Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

North AL Burgers, Boggers, and Modders Meet!!

View Poll Results: Which Date would be best!?
January 21, 2012 2 22.22%
January 28, 2012 5 55.56%
February 4, 2012 5 55.56%
February 11, 2012 7 77.78%
February 18, 2012 3 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 09:39 AM   #441
Mr. Midlife Crisis
TacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
TacoAlaMode's Tacoma Gallery
So guys, I was working on my taxes last night and things are looking good. Since Xodeuce is talking about SWR meters, what is a good CB to be looking at. I might decide to get one before the meet.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:40 AM   #442
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
nope i sure dont. thought about gettin one from my dad several times but never pulled the trigger. dont know where i would mount or how i would run the cable and wire.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:52 AM   #443
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by my08yoyo View Post
nope i sure dont. thought about gettin one from my dad several times but never pulled the trigger. dont know where i would mount or how i would run the cable and wire.
like mine. in the center console

Old 02-01-2012, 10:03 AM   #444
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
i use that space though.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:05 AM   #445
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
i use that space though.
me too, but my cb fit so perfectly in that little side portion.

I wish I can my truck so xod- could help me get it set up!

Old 02-01-2012, 10:06 AM   #446
My turn.

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
btw noone ever answered brian's question

Old 02-01-2012, 10:08 AM   #447
mmmmmmbourbon.
xodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xodeuce's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a uniden 520xl and it works well. I'll post some pics when I'm back at my computer.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:11 AM   #448
southern proud
conradtaco123 will become famous soon enough

Law Enforcement:
Name: Joshua
conradtaco123's Tacoma Gallery
Glad to see someone has swr meter. CB is off frequency n miss placed mine if you dnt mind bringing that along besides that an extra pair of hands for someone else

Old 02-01-2012, 10:42 AM   #449
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by conradtaco123 View Post
Glad to see someone has swr meter. CB is off frequency n miss placed mine if you dnt mind bringing that along besides that an extra pair of hands for someone else
Brian, if you have nowhere to put it, you can do what I did: cobra's all-in-handset version with an external speaker is working pretty well for me.

xodeuce, I may want your help. I have a firestik NGP, but I couldn't tune my CB worth a shit, it was like it needed to be a longer antenna even when I had it all the way out, no bueno.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:54 AM   #450
Mr. Midlife Crisis
TacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
TacoAlaMode's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
me too, but my cb fit so perfectly in that little side portion.

I wish I can my truck so xod- could help me get it set up!
What model?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xodeuce View Post
I've got a uniden 520xl and it works well. I'll post some pics when I'm back at my computer.
I'd been interested to see the size and mounting you have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspadaro View Post
Brian, if you have nowhere to put it, you can do what I did: cobra's all-in-handset version with an external speaker is working pretty well for me.
I'll check it out.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:06 AM   #451

I have the cheap walmart one.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:38 AM   #452
My turn.

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoAlaMode View Post
I'd been interested to see the size and mounting you have.

tempting.......... very tempting......... but alas i already have two quotes in my sig perhaps i pass on this time..............

Old 02-01-2012, 11:40 AM   #453
My turn.

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
i changed my mind HHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-01-2012, 11:41 AM   #454
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i changed my mind HHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stop it Justin, you're scaring Kyle.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:42 AM   #455
My turn.

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
huh?

Old 02-01-2012, 11:47 AM   #456
mmmmmmbourbon.
xodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xodeuce's Tacoma Gallery
Here you go. The antenna is a Larsen NMO27B, with a Larsen NMO mount. I made the antenna bracket from some sheet metal I bought at Tractor Supply.

The Larsen stuff is basically the type antenna that public safety folks use. I use the same style mount for my 2M/70cm ham radio. I can show you guys at the meet how they work.

Old 02-01-2012, 12:03 PM   #457
mmmmmmbourbon.

xodeuce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by conradtaco123 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspadaro View Post
xodeuce, I may want your help. I have a firestik NGP, but I couldn't tune my CB worth a shit, it was like it needed to be a longer antenna even when I had it all the way out, no bueno.
If the radio's off freq I'm not sure I'll be much help. The SWR meter doesn't read anything except forward and reflected power, and I don't know jack about aligning the oscillator in a CB circuit. If it's just tuning the antenna we'll see what we can do.

If you've got the NGP it's gonna be really sensitive to the length of the coax. I'm not sure how much literature they include on that, but there'll be a precise length that you need to use to make it work, and it can't be coiled or it'll throw it off. We can take a look at it and see what's up though. NGP at CB frequencies is kinda snake oil to be honest. I know a lot of folks get them to "work" but it's about as far from optimal as you can get. Not trying to bash, just to let you know.

Old 02-01-2012, 12:09 PM   #458
rolltide3705 has a brilliant futurerolltide3705 has a brilliant futurerolltide3705 has a brilliant futurerolltide3705 has a brilliant futurerolltide3705 has a brilliant futurerolltide3705 has a brilliant futurerolltide3705 has a brilliant futurerolltide3705 has a brilliant futurerolltide3705 has a brilliant futurerolltide3705 has a brilliant futurerolltide3705 has a brilliant future

Name: A.J.
rolltide3705's Tacoma Gallery
Still a maybe on this. Met up with Justin the other day and he reminded me that this was going on. I have a readylift leveling kit that i would bring to be installed, and also thinking about BHLM if time would allow.

Old 02-01-2012, 12:14 PM   #459
All go, No show
Davtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
Davtopgun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide3705 View Post
Still a maybe on this. Met up with Justin the other day and he reminded me that this was going on. I have a readylift leveling kit that i would bring to be installed, and also thinking about BHLM if time would allow.
Spacers are very easy to install. I could put a leveling kit on in about an hour.

Old 02-01-2012, 12:23 PM   #460
rolltide3705 has a brilliant futurerolltide3705 has a brilliant futurerolltide3705 has a brilliant futurerolltide3705 has a brilliant futurerolltide3705 has a brilliant futurerolltide3705 has a brilliant futurerolltide3705 has a brilliant futurerolltide3705 has a brilliant futurerolltide3705 has a brilliant futurerolltide3705 has a brilliant futurerolltide3705 has a brilliant future

Name: A.J.
rolltide3705's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davtopgun View Post
Spacers are very easy to install. I could put a leveling kit on in about an hour.
It also has 1" block, new u-bolts, and new shocks

Closed Thread