Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

The Central Virginian Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-11-2014, 10:54 AM   #3161
MadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
MadMtnMikey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VABOWHUNT View Post
Now this could have changed but Pat's used to have a nice target range out back and for only $5 I think. But it has been a minute since I've needed to go up there. This is the best time to shop though. Best prices. As for shooting I shoot in the back yard but I believe their is a range in the Amellia Wildlife. Also a rifle range (one of my faves when .223 were cheap).
I've heard of a range out in Amelia. Not that convenient though... I live within city limits on southside. When I used to shoot, there was an indoor range about 2 miles from my house, I was a bit spoiled with that. Our family friend that taught me had his backyard setup as well, tree stand and all so it was as realistic as he could make it.

Tell ya what boggles my mind since I've lived here.... This bs of using dogs and high power rifles down here... Grew up in Ohio and it was either bow, musket, or shotgun, and you either had a small group and walked it out, or sat in a stand for countless hours hoping you picked a good spot, haha.... using dogs seems to almost make it too easy.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:14 PM   #3162
VABOWHUNT is on a distinguished road

Name: Richard
VABOWHUNT's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

I do hunt with dogs in the season. Its pretty fun with the right group of guys and dogs. Me and my best friend have ran a club for the last ten years and we have had a blast.He is originally from Wisconsin so we know what you mean. But around here if you can't beat em join em. No point still hunting when other clubs dogs are in the woods. Plus in bow season they seem to be to far for a shot. In muzzleloader season they all seem to disappear. So by dog season I'm ready to drop a 10 pack of dogs and watch them come out like cockroaches.....

Plus in Va deer are over populated. We are on DMAP which is a government
Program to help control the population.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:14 PM   #3163
DavidH is on a distinguished road
DavidH's Tacoma Gallery
Rockwood Park has bow ranges that are free if you are near there. I've been there a few times with my brother. It's off courthouse by hull street.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:01 PM   #3164

True that. I haven't been to that range since I was young. I live within 10 miles or so from there. What kind of targets do they have?
Old 03-11-2014, 04:04 PM   #3165
DavidH is on a distinguished road
DavidH's Tacoma Gallery
Last time I went they had bails that were made of long thin woods shavings.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:23 AM   #3166
MadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I do hunt with dogs in the season. Its pretty fun with the right group of guys and dogs. Me and my best friend have ran a club for the last ten years and we have had a blast.He is originally from Wisconsin so we know what you mean. But around here if you can't beat em join em. No point still hunting when other clubs dogs are in the woods. Plus in bow season they seem to be to far for a shot. In muzzleloader season they all seem to disappear. So by dog season I'm ready to drop a 10 pack of dogs and watch them come out like cockroaches.....

Plus in Va deer are over populated. We are on DMAP which is a government
Program to help control the population.
Haha, I hear ya man... I just found it real odd after I had been here a while and started talking to people. Only thing we used dogs for in Ohio was rabbit and coons.

We'll have to try and do another central get together. BS about hunting and shooting if not our trucks, hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
Rockwood Park has bow ranges that are free if you are near there. I've been there a few times with my brother. It's off courthouse by hull street.
Cool, I'll have to check that out, much closer
Old 03-12-2014, 07:09 AM   #3167

I'm down man. Just let me know when. If not all of central va at least us local to Midlothian, Chesterfield, Richmond. I live right around the Swift Creek Reservoir. I have seen a little group of some Tacoma's a little while ago with some sort of Tacoma Club stickers on their trucks. But I haven't seen them lately.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:46 AM   #3168

Quote:
I'm down man. Just let me know when. If not all of central va at least us local to Midlothian, Chesterfield, Richmond. I live right around the Swift Creek Reservoir. I have seen a little group of some Tacoma's a little while ago with some sort of Tacoma Club stickers on their trucks. But I haven't seen them lately.
Let's see if we can round up some folks when I get back. I leave for hawaii on Sunday, be gone around 2 weeks.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:59 AM   #3169
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in on meeting up.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:30 PM   #3170
Pretty good at drinkin beer!
TaKoToy is a splendid one to beholdTaKoToy is a splendid one to beholdTaKoToy is a splendid one to beholdTaKoToy is a splendid one to beholdTaKoToy is a splendid one to beholdTaKoToy is a splendid one to beholdTaKoToy is a splendid one to behold

Name: Rob
TaKoToy's Tacoma Gallery
Wow this board came alive! Im down for a meet. I may have a place to do a little wheeling down in Sussex. I joined a new hunt club down that way and the club master has a few spots set aside for getting stuck! Im not really into slinging mud anymore but dont mean you guys cant. My trucks more for rock crawlin anyway. PIZZACUTTERS!
Old 03-12-2014, 04:36 PM   #3171
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
No mud slinging for me.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:48 PM   #3172

Let me know when. As for mud slingin, im agreeing with ckeene9. No big muddin yet, unless we are bringing some 4-wheelers!!! Cheaper to work on and not my daily driver!!!
Old 03-13-2014, 04:23 AM   #3174

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaKoToy View Post
Wow this board came alive! Im down for a meet. I may have a place to do a little wheeling down in Sussex. I joined a new hunt club down that way and the club master has a few spots set aside for getting stuck! Im not really into slinging mud anymore but dont mean you guys cant. My trucks more for rock crawlin anyway. PIZZACUTTERS!
Just needs somebody to jump in and stir it up

I'm not much for mud slinging myself, other than on an ATV which I don't own.

So figure a friday night or saturday morning or something, after the 28th, that's when I'm schedule to fly back.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:00 AM   #3175

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
29th or 5th works for me.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:03 AM   #3176
Silveryoda is on a distinguished road
Silveryoda's Tacoma Gallery
I would be up for a meet also.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:53 AM   #3177

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeene9 View Post
29th or 5th works for me.
good deal, we'll do one of those
Old 03-14-2014, 02:52 PM   #3178

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Where do you all want to meet? Wouldn't mind going to that park to shoot the now.
Old 03-14-2014, 05:28 PM   #3179
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Did someone say meat?

Products Discussed in this Thread