1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Calling all Virginians (Tidewater area)

Discussion in 'Virginia' started by Alaskaflyer, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Sep 9, 2012 at 5:02 PM
    My68ur8trd

My68ur8trd Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Williamsburg, VA
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD OR Dcab 4x4
    URD Catback | TRD CAI | TRD S/C | APR X-1 | DTLT | APR 2.85" Pulley |Fabtech 6" | Icon C/O | Alcan Leafs | 33 Grabber AT2 | 17" XD Addicts

yeah, you and joe have seen it

It would be a nice place for someone that has a project. And its Ok for 1 kid, maybe 2 if you dont need an extra room.

Justin

2. Sep 9, 2012 at 5:04 PM
    Turd Herding Jim

Turd Herding Jim What's wrong bro, DERPes flaring up?

Member:
    First Name:
    Big Jim
    Everett, WA
    Vehicle:
    07 SR5 4x4
    3" Icon Stage 3 lift, All Pro Off Road APEX front bumper, Amor Tech Off Road high clearance rear bumer, Armor Tech Off Road rock sliders. URD Short Shifter, HID Headlights, Level 8 Guardian Wheels, 285/75-16 Falken Rock Mountain ATS tires, 4.56's with front and rear ARB air lockers, BesTop Soft Cover
    Just be happy your not a badgers and brewers fan too! Looks like the only thing I have to look forward to this fall is sons of anarchy season 5!

3. Sep 9, 2012 at 5:04 PM
    J Rod

J Rod Loves Sammiches.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Where theres more livestock than humans.
    Vehicle:
    2010 FJC
    16x8 Method NV Wheels, 285/75/16 Duratracs, Axe/Shovel Mount for Roof Rack, Tuffy Light Mount, Rigid Industries 40" LED light bar, Husky Liner floor mats, TT Blackout all around.
    Must say, David Akers field goal from 63 yards was very impressive. Was a good game in general.

4. Sep 9, 2012 at 5:06 PM
    wrmathis

wrmathis Dark Lord of the Sith

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Bonaire, GA
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4
    parts and stuff
    if u would have decided this a year ago, i would have jumped on it. i had to move last december. if i knew i had more than a year left here, i would jump on it but dont wanna move again for only a year

5. Sep 9, 2012 at 5:06 PM
    SWB Chick

SWB Chick Mrs. EL TACOROJO

Member:
    First Name:
    Dawn
    South Mills, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 DCab LB Sport 4X4
    Yes, please bring on the SOA.... Can't wait!

6. Sep 9, 2012 at 5:09 PM
    Slimwood Shady

Slimwood Shady I love your mom!

Member:
    First Name:
    Linwood
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    '23 TRD Pro Tundra; 996TT; '16 Odyssey
    #nomods
    I have seen it too when we did my arm rests....it is indeed very nice. I think you could easily rent it for that much. Most military BAH for this area (NN, Hampton, Williamsburg, Gloucester) is around that if they have a family.

7. Sep 9, 2012 at 5:31 PM
    J Rod

J Rod Loves Sammiches.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Vehicle:
    2010 FJC
    16x8 Method NV Wheels, 285/75/16 Duratracs, Axe/Shovel Mount for Roof Rack, Tuffy Light Mount, Rigid Industries 40" LED light bar, Husky Liner floor mats, TT Blackout all around.
    Anyone interested in buying some 17" TRD Sport wheels? Wheels are in excellent condition, still has the TPMS in them too. Tires will need to eventually need to be replaced (2 are almost at the wear indicator, 2 have about 30-40%). I will also throw in a complete set of the factory lugnuts too. They are taking up space at my buddies and would like to get them out of there. Trying to get $250 out of the set.

8. Sep 9, 2012 at 5:48 PM
    My68ur8trd

My68ur8trd Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Williamsburg, VA
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD OR Dcab 4x4
    URD Catback | TRD CAI | TRD S/C | APR X-1 | DTLT | APR 2.85" Pulley |Fabtech 6" | Icon C/O | Alcan Leafs | 33 Grabber AT2 | 17" XD Addicts

Thats good to know.

