Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

NC MOD/COOKOUT DAY (WINSTON-SALEM)

Old 01-09-2012, 08:50 AM   #21
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post
I was just thinking about that. I'm sure the fluids can be picked up at an Auto parts store local, or I can pick it up before I come.

Not sure what to get; nor am I sure how to drain, fill correctly. I suppose that's what mod day is for.
my dumbass did it, so can you. it's just synthetic gear oil. take off the top and bottom bolts, let her drain, fill it up till it comes out the top. . . . I still need to do my front cause I was too lazy to take off my skid and I didn't have a hand pump to get it all in there
Old 01-09-2012, 09:01 AM   #22
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
is anyone going to be coming from the OBX or E City area!?!??!
Old 01-09-2012, 09:09 AM   #23
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by uscg2008 View Post
If I was in OBX, I'd be staying there. My absolute favorite place on the East Coast.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:20 AM   #24
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by uscg2008 View Post
if burry (eltacorojo) comes, he is in somewhat of those neck of the woods. I'll probably be coming from raleigh or 40 miles east of there in Johnston county.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:21 AM   #25
no one ever pays me in gum
blacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: caleb
blacksheff405's Tacoma Gallery
any of you changed out the gear in your speed sensor?
Old 01-09-2012, 09:32 AM   #26
That's a fact Jack!
Pope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wesley
Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
I might do that grill mod that I was planning on. Kinda like a satoshi type thing. So if anyone has a proper tool to cut the plastic pieces out of the grill to replace i with the metal I'm down with that!
Old 01-09-2012, 09:54 AM   #27
A-TRAC Equipped
speedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
speedydave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope953 View Post
I might do that grill mod that I was planning on. Kinda like a satoshi type thing. So if anyone has a proper tool to cut the plastic pieces out of the grill to replace i with the metal I'm down with that!
I have a few tools, I have a dremel you could use for your grill.

I just did the Bilstein 5100's on my truck and could help someone install them.

I don't want to haul a bunch of tools around, but I can bring about anything we would need. Air compressor, air tools, spring compressors, etc.

OP, what tools do you have at your shop?
Old 01-09-2012, 05:57 PM   #28
GoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
GoDeacsWFU23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedydave View Post
I have a few tools, I have a dremel you could use for your grill.

I just did the Bilstein 5100's on my truck and could help someone install them.

I don't want to haul a bunch of tools around, but I can bring about anything we would need. Air compressor, air tools, spring compressors, etc.

OP, what tools do you have at your shop?

We have very few tools because we make all of our technicians keep their tools on their service vans. We have a massive air compressor though with 3 different hook ups (1 being outside, 1 in the warehouse and 1 in the shop). I would recommned bringing your own tools because I can not gurantee we will have them.

EDIT: We do this because we use to have someone with sticky fingers and lost about $7,000.00 in brand new Kobalt tools. Needless to say the employee was terminated and tools were no longer left in the shop. We do have a "painting booth" but the exhaust blows into the parking lot which sucks.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:00 PM   #29
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tacoman15's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope953 View Post
well i would say ask Chemist but he seems to be in a bit of a mood. (i don't think he is coming anymore because someone called him a noob)
Old 01-09-2012, 06:01 PM   #30
GoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoman15 View Post
well i would say ask Chemist but he seems to be in a bit of a mood. (i don't think he is coming anymore because someone called him a noob)

I ruffeled his feathers with that one.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:01 PM   #31
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDeacsWFU23 View Post
We have very few tools because we make all of our technicians keep their tools on their service vans. We have a massive air compressor though with 3 different hook ups (1 being outside, 1 in the warehouse and 1 in the shop). I would recommned bringing your own tools because I can not gurantee we will have them.

EDIT: We do this because we use to have someone with sticky fingers and lost about $7,000.00 in brand new Kobalt tools. Needless to say the employee was terminated and tools were no longer left in the shop. We do have a "painting booth" but the exhaust blows into the parking lot which sucks.
dude i might hit that up. gonna have some sliders that will need rattle canning
Old 01-09-2012, 06:02 PM   #32
Stop staring at me swan!

Quote:
I ruffeled his feathers with that one.
lol he didn't like my diaper rash comment either
Old 01-09-2012, 06:03 PM   #33

Quote:
dude i might hit that up. gonna have some sliders that will need rattle canning

it is nothing special, it is not even completely enclosed but we use it to paint the equipment we refurbish, just have to make sure no vehicles are in front of the exhaust fan or they will be speckled
Old 01-09-2012, 06:04 PM   #34
Stop staring at me swan!

Quote:
it is nothing special, it is not even completely enclosed but we use it to paint the equipment we refurbish, just have to make sure no vehicles are in front of the exhaust fan or they will be speckled
doesn't matter. i bet it will be 100x better than doing it outside in the cold or waiting for it to stop raining.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:06 PM   #35

Quote:
doesn't matter. i bet it will be 100x better than doing it outside in the cold or waiting for it to stop raining.
definitely that
Old 01-09-2012, 06:07 PM   #36

And Like i said everyone. We have a shop that parts can be taken apart in, a parts washer in there and our warehouse can have about 3 vehicles parked in it at one time (as long as we dont have a big stock order in there at that time). So if the weather is bad we can pull them in there.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:10 PM   #37

All right yall, I am off here for the night. I graduate college finally this semester so I am taking 6 classes and they all started online today so I have go to buckle down. If you need to get ahold of me with any questions send me a pm and I will check them in the morning first thing! Have a great night!
Old 01-09-2012, 06:16 PM   #38
Stop staring at me swan!

and i may or may not change my oil, possibly rotate my tires (if tools permit), and check/possibly replace my rear diff oil. jgwheeler i think you were right about me being a premodana
Old 01-09-2012, 07:20 PM   #39
hakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jacob
hakabo's Tacoma Gallery
id be interested in this too. what would i need to bring to do basic maintenance on a 2007? thinking new plugs/ wires, new air filter (easy one i know), and maybe checking swapping all the fluids? i am a tard when it comes to mechanical stuff, so any advice on what to bring ahead of time would be awesome.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:23 PM   #40
hakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jacob
hakabo's Tacoma Gallery
fuck... just realized i have something that morning. odds on this thing running past 2 or 3pm???