Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Northern Virginia Roll Call

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-11-2013, 06:38 AM   #1422
spithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
spithead051's Tacoma Gallery
Installed my carrier bearing spacer yesterday and now I have a clunk coming from the rear end. Oh joyous day!
Old 02-11-2013, 06:45 AM   #1423
DOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
So is 2moro happening? Who is comin 2 Chantilly hooters?
Old 02-11-2013, 06:47 AM   #1424
Milk was a BAD choice
CHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant future

Name: Dave
CHUNKY08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLLD View Post
So is 2moro happening? Who is comin 2 Chantilly hooters?
It sounds like most people can't make it this week so I think we have moved it until next week - hooters. That's just what I've gathered from my lurking.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:48 AM   #1425
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spithead051 View Post
Installed my carrier bearing spacer yesterday and now I have a clunk coming from the rear end. Oh joyous day!
axle wrap?
Old 02-11-2013, 07:23 AM   #1428
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
i was game... lets have 2!
Old 02-11-2013, 04:05 PM   #1429
DOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
Ok so next Tuesday we better have a better turn out since more people can make that
Old 02-11-2013, 04:45 PM   #1430
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Wont be able to make that one either
Wife is working so ill have the kids. Maybe one of these meets will fall on one of her days off.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:09 PM   #1431
spithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshroughneck View Post
When does it clunk? Driving in general? Hit bumps? Any particular speeds?
I noticed it first when backing out and into my driveway on the bump there. Can't tell at other speeds.

I doubt it is axle wrap as I didn't touch the axle.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:29 PM   #1432
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLLD View Post
Ok so next Tuesday we better have a better turn out since more people can make that
What are you doing tomarro? Wanna help me trouble shoot this bad bearing? I cant tell if its front or rear and I don't have access to a lift.

I need to know which one is bad so i can order the part and I'll do all the work.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:30 PM   #1433
Only because I drink powerthirst!
joshroughneck is on a distinguished road

Name: Josh
joshroughneck's Tacoma Gallery
Are there any new modifications on your leaf springs or shocks? If its just bumps and what not, it's most likely suspension. Touching the carrier bearing wouldn't do much but cause vibes if done wrong. Trying pushing down on the immediate right and left sides of your rear bumper hard and see if it makes the noise maybe you can isolate it from there.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:36 PM   #1434
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshroughneck View Post
Are there any new modifications on your leaf springs or shocks? If its just bumps and what not, it's most likely suspension. Touching the carrier bearing wouldn't do much but cause vibes if done wrong. Trying pushing down on the immediate right and left sides of your rear bumper hard and see if it makes the noise maybe you can isolate it from there.
I'm stock TRD OR Suspension right now, minus my Firestone Air Ride kit.

I'm sure its a bearing, just not sure which one.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:37 PM   #1435
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
When I drive, an increasing growl from 0 to infinity.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:15 AM   #1436

DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
Just put the truck on jack stands put it in drive let the wheels spin an put your hand on the springs you will be able find out which one it is
Old 02-12-2013, 05:20 AM   #1437
Look away, I'm hideous!

^^ sounds scary LOL
Old 02-12-2013, 05:21 AM   #1438
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
my jack stands were stolen. I'll go find some new ones at a good price then.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:23 AM   #1439
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
The way I have done it in the past with other vehicles was up on a lift with all 4 wheels running. Then walked under the lift and listened to the vehicles noises. Jack stands are the same thing. Just not as high up. and I wouldnt necessarily go under the vehicle when its running like that.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:15 AM   #1440

skygear, I can't remember where you're located but I am off all day and tomorrow if you want to swing my way and I can give you hand with finding the problem.

In other news. I fixed the clunk! damn u-bolt nuts, I showed them!

Products Discussed in this Thread