Being this close to Camp Perry and not to far from Eustis, it would fit in well.

Thanks for that

now the whole, buy a house and rent a house fiasco...

I still have to convince the bank ...

Justin

9. Sep 10, 2012 at 4:42 AM
    jdhaas3

jdhaas3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    Jeep Rubicon
    Durango front bumper, Warn Dual Force Powerplant HP winch with synthetic line, 3.5 AE lift, regeared to 4.88, ARB diff cover
    New bumper ships today!

10. Sep 10, 2012 at 4:46 AM
    Namyo

Namyo -

Member:
    :woot:

11. Sep 10, 2012 at 4:57 AM
    Techoma

Techoma This is the Wild, Wild, West!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Extreme Expo 05 PreRunner
    Dirty fives on Level 8s, 4.88 gears and Harrod Locker on rear. Cab Chop x2, MBRP Cat Back Dual Exhaust w Flowmaster 44 for punch, cut off at rear axle, Throttle Body spacer, Camburg UCA and Coil-Overs, Matrix Spindle lift up front ProComp extended travel on rear w\ Dakar leafs +, Panasonic HU w Front x2 and rear x1 camera, kicker 500 powering 2 JL Audio 10" subs, JL component speakers in front doors and JL audio coaxials in rear doors powered by alpine 600 amp. Cobra all in one CB, Easy Lift hood, and Easy Down Tailgate, Pop N Lock, Dual RGB Halo Projectors, Blacked out tails with HI intensity LED's, Scanguage II, AVID Custom sliders and Hybrid rear bumper, Pelfreybilt Hybrid front, Glock Steering Column Holster, 2 Hella's behind Satoshi on Avid light Bar, Decepticon Badges, 2x 24" LED ropes and 2X 4" HI LEDs to fire up Satoshi w Super Bright green Halo's. Under Hood lighting as well as RGB rock lights. PrinSu Cab/Shell Rack with FreeSpirit hard shell RTT, 28", 2x 20", and 50" LED Bars all controlled by SwitchPros and Weathertechs front and rear.
    Morning All.

Did the YAK thing yesterday... what a perfect day.... got a little too much sun. Great day none the less. Good folks, good times!

The truck... I'm so much happier with the 885's over the 886's. The ride is substantially different, and I only lost about .25" in height which is fine. I still can't believe how much easier and faster it is to use the LCA and jack as the spring compressor!!!

I removed my 3 door steps as well as the mounts for the 4th (which was claimed by the latest Shoe Creek Run). I got one of the sliders ground down to metal, treated, primed... and ready to rattle can. If I get home at a descent time tonight, I'll be grinding down the 2nd one or painting the one thats ready.

A few of us had a discussion about what coating to put on them. I decided Linex... and had a guy lined up to do it (free) at his shop. Lynnwood mntioned the possibility of water gettting behind the coating if they get chipped or scratched so I dcided against it. As it turns out... they had some sort of spray on on coating (rattle can bed liner or undercoating) already... and as I was grinding... that's exactly what I was discovering! Pockets of heavy rust underneath what looked to be smooth coating! So, just like I rattle can the rinms when they get scratched, I'll be rattle canning my sliders when they do.

8AM... time to get to work looking for work! :D

Originally Posted by jdhaas3 [​IMG]
    New bumper ships today!

Front or rear?

12. Sep 10, 2012 at 5:11 AM
    Namyo

Namyo -

Member:
    Changing teh springs that way mo scary Jon?

13. Sep 10, 2012 at 5:24 AM
    StAndrew

StAndrew Wait for it...

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Hampton Roads, Va
    Vehicle:
    SR5 4x4TRD
    Intake, exhaust, lift. Typical stuff.
    Nothin's mo scary dan Jon's compressors :eek:.

14. Sep 10, 2012 at 5:30 AM
    Namyo

Namyo -

Member:
    dan jon? (heavy Souf aksent)

:laugh:

15. Sep 10, 2012 at 5:32 AM
    EL TACOROJO

EL TACOROJO SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.

