Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Anyone know of a good truck shop in Fort Lauderdale, FL??

Old 12-23-2008, 01:48 PM   #1
dougmays is just really nicedougmays is just really nicedougmays is just really nicedougmays is just really nice
Name: Doug
dougmays's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dougmays
Anyone know of a good truck shop in Fort Lauderdale, FL??

I live in Fort Lauderdale and i wanted to go to a shop and talk to them about options for my truck. Does anyone in the area know of a good place to go?

thanks
Old 12-25-2008, 08:42 PM   #2
Crazy Person.....
br217398 is just really nicebr217398 is just really nicebr217398 is just really nicebr217398 is just really nicebr217398 is just really nice
br217398's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to br217398
tell you the truth im looking for a good shop anywhere in fl... i Hope somebody can help
Old 12-27-2008, 08:59 AM   #3
dougmays is just really nicedougmays is just really nicedougmays is just really nicedougmays is just really nice
i could probably get you some information in the gainesville/ocala area if that helps. i know alot of off roaders up there. but fort lauderdale seems to be slim pickens
Old 01-30-2009, 05:51 PM   #4
sofla is on a distinguished road
Navy: 2nd class em
sofla's Tacoma Gallery
You could try Ideal automotive on powerline and cypress creek rd or truck world on sunrise blvd.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:38 AM   #5
awesome thanks! glad to meet another person on here from FTL. do you do any offroading here?
Old 01-31-2009, 11:21 AM   #7
Ry1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Machinery Technician
Ry1984's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougmays View Post
awesome thanks! glad to meet another person on here from FTL. do you do any offroading here?
hey doug, im from miami. ive been to the truck world in sunrise, real big and nice. Ive been looking for some spots to go offroading, you have any luck?? theres some pretty cool trails off card sound road on key largo if you know where that is. ive gone twice.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:33 AM   #8
sofla is on a distinguished road
Navy: 2nd class em
sofla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I don't do offroad but I think you could go to everglades park and check it out. griffin rd west to the end. glad I could help.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:38 AM   #9
Ry1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ry1984's Tacoma Gallery
quite a few of us south floridians. we should meet up or have a meet or something
Old 01-31-2009, 04:04 PM   #10
i'm down for a meet up! and no i haven't hit any trails or anyting around here. how is sound key? i have heard of a place called teh Holey Lands, i think its on 27 just north of sunrise/weston.

i live in sunrise. i know every friday night there is a car show in davie hear the ale house. old and new cars. we could always try to get a tacoma section. let me know.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:10 PM   #11

Ry1984's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i'm down for a meet up! and no i haven't hit any trails or anyting around here. how is sound key? i have heard of a place called teh Holey Lands, i think its on 27 just north of sunrise/weston.

i live in sunrise. i know every friday night there is a car show in davie hear the ale house. old and new cars. we could always try to get a tacoma section. let me know.
im in for sure
Old 02-01-2009, 09:54 AM   #12
anyone else? i've never been to the carshow or know much about it. do you think we have to call someone and ask for "space"?
Old 02-01-2009, 07:40 PM   #14

Ry1984's Tacoma Gallery
im hoping to make it out to that daytona meet, but davie is even closer.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:32 PM   #15
anyone know anyone who has participated in the davie car show? sounds like a good place to meet, unless we find some trails around the same area. anyone ever been out to the holey lands?

i friend at work and her bf go out there alot i could get some info. seems like alot of people down here go offroading in quads and not trucks. ill also try to find out some info tomorow about the davie car show, see if we'd need to contact someone.

keep ya posted
Old 02-02-2009, 03:28 AM   #16
craigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant future

craigFLA's Tacoma Gallery
Well there are some of us with street trucks who would rather skip the trail meet. I grew up off road, but like many in south Fla have no use for bigger tires and off road suspension, so instead have 20" wheels and low profile tires...

This is the same road block we've hit before (on this site and others).

We really need 2 meets. 1 in Davie (or elsewhere) and another for the off-roaders...
Old 02-02-2009, 11:26 AM   #17
well we could meet in davie just as a "get to know each other". Then if some want to go offroad those people make the plans. I haven't really upgraded my truck. its stock 4x4 and i'm getting new A/T tires soon but other then that its not a "mud truck". but would be nice to ride some trails and stuff.

i guess what i'm saying is my truck isn't really equipted at the momen to do any hardcore rock crawling or anything...but the stock truck still handles its own in the offroad. Plus this is south florida so its not like we are gonna drive over boulders

let me see what i can find out about the davie car meet and see if i can get a contact number.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:57 PM   #18

Ry1984's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
well we could meet in davie just as a "get to know each other". Then if some want to go offroad those people make the plans. I haven't really upgraded my truck. its stock 4x4 and i'm getting new A/T tires soon but other then that its not a "mud truck". but would be nice to ride some trails and stuff.

i guess what i'm saying is my truck isn't really equipted at the momen to do any hardcore rock crawling or anything...but the stock truck still handles its own in the offroad. Plus this is south florida so its not like we are gonna drive over boulders

let me see what i can find out about the davie car meet and see if i can get a contact number.
well im def down for some trail riding, im stock with a/t
Old 02-02-2009, 06:20 PM   #19
kwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kwalton's Tacoma Gallery
hello south floridians. nice to see some more of you out there.

I have had some luck with 4wheelparts in palm beach. as for anything with stereos, alarms, or anything electronic send me a pm. i've been a professional installer for almost 17 years.

as for the wheeling there is a good ride coming up this weekend in palm beach at a place called Corbett. it's a pretty cool place with soft sugar sand and a few good mud holes. this is the perfect time of year to go since it's dry out there. the summer months are the worst; pretty much driving through 2-3 feet of water the whole way. stock suspension guys will be fine as there are bypasses around everything deep. let me know if anyone wants to go.

here's a pic of me getting stuck good the first time i went out there.
it won't be this bad this weekend.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:34 PM   #20
hmmm...seeing that pic is kind of scary sounds fun though. what are the details? is it a one day thing? what day? we could all meet in davie on friday at that meet and then whoever wants to go offroading can make plans.

you sure my stock SR5 with 4x4 will be cool? RY1984 what do you think?