4231
Town Drunk
TJBJ11 is a splendid one to beholdTJBJ11 is a splendid one to beholdTJBJ11 is a splendid one to beholdTJBJ11 is a splendid one to beholdTJBJ11 is a splendid one to beholdTJBJ11 is a splendid one to beholdTJBJ11 is a splendid one to behold

Army: ABN & AASLT
Name: Tim
TJBJ11's Tacoma Gallery
I just tied it down with some 550 cord to the bottom part of the bumper so it wont scratch paint. it looks pretty stupid. but i feel pretty stupid, too; my tennessee tag didnt expire til the end of april and i thought today was the last day. whatever. front plates suck. i'm thinking of buying one of those yellow dont tread on me ones so it doesnt look so... white.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:51 PM   #4232
vatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
vatrdtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to vatrdtaco
P Tuning says their event starts at 10am on Sat. I think Heritage opens at noon or 2.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:01 AM   #4233
5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Luke
5280Transplant's Tacoma Gallery
Well I started around 6:30 and finished around 10:30, but I got the ARB mounted up. It is about an inch off center, but i'll fix that this weekend when I wire up the turn signals and the HIDs.

Old 04-01-2014, 08:20 AM   #4234
spithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
spithead051's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280Transplant View Post
Well I started around 6:30 and finished around 10:30, but I got the ARB mounted up. It is about an inch off center, but i'll fix that this weekend when I wire up the turn signals and the HIDs.

Looks good man!
Old 04-01-2014, 08:22 AM   #4235
spithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJBJ11 View Post
Is there a "good" place to get my emissions in VA checked, or are they all the same in price/fairness. Secondly, is there a "right" way to mount my front tags on my bumper without drilling? and thirdly, i may have a bunch of coaxial cable and connectors and crimpers if anyone ever needs to route a CB antenna without drilling more than just the width of the cable. See? I'm useful too.
You can take the truck anywhere. It's new enough that they'll just plug it in and do the visual inspection. I bought one of the kits from Advance that sticks on and has screw holes for the license plate.

I may have to take you up on the coax cable in the near future
Old 04-01-2014, 09:06 AM   #4236
Frogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: On EOS duty
Name: Chris
Frogsauce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I believe i 'could' pass inspection. without issue. BUT. I want to wait til tomorrow the 1st, so I have another month on it. 4 vs 3. Playing with fire...

Want to take it back to the place that did the alignment too. Tracking to the right. Want to make sure everything is lined up ok. Tires were changed off the wheels. Put back on all while on the alignment rack. So I think that there was a bit of an issue since the truck didn't really settle/ suspension. Put 500 miles on her since the alignment friday. Not happy.

Going to swap the 2 front wheels from side to side and see if that helps. If not, to the shop I go. Then getting them to do the inspection there. Otherwise, local gas station that I never have issues will get me the green light.
Firestone at Springfield Mall does really good alignment work. I bought the lifetime alignment, killer deal.

6699 Spring Mall Dr, Springfield, VA
Old 04-01-2014, 09:09 AM   #4237
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
checking in up here I'll have a few jobs up there this summer and be making day trips.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:05 AM   #4238
Lespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Lespaulkid01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namyo View Post
checking in up here I'll have a few jobs up there this summer and be making day trips.
Do you know where in NoVa your jobs will be?
Old 04-01-2014, 03:52 PM   #4239
JEgenrieder is on a distinguished road

Name: Jim
JEgenrieder's Tacoma Gallery
Question aftermarket skid plates - 2014 DCLB; nearby source?

I'm looking for recommendations on a complete set of bolt-on skid plates. If I had the options they'd be black and 3/16.

I'd also be interested in a reasonably close-by source, not only to minimize shipping but support local folks. I used IPOR for my Cruisers over the years, but I don't believe they're producing skid plates for 2nd generation Tacomas (yet).
Old 04-01-2014, 04:03 PM   #4240

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEgenrieder View Post
I'm looking for recommendations on a complete set of bolt-on skid plates. If I had the options they'd be black and 3/16.

I'd also be interested in a reasonably close-by source, not only to minimize shipping but support local folks. I used IPOR for my Cruisers over the years, but I don't believe they're producing skid plates for 2nd generation Tacomas (yet).
All-Pro or Bud Built are the ones most people prefer on here. The Bud Built plates are made by a smaller company but I don't know of any shops around here that make skid plates for our trucks.

Products Discussed in this Thread