Member:
    First Name:
    BURRY
    south mills NORCAK
    Vehicle:
    03 dblcab prerunner sr5 v6
    smoked taillights,smoked front turnsignals,smoked 3rd brake light,black badges,black roof rack,removed mud flaps,debadged, camburg 2.5 coilovers,camburg uca's, cobra 25 cb, 4ft firestick ant, dust light/bed lights , 4 hellas on the front
    Mornin folks another day on the grind

16. Sep 10, 2012 at 5:32 AM
    EL TACOROJO

EL TACOROJO SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.

Member:
    First Name:
    BURRY
    south mills NORCAK
    Vehicle:
    03 dblcab prerunner sr5 v6
    smoked taillights,smoked front turnsignals,smoked 3rd brake light,black badges,black roof rack,removed mud flaps,debadged, camburg 2.5 coilovers,camburg uca's, cobra 25 cb, 4ft firestick ant, dust light/bed lights , 4 hellas on the front
    Mornin folks another day on the grind

17. Sep 10, 2012 at 5:38 AM
    J Rod

J Rod Loves Sammiches.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Vehicle:
    2010 FJC
    Morning y'all! It's absolutely beautiful this morning, couldn't ask for better weather.

18. Sep 10, 2012 at 5:46 AM
    Turd Herding Jim

Turd Herding Jim What's wrong bro, DERPes flaring up?

Member:
    First Name:
    Big Jim
    Everett, WA
    Vehicle:
    07 SR5 4x4
    3" Icon Stage 3 lift, All Pro Off Road APEX front bumper, Amor Tech Off Road high clearance rear bumer, Armor Tech Off Road rock sliders. URD Short Shifter, HID Headlights, Level 8 Guardian Wheels, 285/75-16 Falken Rock Mountain ATS tires, 4.56's with front and rear ARB air lockers, BesTop Soft Cover
    such a bad day, got to post it twice?!

19. Sep 10, 2012 at 5:47 AM
    Namyo

Namyo -

Member:
    :wave:
    :wave:
    Did feel good as a mug this morning!

20. Sep 10, 2012 at 6:59 AM
    Techoma

Techoma This is the Wild, Wild, West!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Extreme Expo 05 PreRunner
    Dirty fives on Level 8s, 4.88 gears and Harrod Locker on rear. Cab Chop x2, MBRP Cat Back Dual Exhaust w Flowmaster 44 for punch, cut off at rear axle, Throttle Body spacer, Camburg UCA and Coil-Overs, Matrix Spindle lift up front ProComp extended travel on rear w\ Dakar leafs +, Panasonic HU w Front x2 and rear x1 camera, kicker 500 powering 2 JL Audio 10" subs, JL component speakers in front doors and JL audio coaxials in rear doors powered by alpine 600 amp. Cobra all in one CB, Easy Lift hood, and Easy Down Tailgate, Pop N Lock, Dual RGB Halo Projectors, Blacked out tails with HI intensity LED's, Scanguage II, AVID Custom sliders and Hybrid rear bumper, Pelfreybilt Hybrid front, Glock Steering Column Holster, 2 Hella's behind Satoshi on Avid light Bar, Decepticon Badges, 2x 24" LED ropes and 2X 4" HI LEDs to fire up Satoshi w Super Bright green Halo's. Under Hood lighting as well as RGB rock lights. PrinSu Cab/Shell Rack with FreeSpirit hard shell RTT, 28", 2x 20", and 50" LED Bars all controlled by SwitchPros and Weathertechs front and rear.
    Dang.... why all the hatin on my compressors? No one's ever lost a limb or a digit from them!!!! The cheap ones had to be cut. I had an 886 stuck in it, and it wouldn't decompress. Was hitting it with a sledge and tossing it in the air! Ended up putting it in a big press on a bench, then grinding the little u bolts that had it bound. When we opened the press.... The spring kickd and flew. Missed 3 of us. Always a good time!!! :D

The LCA - floor jack method is stupid simple and safe!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top