Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

4WD shop in Ga/Al

Old 05-20-2012, 08:34 AM   #1
dommo is on a distinguished road
Army: Drill Sergeant
dommo's Tacoma Gallery
4WD shop in Ga/Al

Can anyone recommend a decent shop to get some work done, both to my Tacoma, and my Jeep? I am in the Ft. Benning/Columbus area, but I'm willing to travel...some. Maybe to Auburn, etc. About that distance. The only recommendations I have got so far are to head all the way up to Atl to the 4wheelparts store...a little to far to travel.

Anyways, any advice would be great. If you had bad experiences, I would like to hear about those too, so that I may avoid the same shop.

Thanks.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:27 AM   #2
mac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud of

Name: Mathew
mac424205's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dommo View Post
Can anyone recommend a decent shop to get some work done, both to my Tacoma, and my Jeep? I am in the Ft. Benning/Columbus area, but I'm willing to travel...some. Maybe to Auburn, etc. About that distance. The only recommendations I have got so far are to head all the way up to Atl to the 4wheelparts store...a little to far to travel.

Anyways, any advice would be great. If you had bad experiences, I would like to hear about those too, so that I may avoid the same shop.

Thanks.
Southern Offroad in the Pelham/Alabaster area is the only big offroad shop that does everything here in Central Alabama.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:30 PM   #3
dommo's Tacoma Gallery
About how far is that from Columbus/Phenix City? I'm guessing that "central Alabama" is a drive. I was pretty surprised to see so few shops that specialized in 4wd/trucks in general, with as many lift Jeeps and trucks driving around.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:34 PM   #4
dommo's Tacoma Gallery
Nevermind, just mapquested it...yeah, about the same time/distance as 4wheelparts. Realistically, I would have to tow the Jeep that far, kinda defeats the purpose.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:45 PM   #5
mac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud of

Name: Mathew
mac424205's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nevermind, just mapquested it...yeah, about the same time/distance as 4wheelparts. Realistically, I would have to tow the Jeep that far, kinda defeats the purpose.
how does it defeat the purpose? it's in Pelham, Alabama zip code 35124. Just curious. Wouldn't you have to tow the jeep anyways to drop it off? If not why couldn't it be driven there? JW
Old 07-08-2012, 05:00 AM   #6
Hdeuce22 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
Hdeuce22's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

Quote:

Thanks.
CTU (Custom Trucks Unnlimited) in Auburn does great work
Old 08-02-2012, 04:47 AM   #7
TechJunky has a brilliant futureTechJunky has a brilliant futureTechJunky has a brilliant futureTechJunky has a brilliant futureTechJunky has a brilliant futureTechJunky has a brilliant futureTechJunky has a brilliant futureTechJunky has a brilliant futureTechJunky has a brilliant futureTechJunky has a brilliant futureTechJunky has a brilliant future

Name: Eric
TechJunky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hdeuce22 View Post
CTU (Custom Trucks Unnlimited) in Auburn does great work
A bit of a hike but, ACC in Atlanta are truly the best!
Old 08-02-2012, 04:50 AM   #8
TechJunky has a brilliant futureTechJunky has a brilliant futureTechJunky has a brilliant futureTechJunky has a brilliant futureTechJunky has a brilliant futureTechJunky has a brilliant futureTechJunky has a brilliant futureTechJunky has a brilliant futureTechJunky has a brilliant futureTechJunky has a brilliant futureTechJunky has a brilliant future

Name: Eric
TechJunky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechJunky View Post
A bit of a hike but, ACC in Atlanta are truly the best!
Ooops, quoted the wrong post. Meant no dis.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:51 AM   #9
bridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: If I told you....I'd have to kill you. ;-)
bridgcat's Tacoma Gallery
Truck Customs in Montgomery, Performance Truck in Montgomery and Blue Ox Outfitters in Millbrook....all in AL. Hit wire road out of Phenix City, get onto 85 and you'll be in Montgomery in an hour and a half driving the speed limit. Performance is probably the best as far as knowledge and price. Blue Ox is high priced and Truck Customs is a bit over priced even though they charge less, they take longer so you pay more.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:12 AM   #11
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Thanks.
How about Lightsey's off road in Columbus? He's in with Jeff's truck tops on Hamilton Road. His Jeep is the burgundy one sitting out front. Talk to Scott Lightsey.