Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Stolen '92 Red 4-Runner near Ocala/Lady Lake, FL

Old 04-27-2012, 12:04 PM   #1
TacomaBear02 is on a distinguished road

TacomaBear02's Tacoma Gallery
Stolen '92 Red 4-Runner near Ocala/Lady Lake, FL

Hey everybody - I know this is a long shot, but I figured, what the hell, might as well throw this out there and maybe someone might stumble across something helpful. Sorry if this is the wrong section, but I wasn't sure what other section it might go in, if any, so I figured Regional would be best.

I'm the owner of a 1992 Toyota 4-Runner, which I purchased outright from a dealer in Orlando back in feb of 2009. It ran just fine, but needed a little work. nothing major. Long story short, my former room mate ditched town in it a few months lather and I haven't been able to find him or the truck since. Orlando Police and the DMV have been completely useless in this, as they claim it is a domestic issue (because I lived with the guy who stole my truck...???) and my only recourse would be to sue him or get a repo service to find it, both options require having to know where he and the truck are located, obviously.

I listed it with a repo agent in October of 2009, but even she couldn't locate it. She found out where he was working, but couldn't get a residence address on him, and we never spotted the truck in the parking lot of his work, or him working there. At the time that was in Lady Lake FL. I've since learned that he is living somewhere between Lady Lake, Ocala and Fruitland Park, and suspicion tells me he still has my truck, but locating him has been impossible. I don't know anyone who knows him, and even if I did, they probably wouldn't tell me.

My other suspicion is that he's sold it for parts by now, but the FL DMV has no record of anyone even inquiring about the title. It is still in my name. If it had been abandoned somewhere, I'd imagine FL or somebody would have tried contacting me about it.

Curious enough, a google search on the VIN pulled up an Acura dealer in Ocala, but when I called them, they had no record of the VIN, so I don't know why google would have associated the two.

I don't know what other avenue to take on it. Technically some would question why I even still care at this point. Simple answer is, principle of the matter. It's my truck. I could use it, I could sell it, I could clean it up and keep it as a spare vehicle. I could do a number of things with it. Simply put, it belongs to me and if there's a way to get it back, I want it back.

As for a description:

It's a Red/Maroon color, Automatic everything, SR5 4WD,

no body damage (last I saw it at least) not even any rust. There was one small spot above the back driver's side wheel well that looked like it had been sanded down - about the size of a baseball.

There's a chrome grill guard on the front - the short one, not the wide wrap-around style, it's directly infront of the grill, and a roof rack. Chrome bumpers. Both may have been removed by now to maybe disguise it, cause he knows I was looking for it.

VIN: JT3VN39W3N0085573

Like I said at the start, I know this is a long shot. I should have posted this here 3 years ago when I was trying to find it, but it just recently occurred to me to try. But, maybe you see a 4-runner fitting it's description in a driveway on your way to work every day. Maybe you know of someone who knows something. Who knows. If anyone has another idea of another avenue I might try in attempts of locating it, please get in touch. If you happen to find it, definitely get in touch - I will find some way of compensating you for your efforts. You might even get a 4-runner out of the deal.

I appreciate your time.

~Shane