Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Alabama Off-road/ Mods/ Meets Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-09-2013, 07:30 AM   #2861
mmmmmmbourbon.
xodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xodeuce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspadaro View Post
Does yours have the ride height adjust thing?
Nope. If it did I'd be biding my time until it broke, and have some money set aside for a full OME setup.

It's nice up until it breaks though, basically free lift. It's stupid expensive to fix with factory parts, mostly because of the labor and the pump, from what I hear. However, doing it with all OME stuff isn't any worse than a 4runner or Tacoma lift.

I will say, the factory suspension rides so nice off road I'm almost hesitant to do the OME stuff. I want it to ride just like it is, just sit like 2-3" higher.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:49 AM   #2862
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xodeuce View Post
Nope. If it did I'd be biding my time until it broke, and have some money set aside for a full OME setup.

It's nice up until it breaks though, basically free lift. It's stupid expensive to fix with factory parts, mostly because of the labor and the pump, from what I hear. However, doing it with all OME stuff isn't any worse than a 4runner or Tacoma lift.

I will say, the factory suspension rides so nice off road I'm almost hesitant to do the OME stuff. I want it to ride just like it is, just sit like 2-3" higher.
so you are saying you want to do a body lift.

I expected better of you keith. Truly ashamed.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:19 AM   #2863
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawedXJ View Post

im confused..... are you paul? cuz you dont have a frame???
Old 05-10-2013, 06:23 AM   #2864
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoFMS View Post
im confused..... are you paul? cuz you dont have a frame???
doesn't matter, wouldn't do a body lift anyways!
Old 05-10-2013, 06:25 AM   #2865
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
you could still BL the hyundai!!!!
Old 05-10-2013, 06:28 AM   #2866

Quote:
you could still BL the hyundai!!!!
ha, i'm not sure it has a frame or unibody. I can hear everything flexing when I pull in the driveway.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:29 AM   #2867
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
Sunuvabitch. So, I'm a god among men, and I know you guys feel like you're in my shadow all the time.

Just to illustrate how human I am... the miata MAF is fine. Some dumbass forgot to plug it in after reinstalling it.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:29 AM   #2868
My turn.

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
hmmmm, that is just cuz of the mad flexing skill of it though.....
Old 05-10-2013, 06:31 AM   #2869
My turn.

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sunuvabitch. So, I'm a god among men, and I know you guys feel like you're in my shadow all the time.

Just to illustrate how human I am... the miata MAF is fine. Some dumbass forgot to plug it in after reinstalling it.
honestly jim... i cant say this surprises me... you have been chasing your own tail ever since the word samuri got introduced into your vocabulary. you may want to go to the bathroom sometime today and check to make sure you remembered to put on YOUR underwear and not your wifes again.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:35 AM   #2870
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
honestly jim... i cant say this surprises me... you have been chasing your own tail ever since the word samuri got introduced into your vocabulary. you may want to go to the bathroom sometime today and check to make sure you remembered to put on YOUR underwear and not your wifes again.
I didn't say I forgot. It was my mechanic, and that bastard is fucking fired. He doesn't even have a garage, he does all the work in my apartment parking lot! What a dick and a half. Ordering parts I don't need.

Trying to get it all tuned up before autocross school next weekend, and it looks like I'm better off just leaving it alone with all of its faults.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:16 AM   #2871
mmmmmmbourbon.
xodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xodeuce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawedXJ View Post

Hah, I guess FUNCTIONALLY that's what I want. I'd never do it. Well... I say that. I'd do the 1/2" one necessary to clear 35's if I ever went 35's.

I'm gonna do the OME springs / torsion bars at some point, just going to do the softer spring rates, and probably do some other type of shock.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:09 AM   #2872

Quote:
I didn't say I forgot. It was my mechanic, and that bastard is fucking fired. He doesn't even have a garage, he does all the work in my apartment parking lot! What a dick and a half. Ordering parts I don't need.

Trying to get it all tuned up before autocross school next weekend, and it looks like I'm better off just leaving it alone with all of its faults.
you hire a mechanic to do your work?
Old 05-10-2013, 09:12 AM   #2873
I was completely kidding, I would not pay somebody to clean my MAF sensor, although maybe in this case it would have saved me 45 bucks.

Although, Paul, for a bright guy... What kind of mechanics do you hire that come to your house?!

Quote:

Old 05-10-2013, 09:38 AM   #2874
My turn.

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
so i am the only one that can detect your sarcasm and BS from afar jim????
Old 05-10-2013, 11:48 AM   #2875

Quote:
so i am the only one that can detect your sarcasm and BS from afar jim????
apparently neither of you can detect esarcasm.....cause my response was definitely serious....
Old 05-10-2013, 11:53 AM   #2876
Old 05-10-2013, 11:54 AM   #2877

if you take people on the internet seriously,

you're gonna have a bad time.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:14 PM   #2878
Mr. Midlife Crisis
TacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
TacoAlaMode's Tacoma Gallery
MAN BEAR PIG
Old 05-10-2013, 12:15 PM   #2879
Ring ring... Stan, this is Al Gore.

oh, god, what time is it?! Hi, Mr. Gore.

Stan, I used to be vice president.

I know, mr gore...

Products Discussed in this Thread