Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Alabama Off-road/ Mods/ Meets Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-27-2012, 05:51 AM   #1621
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
he doesnt love you anymore paul....... i believe he may have stopped loving you when you left him down in auburn...... alone.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:43 AM   #1622
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoAlaMode View Post
I would like to, but I have to convince my 12 year old that it is something she wants to go do. 3 hrs there, 3 hrs back, I think it will be a hard sell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac424205 View Post
just tell her you will buy her something. always works with my 5 year old!!!! lol.
I was just thinking the same thing. Bribery gets you ANYWHERE when it comes to kids. What I used to do to convince my youngest daughter to come was that I promised if we found a safe area, I would let her drive some. THAT should get any kid to want to come along!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davtopgun View Post
It should be ready in time, will be heading down there every chance I get this week to work on the details. I'm really to much of a control freak to ride with someone lol
I'm a control freak as well, but you didn't hear me complain about letting you drive while I rode!....of course I have gone on a few rides as passenger which I didn't mind as much since I was the club photographer as well as the club spotter when we went rock crawling.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:46 AM   #1623
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoFMS View Post
he doesnt love you anymore paul....... i believe he may have stopped loving you when you left him down in auburn...... alone.
Tear shed.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:36 AM   #1624
Roll Tide!
travis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
travis9287's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to travis9287
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawedXJ View Post
He exists? I haven't talked to him in a dogs age.
Haha. i Thought the same thing. Sunday was the first time i had seen him since the Central Meet/hydro locking party. hahaha.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:43 AM   #1625
SuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
SuthrnTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Due to mandatory not so but should have been preventative maintenance.. I am about to drop $1600 into my truck... The front hub bearings are destroyed in my truck beyond all reason! And well since this is my second u-joint in my factory axle to go out and about to be my second center carrier bearing to go out i am gonna try to get a one piece driveshaft made. if I replaced with factory it would cost me $1200 alone plus tax! So my truck won't be driving so horribly anymore! The dealership was wondering how the hell my wheels were even spinning!
Old 11-27-2012, 06:53 PM   #1626
Mr. Midlife Crisis
TacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
TacoAlaMode's Tacoma Gallery
Dang. That sucks.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:46 PM   #1627
GATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Alex
Location: B'ham, AL. Can be found in good ole Cherry Point, NC
GATORTACO92's Tacoma Gallery
jo ill come.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:04 PM   #1628
All go, No show
Davtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
Davtopgun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuthrnTaco07 View Post
Due to mandatory not so but should have been preventative maintenance.. I am about to drop $1600 into my truck... The front hub bearings are destroyed in my truck beyond all reason! And well since this is my second u-joint in my factory axle to go out and about to be my second center carrier bearing to go out i am gonna try to get a one piece driveshaft made. if I replaced with factory it would cost me $1200 alone plus tax! So my truck won't be driving so horribly anymore! The dealership was wondering how the hell my wheels were even spinning!
There is a guy in bham that extends drive shafts for a great price. Or at least it was when I had him do the front and rear on my 85 k5 years ago. I was going to have my rear drive shaft cut and extended so no cb would required before I got rid of the truck.

I'll have to see if I still have his business card.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:50 AM   #1629
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Too bad you aren't closer. I bet I could easily half that repair cost for front hub bearings and then some.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:26 AM   #1630
SuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
Too bad you aren't closer. I bet I could easily half that repair cost for front hub bearings and then some.

I know! I wish I was closer! I would have brought it to you in a heart beat!
Old 11-28-2012, 10:06 AM   #1631
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I know! I wish I was closer! I would have brought it to you in a heart beat!
Kyle, have you paid them to do it already? We could probably do it ourselves.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:31 PM   #1632

Quote:
Kyle, have you paid them to do it already? We could probably do it ourselves.
Yeah they had it done this morning.. Those things have to be pressed in and it was causing my rotors to sit crooked that's why I was having a breaking issue.. Now my truck is at Rocket City because I didn't notice how bad it was but one of my yoke's in the center was shattered! Not just the U-joint and the guy doesn't understand how I even got it to him but they are only gonna charge me about $350 and use the good parts on my factory axle to build a solid axle. Also he pointed out one of the possible root causes of it going out so quickly is cause the guy I had replace my center carrier bearing a LONG time ago didn't clock my yoke in the right position so it was slightly off enough to wear it out quicker. But It should be driving almost perfect by Friday! WOOT! I hate that I have to spend so much damn money though!
Old 11-28-2012, 05:09 PM   #1633
All go, No show
Davtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
Davtopgun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah they had it done this morning.. Those things have to be pressed in and it was causing my rotors to sit crooked that's why I was having a breaking issue.. Now my truck is at Rocket City because I didn't notice how bad it was but one of my yoke's in the center was shattered! Not just the U-joint and the guy doesn't understand how I even got it to him but they are only gonna charge me about $350 and use the good parts on my factory axle to build a solid axle. Also he pointed out one of the possible root causes of it going out so quickly is cause the guy I had replace my center carrier bearing a LONG time ago didn't clock my yoke in the right position so it was slightly off enough to wear it out quicker. But It should be driving almost perfect by Friday! WOOT! I hate that I have to spend so much damn money though!
Does that mean you'll be coming down for the Skyway ride on sunday?
Old 11-28-2012, 06:17 PM   #1634
ROLL TIDE
Jo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud of

Name: Jo Dog
Jo Dog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GATORTACO92 View Post
jo ill come.
will be looking for ya
Old 11-28-2012, 06:19 PM   #1635
ROLL TIDE
Jo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud of

Name: Jo Dog
Jo Dog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Dog View Post
Skyway ride
Sunday Dec 2
10 am
1224 Talladega hwy 21 Sylacauga Al.
Piggly wiggly parking lot

We will then go north on hwy 21 to Cheaha and ride skyway motorway back to Sylacauga

If anyone wants to go add your name or pm me or Travis9287
so no one gets left out

Going
Jo dog and a few friends
Travis
Aaron
gotor
Tfms maybe
Mac. Maybe
Dave maybe
Tacoalamode maybe

for the new page
Old 11-29-2012, 05:20 AM   #1636

After this winter (so approx february march) I plan on having fixed my steering set up and have full armor. Who's going to come play on the rocks with me?
Old 11-29-2012, 10:55 AM   #1637

Quote:
After this winter (so approx february march) I plan on having fixed my steering set up and have full armor. Who's going to come play on the rocks with me?
I'll play!! LOL! BTW.. I just ran into blue from jeep forum in the hallway.. LOL! we both did a double take! lol!
Old 11-29-2012, 01:41 PM   #1638
travhale is on a distinguished road
Name: Travis
travhale's Tacoma Gallery
What are the skyline trails like?
Old 11-29-2012, 03:08 PM   #1639
mmmmmmbourbon.
xodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xodeuce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by travhale View Post
What are the skyline trails like?
Skyway Motorway? Pretty tame. Shouldn't be a problem. You could probably do most of it in 2wd.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:44 PM   #1640
dtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dtmccray's Tacoma Gallery
Hey I have some 01 tacoma trd parts in the 1st gen for sale section if anyone needs some cheap parts.

Products Discussed in this Thread