Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Anyone know of a good truck shop in Fort Lauderdale, FL??

Old 02-02-2009, 05:37 PM   #21
Ry1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Machinery Technician
Ry1984's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougmays View Post
hmmm...seeing that pic is kind of scary sounds fun though. what are the details? is it a one day thing? what day? we could all meet in davie on friday at that meet and then whoever wants to go offroading can make plans.

you sure my stock SR5 with 4x4 will be cool? RY1984 what do you think?
lol im looking at that pic and thinking if i want to take my daily driver through that...but if theres bypasses then what the hell you know. im game if you are
Old 02-03-2009, 12:25 PM   #22
dougmays is just really nicedougmays is just really nicedougmays is just really nicedougmays is just really nice
Name: Doug
dougmays's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dougmays
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwalton View Post
hello south floridians. nice to see some more of you out there.

I have had some luck with 4wheelparts in palm beach. as for anything with stereos, alarms, or anything electronic send me a pm. i've been a professional installer for almost 17 years.

as for the wheeling there is a good ride coming up this weekend in palm beach at a place called Corbett. it's a pretty cool place with soft sugar sand and a few good mud holes. this is the perfect time of year to go since it's dry out there. the summer months are the worst; pretty much driving through 2-3 feet of water the whole way. stock suspension guys will be fine as there are bypasses around everything deep. let me know if anyone wants to go.

here's a pic of me getting stuck good the first time i went out there.
it won't be this bad this weekend.
Sounds fun, i should be down! Kwalton...can you give some more details? what day? what time?

I have the same concerns as ry1984, as this is my daily driver as well. There are definitly bypasses in case we run into something like this?

let us know the weekend if approaching does anyone still want to meet in davie friday night? i woudln't mind going through a checklist of what i might need to bring for this offroad trip, as this is would be my first time with my own vehicle. did alot in highschool and college but i had a car back then.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:10 PM   #23
kwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kwalton's Tacoma Gallery
here is the link to the event
[URL="http://www.theswampthings4x4club.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=950"[/URL]

and here is a link to some pics of a recent run they did
[URL="http://www.theswampthings4x4club.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=934&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start =30"[/URL]

i drive my taco daily and i have no problems going out there. that pic i posted is worse case scenario in the middle of the rainy season.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:32 AM   #24
dougmays is just really nicedougmays is just really nicedougmays is just really nicedougmays is just really nice
hey guys,
something came up and i wont be able to make it out trail riding on sunday. but lets plan on doing something similar soon, sounds like fun!

does anyone wanna try to meet up at the davie car show? i wasn't able to find much except for this link http://www.southflorida.com/citylink...,4286237.story

looks like anyone can go and park, costs $1 to park your truck/car and $5 if your selling it. i guess we would all meet up before hand and drive in together to get a spot?

take some pictures of that trail ride so i can see what its like out there.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:44 AM   #25
kwalton, how was the trail ride on sunday? sorry i couldn't be there. any pictures?

As for us Broward/Dade members, do we want to try to plan a meet up sometime? Davie car show? Somewhere else?

Would it help if i start a official Broward/Dade thread on the regional boards instead of using this one?
Old 02-09-2009, 11:58 AM   #26
Ry1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Machinery Technician
Ry1984's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougmays View Post
kwalton, how was the trail ride on sunday? sorry i couldn't be there. any pictures?

As for us Broward/Dade members, do we want to try to plan a meet up sometime? Davie car show? Somewhere else?

Would it help if i start a official Broward/Dade thread on the regional boards instead of using this one?
sure doug, that would be a great idea
Old 02-09-2009, 12:32 PM   #27
alright here we go

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...ch-thread.html
Old 02-09-2009, 07:28 PM   #28
kwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kwalton's Tacoma Gallery
i didn't get out to the trails on sunday. spent too much time on my project gti. here is a link to the pics thoughhttp://www.theswampthings4x4club.com...opic.php?t=989

we really need to get some people out there soon while it's still dry