Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Alabama Off-road/ Mods/ Meets Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-16-2013, 01:56 PM   #2921
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
im still scratching my head as to what actually makes that a LT truck??? i can see it being a mid travel setup but dont see how that is an LT?

also i would have to say the short rebuild intervals on true LT suspensions as well as the cost incurred to rebuild them. I know icons say a 2 year rebuild time but ive heard some of the kings and camburg stuff calling for 6 month rebuilds or possible rebuilds after each trek offroad.??? who knows. never caught my interest much to research it.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:07 PM   #2922
All go, No show
Davtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
Davtopgun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoFMS View Post
im still scratching my head as to what actually makes that a LT truck??? i can see it being a mid travel setup but dont see how that is an LT?

also i would have to say the short rebuild intervals on true LT suspensions as well as the cost incurred to rebuild them. I know icons say a 2 year rebuild time but ive heard some of the kings and camburg stuff calling for 6 month rebuilds or possible rebuilds after each trek offroad.??? who knows. never caught my interest much to research it.

I think you clicked the wrong link. Scroll up a bit more to the first link. The truck has an All-Pro LT kit and Fox CO's.

I would assume that those rebuild times are do to the truck jumping thing, which Mat wouldn't be doing. They would still have to be rebuilt, but not near as often.

I see your point though.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:03 PM   #2923
mmmmmmbourbon.
xodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xodeuce's Tacoma Gallery
I'd be more worried about the abuse the truck has seen. Buying a LT truck from someone is like buying a turbocharged honda or something. Yeah, it may have been built right, and yeah it may have been maintained well, but yeah it's probably also had the absolute dog piss driven out of it.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:29 PM   #2925
mac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud of

Name: Mathew
mac424205's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspadaro View Post
You should buy mine.
I would, but I need a DCSB
Old 05-16-2013, 04:41 PM   #2927
mac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud of

Oh and I'm not getting the one with LT!!!
Old 05-16-2013, 04:42 PM   #2928

You shoulda texted me. I would have gone if I was off! Maybe this Sunday we can hit it up
Old 05-16-2013, 05:09 PM   #2931
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davtopgun View Post
I think you clicked the wrong link. Scroll up a bit more to the first link. The truck has an All-Pro LT kit and Fox CO's.

I would assume that those rebuild times are do to the truck jumping thing, which Mat wouldn't be doing. They would still have to be rebuilt, but not near as often.

I see your point though.
if that is all pro's "LT" kit then jo has long travel on his second gen as well. i was under the impression that for a true LT you need a good bit of gusseting done to several components, longer cv shafts for more driveline movement, a spring cage both front and rear along with relocation of both shocks, and a SUA conversion to the rear, as well as a few other things. looks like from the link i saw that had uniball uppers and lowers with fox piggy back shocks in the rear and RR's in the front. but hey who knows maybe im completely wrong... just seemed that the setup he had is pretty well the same setups the guys in the mid travel thread talk about having.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:12 PM   #2932
All go, No show
Davtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
if that is all pro's "LT" kit then jo has long travel on his second gen as well. i was under the impression that for a true LT you need a good bit of gusseting done to several components, longer cv shafts for more driveline movement, a spring cage both front and rear along with relocation of both shocks, and a SUA conversion to the rear, as well as a few other things. looks like from the link i saw that had uniball uppers and lowers with fox piggy back shocks in the rear and RR's in the front. but hey who knows maybe im completely wrong... just seemed that the setup he had is pretty well the same setups the guys in the mid travel thread talk about having.

Are you looking at the right truck? This truck has everything you just explained.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post6891504
Old 05-16-2013, 05:18 PM   #2933
My turn.

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
umm from what i see it isnt gusseted anywhere, has an allpro exp leaf set(which means SOA setup), standard length cv's, no straps, no jounces, and no cages for extended length shocks nor relocated mounts. maybe im missing something you are seeing??? dont get me wrong still a nice truck just not what i think of when someone says LT
Old 05-16-2013, 05:34 PM   #2934
All go, No show

Quote:
umm from what i see it isnt gusseted anywhere, has an allpro exp leaf set(which means SOA setup), standard length cv's, no straps, no jounces, and no cages for extended length shocks nor relocated mounts. maybe im missing something you are seeing??? dont get me wrong still a nice truck just not what i think of when someone says LT

Look at the very first picture in the ad. See how much further the front sticks out vs the rear? It has extended UCA's and LCA's as well as extended steering arms, and extended CV's.

It don't have to be gausseted, nor does it have to have shocks through the bed to a bed rack, or spring under axle to be LT.

There are different levels of LT, just like different levels of any lift. It has a full LT front end, tiberium bumps, leaf pack and Fox resi's in the rear.

It's a little better then a basic LT, but it's still LT.

I think you've spent to much time looking at Jberry's truck.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:39 PM   #2935

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davtopgun View Post
It was a spur of the moment thing. Not sure if I'm working this Saturday or not, but will definitely let you know if I'm not. I plan to hit some trails this weekend if I can.
I can't Saturday because I have a charity carwash for the American Diabetes Association I can definitely do it on Sunday. Kerri wants to go out there also.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:35 PM   #2936
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
you really need to get a different hobby. fantasizing about purchasing different vehicles isnt working for you.
Haha. i may actually end up trading it. The dealers are giving me offers very close to my asking price, the fact that it annihilates sales tax on the trade is pretty gravy. We'll see

Going to have to put cats back on to trade though.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:36 PM   #2937
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by xodeuce View Post
I'd be more worried about the abuse the truck has seen. Buying a LT truck from someone is like buying a turbocharged honda or something. Yeah, it may have been built right, and yeah it may have been maintained well, but yeah it's probably also had the absolute dog piss driven out of it.
This. Especially having been a truck in the desert, you bet it's gotten plenty of air in its day.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:38 PM   #2938
Man i like that truck's LT for use out here. It seems set up all wrong for California though - plate bumper, lockers, 4wd? i didn't think any of that was much use in the sand.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:03 PM   #2939
All go, No show

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac424205 View Post
I can't Saturday because I have a charity carwash for the American Diabetes Association I can definitely do it on Sunday. Kerri wants to go out there also.
Sunday works better for me anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspadaro View Post
Man i like that truck's LT for use out here. It seems set up all wrong for California though - plate bumper, lockers, 4wd? i didn't think any of that was much use in the sand.
I was born and raised in Cali. Spent a lot of time in the desert. The lockers and 4WD are useful in certain types of sand. Plate bumper is pretty much useless, unless he's rock crawling.

Products Discussed in this Thread