Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Alabama Off-road/ Mods/ Meets Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-14-2013, 06:31 AM   #3541
mmmmmmbourbon.
xodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xodeuce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspadaro View Post
FTFY
lol, dude, just saw this. well played.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:46 PM   #3542
Roll Tide!
travis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
travis9287's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to travis9287
Here is a pic of sliders and doors that 01Tac0ma built for me! He does great work! everyone consider him for you fab work!
Old 09-15-2013, 06:38 PM   #3544
GATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Alex
Location: B'ham, AL. Can be found in good ole Cherry Point, NC
GATORTACO92's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davtopgun View Post
Do we have 4WD yet Travis?
does our truck run like it should?? MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA . seriousy does it?
Old 09-16-2013, 05:29 AM   #3546
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoAlaMode View Post
I don't know, his taco rode like shit too! Bump steering, needed new upper control arms.
I never had bump steering, and installed UCA's after you drove it that one time. I also had more lift and less weight on the front end. Definitely bouncy. Try driving kyles truck and tell me mine rode like shit haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoFMS View Post
I'm starting to sense a theme......
Just sayin.
You on this train now too? See if I help you with your fab designs again haha. We would have been calling you Mr. Fab Failure Fairy from trying to tie in a couple hundo to the bed rails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xodeuce View Post
Gotcha. All of your bullet points make sense 100% as far as the argument against weights. The bead thing I still don't understand, but I'll chalk that up to not fully understanding all of the forces at play. I'd think if there was a low spot in the tire, they'd settle there, and not necessarily settle at the opposite spot to balance it out. One of those things where someone needs to do a cutaway with a clear sidewall to demonstrate at speed. That'd be pretty trick.

The other thing, mine have really lightweight beads in them, I can't imagine it amounts to much more than a few oz. With some offroad tires in the 37 and up range taking nearly (or sometimes over) a lb to balance, I don't understand how it's enough weight either.
Only a few beads would fill out voids and the rest would roll right over (in theory). With 37's you'd probably need to run about 7-8 oz to counteract tire balancing. However you are running probably the shartiest tires known to man when in comes to balancing, and you have them on beadlocks. I bet if you put about 4-5 ounces in some new 35" kevlars you would be blown away by the smoothness.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:07 AM   #3547
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawedXJ View Post
You on this train now too? See if I help you with your fab designs again haha. We would have been calling you Mr. Fab Failure Fairy from trying to tie in a couple hundo to the bed rails.
no train here.... just noticing the theme of folks piling on! geez touchy!!!! hahaha. and may still being looking at the possibility of what we talked about. not sure why it wouldnt work you see the same overall design used all over the site and works quite well?????
Old 09-16-2013, 06:08 AM   #3548
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
Who is talking about running train now? Y'all are weird. Speaking of which, what happened to Kyle?
Old 09-16-2013, 06:11 AM   #3549
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
folks werent paying as much attention to him anymore so i think he went to the heep forums to flirt???
Old 09-16-2013, 08:23 AM   #3550
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
no train here.... just noticing the theme of folks piling on! geez touchy!!!! hahaha. and may still being looking at the possibility of what we talked about. not sure why it wouldnt work you see the same overall design used all over the site and works quite well?????
They tie into the bed as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspadaro View Post
Who is talking about running train now? Y'all are weird. Speaking of which, what happened to Kyle?
Quote:
folks werent paying as much attention to him anymore so i think he went to the heep forums to flirt???
Kyles pretty much gone MIA from the internet as a whole. I haven't seen him post on any forum in months. Shit, aside from the first trip to stoney, i haven't really even talked to him. I'm not really sure what's up.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:33 AM   #3551
mmmmmmbourbon.
xodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xodeuce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawedXJ View Post
You are running probably the shartiest tires known to man.
That's about the extent of the issue, right there.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:38 AM   #3552
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
If anyone outside of Alabama came in here and read this thread they would think we all hated each other! Hahaha.

So question, with the 285/75R16 tires, do you all think I can run 4 inch back spacing and get it to work? I want to get my wheels bad, but I want to be sure I get what I need.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:47 AM   #3553
My turn.

