Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Alabama Off-road/ Mods/ Meets Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-29-2013, 07:44 AM   #2641
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davtopgun View Post
Pretty cool. Got a pic without the tire on it?
I don't, but here is the back of it when its folded down. Its just some scrap flat we had lying around with wheels studs welded in.

Old 04-29-2013, 12:42 PM   #2643
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
What're the chances I could haul this thing? It's still there.

http://greenville.craigslist.org/cto/3746909694.html
Old 04-29-2013, 12:48 PM   #2645
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I'm trying to ballpark the weight. A stock sami is about 2 grand, you throw on 500lb dana 44's and armor, figure it's somewhere in the vicinity of 3200?
Old 04-29-2013, 12:52 PM   #2647
Yeah, not a bad idea. thanks Dave.

... Because the apartment complex is gonna LOVE having a fourth car of mine in the lot, and one that looks like that at at that.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:00 PM   #2649
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

id think once loaded down you are looking closer to 3500. Don't forget, tires will add another 300 ish. and then around 1500 for a trailer good enough to tow.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:02 PM   #2650
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawedXJ View Post
id think once loaded down you are looking closer to 3500. Don't forget, tires will add another 300 ish. and then around 1500 for a trailer good enough to tow.
Really probably more like 2 g's for a tandem-axle... Point taken. I wouldn't want to do 5500 regularly for any distance even if I had a v6.

Maybe I'll go talk to this guy:
http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/3686823510.html
Old 04-29-2013, 01:04 PM   #2651

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspadaro View Post
Really probably more like 2 g's for a tandem-axle... Point taken. I wouldn't want to do 5500 regularly for any distance even if I had a v6.

Maybe I'll go talk to this guy:
http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/3686823510.html
yeah. it was taxing on my v6 with the cj. Given I still pulled it with my 33's on there. an old cj5 is about the same size as a zuke.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:15 PM   #2652
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
not to mention noone around here had to pull anything like the daily commute you see jim. i would think it might get a bit tricky on 40 and 75 through those hills and curves. but just my .02

edit... i guess you dont see as much of 40 as i was thinking, forgot how far outside knoxville i have to come just to get to your town.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:16 PM   #2653
Yeah, I really want one with 33-35's and toyota axles, should weigh in at more like 2500, 2800 tops. I'll keep looking, thanks for the reality check guys.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:17 PM   #2654

Quote:
Yeah, I really want one with 33-35's and toyota axles, should weigh in at more like 2500, 2800 tops. I'll keep looking, thanks for the reality check guys.
but for a few hundred lbs more......
Old 04-29-2013, 01:19 PM   #2655
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawedXJ View Post
but for a few hundred lbs more......
Hah, the fictional sami I described (pretty much that one in nashville is what I want) can surely do the moderate trails at windrock, easily keep up with y'all in alabama, and be a lot of fun.

Probably some day in the future when the taco is old and sad, I'll trade it in on an f-150 and go get some big crawler, but I have a lot of easier driving to get good at before then. I'm not there yet by a long shot.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:22 PM   #2657

Quote:
Hah, the fictional sami I described (pretty much that one in nashville is what I want) can surely do the moderate trails at windrock, easily keep up with y'all in alabama, and be a lot of fun.

Probably some day in the future when the taco is old and sad, I'll trade it in on an f-150 and go get some big crawler, but I have a lot of easier driving to get good at before then. I'm not there yet by a long shot.
Rock bouncing is quite fun though!
Old 04-29-2013, 01:23 PM   #2658
Quote:
I think the problem is that you want a 4x4 truck w/big tires, and you're truck isn't really suited for towing what you want to buy.

You're likely going to be stuck buying a smaller off road rig with smaller tires, an off road rig that is road capable, or a bigger truck.
Not true, I'd actually like a side-by-side, those looked fun as crap and if I did manage to break down on the trail, I could definitely get back off.

I was riding in two 4x4 trucks with big tires, they broke down, and one of them was there until 5am because he couldn't get out. I want something small.

Too bad sxs's are so damn expensive, or i'd just buy one of those.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:29 PM   #2659
All go, No show
Davtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
Davtopgun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not true, I'd actually like a side-by-side, those looked fun as crap and if I did manage to break down on the trail, I could definitely get back off.

I was riding in two 4x4 trucks with big tires, they broke down, and one of them was there until 5am because he couldn't get out. I want something small.

Too bad sxs's are so damn expensive, or i'd just buy one of those.
I agree in the side by sides, they are awesome but the price reflects it.

I was referring to this post. VVV

Quote:

You could always pick up an Argo.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:31 PM   #2660
Quote:
I agree in the side by sides, they are awesome but the price reflects it.

I was referring to this post. VVV

You could always pick up an Argo.
Hah, I must have missed something. Man, a sami with 33's or 35's will go plenty of places, especially if I don't have to be so antsy about breaking it like I am with the taco. You guys have seen me, I'm like a little girl - kyle had to hold my hand and do all that spooning last time.

Products Discussed in this Thread