Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Northern Virginia Roll Call

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-07-2014, 10:21 AM   #5321
Laichaboss21 has a brilliant futureLaichaboss21 has a brilliant futureLaichaboss21 has a brilliant futureLaichaboss21 has a brilliant futureLaichaboss21 has a brilliant futureLaichaboss21 has a brilliant futureLaichaboss21 has a brilliant futureLaichaboss21 has a brilliant futureLaichaboss21 has a brilliant futureLaichaboss21 has a brilliant futureLaichaboss21 has a brilliant future
Name: Hugo
Laichaboss21's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in to check out red cloud! Except I have to get a new tow strap because mine have metal hooks. Also for their "jack" requirement can it just be the bottle jack that comes stock or does it have to be a hi lift
Old 09-07-2014, 10:23 AM   #5322
hpvds is one of the sharper tools in the shedhpvds is one of the sharper tools in the shedhpvds is one of the sharper tools in the shedhpvds is one of the sharper tools in the shedhpvds is one of the sharper tools in the shedhpvds is one of the sharper tools in the shedhpvds is one of the sharper tools in the shedhpvds is one of the sharper tools in the shedhpvds is one of the sharper tools in the shedhpvds is one of the sharper tools in the shedhpvds is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Manie
hpvds's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmharvey79 View Post
I'm in Centreville, VA and I'd probably be interested in hitting those trails up sometime. I have a stock 2014 DC so I wouldn't be climbing those chunks of concrete or bombing those deep mud holes but I'm sure it would still be fun.

It's not bad. Some trails were pretty muddy but they also have a hose hooked up to a fire hydrant to clean off with. There were also a bunch of dry trails. Most quite tight and there were some tougher drop offs and tougher angles. The tacoma (on stock suspension with 265/75r16's) did fine but I did need a few pulls due to the lack of a locker. Also I definitely recommend skids. My SOS skid was well used (actually bent a portion of the mid skid mounting lip). The jeeps and 4runners did fine -- definitely helped by their shorter wheelbase but the tacoma's length and long overhangs were a bit of a hinderance. Length only helped with getting traction on the steep hills.

It's was fun but I did not enjoy cleaning mud for the entire next day.
Old 09-07-2014, 12:14 PM   #5323
hpvds is one of the sharper tools in the shedhpvds is one of the sharper tools in the shedhpvds is one of the sharper tools in the shedhpvds is one of the sharper tools in the shedhpvds is one of the sharper tools in the shedhpvds is one of the sharper tools in the shedhpvds is one of the sharper tools in the shedhpvds is one of the sharper tools in the shedhpvds is one of the sharper tools in the shedhpvds is one of the sharper tools in the shedhpvds is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Manie
hpvds's Tacoma Gallery
There are some picture from when we were there posted here http://dirtroadtrip.com/blog/trips/f...run/#more-2350
Old 09-07-2014, 06:31 PM   #5324
FMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Hospital Corpsman
Name: Topher
FMF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laichaboss21 View Post
I'm in to check out red cloud! Except I have to get a new tow strap because mine have metal hooks. Also for their "jack" requirement can it just be the bottle jack that comes stock or does it have to be a hi lift
The jack that comes with your truck is fine. You don't have to have a hi lift. You will defenetly want a snachstrap. But if we all go together I have extra you can borrow.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:16 AM   #5325
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laichaboss21 View Post
They were for a double cab. Someone's already picking them up. Next time I come across another set I'll let y'all know
I have Tundra floor all weathers in the truck. Ben looking for the DC Taco's for awhile.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:03 AM   #5326
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Mine didn't even come with floor mats maybe cause I bought during that big accelerator sticking crisis.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:37 AM   #5327
Laichaboss21 has a brilliant futureLaichaboss21 has a brilliant futureLaichaboss21 has a brilliant futureLaichaboss21 has a brilliant futureLaichaboss21 has a brilliant futureLaichaboss21 has a brilliant futureLaichaboss21 has a brilliant futureLaichaboss21 has a brilliant futureLaichaboss21 has a brilliant futureLaichaboss21 has a brilliant futureLaichaboss21 has a brilliant future
Name: Hugo
Laichaboss21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMF View Post
The jack that comes with your truck is fine. You don't have to have a hi lift. You will defenetly want a snachstrap. But if we all go together I have extra you can borrow.

SWEET! im off this weekend if you wanna check it out!
Old 09-08-2014, 12:49 PM   #5328
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have a TRD SC Tacoma I can use for measurements? I need to make a mounting plate. No driving involved, just measurements for reference.
Old 09-08-2014, 02:33 PM   #5329
LED & HID positive
zopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Zak
zopperman's Tacoma Gallery
anyone ever rebuilt their own shocks?
Old 09-08-2014, 05:19 PM   #5330
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
I rebuilt someone else's shocks. Need nitrogen and a gauge.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:43 PM   #5331
el tráfico más lento se queda derecha
SManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
Anyone have a TRD SC Tacoma I can use for measurements? I need to make a mounting plate. No driving involved, just measurements for reference.
Mounting plate for what? I'm curious and willing to help I'm in Centreville. I'm busy this week but we can set something up for early AM this weekend or sometime next week. PM me if interested.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:56 PM   #5332
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
I'll get to you later today or tonight. thanks.

It is for a fuse block the RTMR or RFRM listed in my signature area. I sell them.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:08 PM   #5333
el tráfico más lento se queda derecha
SManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

It is for a fuse block the RTMR or RFRM listed in my signature area. I sell them.
Cool! I'm in! I'd like to learn more about them Electrical work is definitely not my forte...if it can help me get rid of the ramen noodle job hiding behind my plastics I'm all for it :P
Old 09-08-2014, 06:39 PM   #5334
spithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
spithead051's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I'm in as well if you need it off of an off-road automatic model.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:36 PM   #5335
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome!
Old 09-09-2014, 09:47 AM   #5336
LED & HID positive
zopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Quote:
I rebuilt someone else's shocks. Need nitrogen and a gauge.
my icons are fucked - need new lower bearings/heims and spacers, full rebuild, just in wicked rough shape. Cant decide if 700lb springs are worth it
Old 09-10-2014, 02:02 AM   #5337
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
I can vouch for it being a MESSY long drawn out process. Whats ICON charging for the kit?
Old 09-10-2014, 08:22 AM   #5338
LED & HID positive

EMS:
Quote:
I can vouch for it being a MESSY long drawn out process. Whats ICON charging for the kit?
for them or DSM to do a rebuild looks like around 600 for the pair. (including 700 LB springs)

i would need a few parts and such, would imagine it would be cheaper to DIY
Old 09-10-2014, 11:19 AM   #5339
little squirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittle squirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittle squirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittle squirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittle squirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittle squirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittle squirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittle squirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittle squirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittle squirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittle squirt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

little squirt's Tacoma Gallery
how many here in the area are going to the big dogs event? I'm thinking of pre-registering today. Any of you meeting up to caravan there?
Old 09-12-2014, 09:12 AM   #5340
Plazma Addict
hoodboogie is on a distinguished road

Marines: Pew Pew
hoodboogie's Tacoma Gallery
Fredericksburg here checking in.

Products Discussed in this Thread