Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Alabama Off-road/ Mods/ Meets Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-24-2013, 09:37 AM   #2581
Mr. Midlife Crisis
TacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
TacoAlaMode's Tacoma Gallery
If any of you had a CB worth a damn, a cellphone wouldn't be required. 8 would be a hard pressed, 9 might be possible, 10 I could definately handle.

You guys can go ahead and get started and I can get in touch when I get there.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:49 AM   #2583
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
i dont think its your cb.... cuz if that is the one you got from me i was having no problems talking to folks with it a couple miles away. think it may be that busted ass antenna...

speaking of I need a swr tune on mine BAD!!!! and keef is way too busy to help me out on this one.. we have been trying to get together to do it since i got the new antenna like 2.5 months ago.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:52 AM   #2584
All go, No show
Davtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
Davtopgun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoFMS View Post
i dont think its your cb.... cuz if that is the one you got from me i was having no problems talking to folks with it a couple miles away. think it may be that busted ass antenna...

speaking of I need a swr tune on mine BAD!!!! and keef is way too busy to help me out on this one.. we have been trying to get together to do it since i got the new antenna like 2.5 months ago.

Trying to get him to come to the meet!

I'll pick up a new antenna and cord while I'm out today.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:57 AM   #2585
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
i believe paul is running the same cb and his does great. its all about the antennae and swr!!
Old 04-24-2013, 10:10 AM   #2586
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoFMS View Post
i believe paul is running the same cb and his does great. its all about the antennae and swr!!
Yep, walmart cb radio (cobra 19 or something). I think I paid 30 bucks for it and 30 bucks for an antenna/wiring kit combo. 60 bucks in total. Brian and I were maintaining contact when he was quite a few miles away that last wheeling trip.

Btw guys, go for a longer antenna, you have to make sure you are well above your roof line.

I know most offroad clubs have rules where you can't get entry unless you have a cb.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:12 AM   #2587
Mr. Midlife Crisis
TacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
TacoAlaMode's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running a 5 ft antenna. Paul, I was going up Cecil Ashburn when you told me you could still hear me. I think we did lose connection once we had the mountain between us.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:22 AM   #2588
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
Well, second house fell through... again. Giving up on buying acreage, going to look at cheaper houses on normal lots and get this done with, preferably with lots of garage space.

... Meaning I have sami money again. That one is now discounted to $1000 since the tcase won't shift out of neutral. Quick google makes it appear likely that a shifter bushing has disintegrated and fallen down in it, and it can be fixed with a $20 part without even removing the transfer case.

... So I'm seriously considering. The carb blows though. I want 4 seats, so if I do propane there's nowhere to put the tank. Tracker 1.6L EFI swap will work eventually but I'd need some more $$ and time to track down an engine and parts...

Seriously looking at buying this zuk and putting a harley davidson carb on it. Easy bolton and apparently does great on inclines at the expense of mpg and high RPM performance.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:19 AM   #2589
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspadaro View Post
Well, second house fell through... again. Giving up on buying acreage, going to look at cheaper houses on normal lots and get this done with, preferably with lots of garage space.

... Meaning I have sami money again. That one is now discounted to $1000 since the tcase won't shift out of neutral. Quick google makes it appear likely that a shifter bushing has disintegrated and fallen down in it, and it can be fixed with a $20 part without even removing the transfer case.

... So I'm seriously considering. The carb blows though. I want 4 seats, so if I do propane there's nowhere to put the tank. Tracker 1.6L EFI swap will work eventually but I'd need some more $$ and time to track down an engine and parts...

Seriously looking at buying this zuk and putting a harley davidson carb on it. Easy bolton and apparently does great on inclines at the expense of mpg and high RPM performance.
I wouldn't buy something to wheel in when it hardly ever runs....Trust me, been there done that with my cj5. Glad I got an xj. Yes it was a hair more expensive but I have all the creature comforts while still being able to treat it like a beater rig.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:21 AM   #2590
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawedXJ View Post
I wouldn't buy something to wheel in when it hardly ever runs....Trust me, been there done that with my cj5. Glad I got an xj. Yes it was a hair more expensive but I have all the creature comforts while still being able to treat it like a beater rig.
Who says it hardly ever runs? I didn't mean its any worse than any other sami, it's just a regular carb'd engine like 90% of the them on craigslist.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:01 PM   #2591

Yeah.

No one likes towing people up hills and I know you aren't a fan of mud.... Just keep that in mind.

edit: A guy I know in huntsville is getting rid of his 88.5 sami. its a tad expensive though.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f154/...murai-1513822/
Old 04-24-2013, 12:03 PM   #2592
Ah, well, yeah. I mean, if I buy the thing, it will be with a plan to do something about the carb. The harley carb apparently does great on hills, propane looks really promising aside from tuning it, and bolt-on EFI swaps exist...

I'm thinking it makes more sense to pick one of those than try to axle swap a '90+ that I would have to pay 2-3x as much for.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:20 PM   #2593
Whoops, I crossed threads with my sami talk by accident. Oh well, same stuff.

I looked around a bunch more, and I'm not seeing very many non-carb'd. I'm starting to think that this one is worth it... I mean a thousand bucks, the axles alone + parts to bolt them up are $1500-$2000. Engine swaps for these things don't look that hard or expensive, or propane looks really good and totally eliminates the problem with barely any modification aside from a new carb and fuel tank delete.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:22 PM   #2594
My turn.

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
well quit flapping your gums and buy the damn thing already!!!

pussy!
Old 04-24-2013, 12:23 PM   #2595
Well paul's making me second-guess myself damnit.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:24 PM   #2596
My turn.

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
that is why i added the second part. be a man grow some balls and give into peer pressure. or are you a chicken?????
Old 04-24-2013, 12:26 PM   #2597
I am a chicken about spending money on shit i'll regret. Says you, because you're a. Um. You're a big dumb dumb and I'll have a way better insult later.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:28 PM   #2598
My turn.

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
hell what do i care.... aint my monies. so i dont have to worry about sleeping in the doghouse. plus i mean to a baller like you what's a grand????? you prob spent that on your last dinner date with the mrs. just go empty out your lint trap in your dryer (or ask one of your servants to do it, ya rich bitch!) and buy the sami with part of the money that is found.....
Old 04-24-2013, 12:31 PM   #2599
If I use one of my thousand dollar bills on this samurai, I won't have enough to wipe my ass with!
Old 04-24-2013, 12:35 PM   #2600
My turn.

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
exactly, which is why you need to talk the guy down a little, he is hurtin for the sell now that he has dropped 33% off the price cuz his xfer case wont shift. tell him the tow will cost ya a couple hundred and then wave 16 fifties in front of him (you rem what those are dont you??? its what you clean your nose with.) and he will jump. dont deal in hundreds, wont make as big of a stack and tempt him like fifties, and 20's would take too many and his subconscious would register a flag to the deal and make him second guess. or just let me know and ill come up there and hold your hand during the ordeal...

Products Discussed in this Thread