Southeast Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South East

Notices

Calling all Virginians (Tidewater area)

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-03-2013, 11:04 AM   #39921
wrestler157 is a splendid one to beholdwrestler157 is a splendid one to beholdwrestler157 is a splendid one to beholdwrestler157 is a splendid one to beholdwrestler157 is a splendid one to beholdwrestler157 is a splendid one to beholdwrestler157 is a splendid one to behold

wrestler157's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaMatt View Post
14 mpg here
Yea im at 15 with stock tires in my 4runner i really might think about removing my roof rack see if that helps.

I want to go to 35s but stock gearing (3.73) and the bad mileage i get now im not sure if i should or just do 33s
Old 02-03-2013, 11:38 AM   #39922
PantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Luke
Location: Home: Lexington, VA Current: Pittsburgh/Chicora, PA
PantherTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeene9 View Post
Stock you should be up in the 19's or higher.
mountains dont help
Old 02-03-2013, 11:42 AM   #39923
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatTaco View Post
mountains dont help
Yeah that'd kill it. Can't wait for the day I get to use the supercharger at 5,000' +.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:49 AM   #39924
DaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant future

Name: David
DaveEli's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enders Taco View Post
Hey guys, some of yoos are fantastic about trolling for parts on CL and various other places. Please let me know if you see a good deal on Icon UCA's or a WARN winch. I'm planning on getting the 700 pound coils new and I'm thinking about buying the winch new too. Need to support our economy... I know I'm going to be over budget but I want to stay as close to 1k as I can
I am thinking about a Warn winch also. Either the Warn 26502 M8000 or the Warn 87800 M800-s. I think the only difference is the synthetic cable. I am wondering how much of a difference the cable makes.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:25 PM   #39928
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
While we're on this subject what the pros and cons of synthetic and cable?
Old 02-03-2013, 12:26 PM   #39929
Enders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Ben
Enders Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
http://dieseltoys.com/toyota $25k for the swap.
Hmm, bio diesel. If they made a tank that mounted in the stock spare tire location with a fill nozzle by the wheel arch it would be much more friendly for me. But 25K is pushing it, a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL TACOROJO View Post
I think they are 4.10
Pretty sure the 4c are 4.10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveEli View Post
I am thinking about a Warn winch also. Either the Warn 26502 M8000 or the Warn 87800 M800-s. I think the only difference is the synthetic cable. I am wondering how much of a difference the cable makes.
Steel cable typically adds 30-40 lbs. synthetic rope can be damaged more easily if dragged over rocks. Trade off between weight and strength.

Quote:
Haha..oh I inderstand completely have you looked at the smittybilt xrc winches..I got mine with synthetic rope for less than a warn with steel cable and love it. ..linwood is running the same one..xrc8
I know there are several Chinese built winches of good reputation, especially if you break them down, clean them then use a high end grease before install. Warn for me is less about product quality and more about investing in my country by supporting a local manufacturer.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:36 PM   #39931
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enders Taco View Post
Pretty sure the 4c are 4.10.
no, all 2nd gens that have the v6 except for the x-runner is 3.73
Old 02-03-2013, 12:37 PM   #39932
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
Quote:
Lighter..no frays..no rust..easier to handle..rope is far superior Imo
plus synthetic wont have the chance to kill you if it breaks
Old 02-03-2013, 12:42 PM   #39933
20TRD07 has a spectacular aura about20TRD07 has a spectacular aura about
Navy: LCAC Navigator
Name: Billy
20TRD07's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody looking for a brand new set of Maxtrac spindles, let me know. Time for a new gun!!!!
Old 02-03-2013, 01:12 PM   #39934
DaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant future

Name: David
DaveEli's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Haha..oh I inderstand completely have you looked at the smittybilt xrc winches..I got mine with synthetic rope for less than a warn with steel cable and love it. ..linwood is running the same one..xrc8
I have considered both but can't make up my mind. There is a hell of a difference in price. I have read alot about the smittybilt, and I guess as long as you regrease it and relocate the solinoid it's good to go. You got yours with the synthetic line already installed, what is the weight difference? The website is confusing, I think it has the one with synthetic line weighing more than the one with steel line. I could get the wife to agree to this one. How hard is it to regrease it?
Old 02-03-2013, 01:45 PM   #39939
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveEli View Post
I think I will get the Smittybilt with the synthetic rope. I will probably regrease it before I install it, don't want to have to remove the bumper more than once. I need to lower it some as you and Linwood pointed out, so I won't damage my grille. Might as well do everything at once.
Tis is the best plan!

On another note....Pres is going to make football 2 hand touch and will be eating his wangs during the Super Bowl....smh

Products Discussed in this Thread