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
i think you "might" "get by" with 4" BS but I believe you would only be setting yourself up for the future and avoiding headaches if you went with 3.75 BS like everyone keeps recommending for you.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:52 AM   #3554
GATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davtopgun View Post
It does, but is our truck paid for?
Truck yes.... Auto loan no... Muahahaha see what I did there!?
Old 09-16-2013, 09:59 AM   #3555
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
i think you "might" "get by" with 4" BS but I believe you would only be setting yourself up for the future and avoiding headaches if you went with 3.75 BS like everyone keeps recommending for you.
I may have missed a few posts along the way. I have been trying to keep up with it all. I remember someone saying 3.75 would be better, it is just hard to find them at a good price. Maybe I am just looking in all the wrong places. It sucks when you look at 4" BS for $60 per rim, then the 3.75" are at $80 each. That comes out to $100 more for a set of 5. Yeah, maybe splitting hairs here, but hey, $100 is a hi-lift and brackets. (that is how I look at it anyway) Still searching though! Thanks!
Old 09-16-2013, 10:09 AM   #3556

Marines:
So buy 4 put your tires one.... Then get the fifth one later....
Old 09-16-2013, 10:27 AM   #3557
My turn.

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
I may have missed a few posts along the way. I have been trying to keep up with it all. I remember someone saying 3.75 would be better, it is just hard to find them at a good price. Maybe I am just looking in all the wrong places. It sucks when you look at 4" BS for $60 per rim, then the 3.75" are at $80 each. That comes out to $100 more for a set of 5. Yeah, maybe splitting hairs here, but hey, $100 is a hi-lift and brackets. (that is how I look at it anyway) Still searching though! Thanks!
yeah but if you are going to split hairs over a +- $100 on a set of 5 wheels just so that you can get the wheels right now then you are taking your approach different than what most would advise. I just say that bc imo you spend a little extra now and it saves you a LOT later. if that means you cant get things as fast as you want maybe its time to reevaluate either desired rate of travel or path chosen??? also if you are only looking at a $20 diff per wheel do like alex suggested and just get 4 right now and buy the fifth later. it will come out to the same out of pocket to get you on the road.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:38 PM   #3558

Marines:
i knew i give good advice sometimes...haha, also i have a bull bar thingy for sale...or trade. i don't want it cause i don't like it...you even get the lights for free. yes the lights work, i don't have pics with them on because the wires have been cut.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:45 PM   #3559
ASE Master Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by GATORTACO92 View Post
So buy 4 put your tires one.... Then get the fifth one later....
Quote:
yeah but if you are going to split hairs over a +- $100 on a set of 5 wheels just so that you can get the wheels right now then you are taking your approach different than what most would advise. I just say that bc imo you spend a little extra now and it saves you a LOT later. if that means you cant get things as fast as you want maybe its time to reevaluate either desired rate of travel or path chosen??? also if you are only looking at a $20 diff per wheel do like alex suggested and just get 4 right now and buy the fifth later. it will come out to the same out of pocket to get you on the road.
I guess I am not getting out what I am trying to explain. It's not that I am saying I won't get the 3.75 if they are $100 more for a set of 5, what I am saying is that I am going to do a little more research on trying to find a set that are the same price. I really don't remember why, but for some reason I had originally thought that the 4 inch BS was what I wanted, so for 2 weeks I was only looking at those. Now that I realize the 3.75 is what everyone suggests is best, I will spend some time looking for those and trying to find the best deal. I have tires on the truck now, so I see no reason to either 1: get 4 now and a 5th later, or 2: get the first set of 3.75 that I saw. I'm sorry if I was confusing in what I was saying. I do appreciate all input!
Old 09-16-2013, 06:26 PM   #3560
Alapai1 is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: Helo Flight Mech
Name: Kory
Alapai1's Tacoma Gallery

Hey everyone. Im a newbie to the forum and im just trying to get to know more taco owners in the area. not many in the south. Im hoping some of you know some good trials to offroad on. ive been mudding a few times since i got my Tacoma. its fun but not my cup of tea

Attached Thumbnails
Alabama Off-road/ Mods/ Meets Thread-img_6012.jpg  

Products Discussed in this Thread