1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Calling all Virginians (Tidewater area)

Discussion in 'Virginia' started by Alaskaflyer, Dec 26, 2008.

1. May 13, 2013 at 2:59 PM
    Techoma

Techoma This is the Wild, Wild, West!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Extreme Expo 05 PreRunner
    Dirty fives on Level 8s, 4.88 gears and Harrod Locker on rear. Cab Chop x2, MBRP Cat Back Dual Exhaust w Flowmaster 44 for punch, cut off at rear axle, Throttle Body spacer, Camburg UCA and Coil-Overs, Matrix Spindle lift up front ProComp extended travel on rear w\ Dakar leafs +, Panasonic HU w Front x2 and rear x1 camera, kicker 500 powering 2 JL Audio 10" subs, JL component speakers in front doors and JL audio coaxials in rear doors powered by alpine 600 amp. Cobra all in one CB, Easy Lift hood, and Easy Down Tailgate, Pop N Lock, Dual RGB Halo Projectors, Blacked out tails with HI intensity LED's, Scanguage II, AVID Custom sliders and Hybrid rear bumper, Pelfreybilt Hybrid front, Glock Steering Column Holster, 2 Hella's behind Satoshi on Avid light Bar, Decepticon Badges, 2x 24" LED ropes and 2X 4" HI LEDs to fire up Satoshi w Super Bright green Halo's. Under Hood lighting as well as RGB rock lights. PrinSu Cab/Shell Rack with FreeSpirit hard shell RTT, 28", 2x 20", and 50" LED Bars all controlled by SwitchPros and Weathertechs front and rear.

32's... sweet. ETA?

2. May 13, 2013 at 3:01 PM
    ckeene9

ckeene9 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chesterfield, VA
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB Supercharged 4x4 TRD Sport
    See Build Thread
    What do you need spacers for? Those should clear everything just fine.

3. May 13, 2013 at 3:11 PM
    spot

spot Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Surry
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB Tacoma
    ARB Front Bumper Fox Extended RR w/ 650 coil LR UCA All Pro expedition Leafs Icon 2.0 Aluminum rear shocks All Pro Steel Pac Rack
    eta on my tires is within 2 weeks ...
    I want spacers to get a wider stance and put the tires closer to the outside of the wheel well... i have 265/70/17 now and they sit like 2in inside

4. May 13, 2013 at 4:50 PM
    FrustrationFabTaco

FrustrationFabTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Lexington, VA
    Vehicle:
    11 Duramax Grandpa Truck Special
    :spy:
  5. May 13, 2013 at 4:55 PM
    ponethousand

ponethousand Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    04 trd dc limited
    regeared, locked, armor, and stuff
    Damn that looks great. I need one of those.

6. May 13, 2013 at 5:15 PM
    wrmathis

wrmathis Dark Lord of the Sith

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Bonaire, GA
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4
    parts and stuff
    Uh I'm sure Barry can give it to u. Just have to go to his rape shed.

Oh u talkin about the bed rack? Uh yeah he might do that also

7. May 13, 2013 at 5:26 PM
    StAndrew

StAndrew Wait for it...

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Hampton Roads, Va
    Vehicle:
    SR5 4x4TRD
    Intake, exhaust, lift. Typical stuff.
    If you're good, you can get both!:rofl:

8. May 13, 2013 at 5:45 PM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    Hey guys, just wanted to chime in here with my wheel and tire situation.

Ordered Warden AT's in 33's and got those in 2 weeks ago. Ordered Ballistic Jesters from a Wheel and tire store on ebay (supposedly reputable, 27 years in service) and got those in 2 weeks ago as well. Here's the issue;

I got 17x9 in +12 offset instead of -12 as stated in the ad. These wheels will not fit without $200 spidertrax spacers. Contacted the seller and he said they would fit a stock Tacoma (I never mentioned if it was lifted or not, just made sure they were 6/139.7) yet they are NOT what was stated in the ad. Went around the bush with him and never got anywhere. I filed a PayPal dispute and was told that I was in the right and my money would be refunded but I would have to pay $100 in shipping back to the seller. I stated it was not my responsibility to pay for shipping on something that was wrong and not stated in the ad.

They said they'd leave a note in the dispute saying that if the seller didn't respond in 3 days then paypal would pay half shipping back. Fast forward 5 days later and no note has been left on the dispute and now paypal is claiming they won't pay any shipping back to the seller, as "retail stores don't pay you gas money to return to the store". I raised hell on the phone with them. I filed a dispute with Visa and they are now investigating the situation. I have all email correspondence and a multiple screen shots of the ebay ad to back up my case.

What should my next action be? Thoughts on the matter?

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  9. May 13, 2013 at 5:53 PM
    YotaMatt

YotaMatt Livin Low, Ridin High

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    West Point VA
    Vehicle:
    12 PreRunner DC TRD Sport
    Spidertraxx 1.25" spacers in front and rear, 4" Maxtrac Spindles,Billy 5100s at 0", OME 885 Springs, 1/4" top spacer on both sides, 1.5" AAL, 3" Block, 1.5" 4crawler driveshaft spacer, 17x9 XD Spys with 35x12.50 Nitto Mud Grapplers, Magnaflow offroad Stainless Exhaust, Volant Intake with scoop,Camo emblems, BHLM, Tinted tailights, Anytime fog mod,Alpine Type R 12, Kicker 1000 watt amp,600 watt 4 channel memphis and all memphis components, 35%tint front all the rest at 5%, Hella 500s with sylvania zxe bulbs, sylvania zxe headlights, sylvania zxe fogs, Weathertech digi fits, flyzeye blue/white, LED map dome license plate lights, Redline hood struts, Tailgate EZ Down, Custom TRD Camo Browning Edition Bedsides, Camo wet okoles, Ridgid Dually bed lights, SOS Concepts Tire Carrier
    Damn man that sux....I wouldve tried to get some free wheel spacers out of the deal from the seller...wouldve saved alot of hassle

10. May 13, 2013 at 7:21 PM
    Techoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Dirty fives on Level 8s, 4.88 gears and Harrod Locker on rear. Cab Chop x2, MBRP Cat Back Dual Exhaust w Flowmaster 44 for punch, cut off at rear axle, Throttle Body spacer, Camburg UCA and Coil-Overs, Matrix Spindle lift up front ProComp extended travel on rear w\ Dakar leafs +, Panasonic HU w Front x2 and rear x1 camera, kicker 500 powering 2 JL Audio 10" subs, JL component speakers in front doors and JL audio coaxials in rear doors powered by alpine 600 amp. Cobra all in one CB, Easy Lift hood, and Easy Down Tailgate, Pop N Lock, Dual RGB Halo Projectors, Blacked out tails with HI intensity LED's, Scanguage II, AVID Custom sliders and Hybrid rear bumper, Pelfreybilt Hybrid front, Glock Steering Column Holster, 2 Hella's behind Satoshi on Avid light Bar, Decepticon Badges, 2x 24" LED ropes and 2X 4" HI LEDs to fire up Satoshi w Super Bright green Halo's. Under Hood lighting as well as RGB rock lights. PrinSu Cab/Shell Rack with FreeSpirit hard shell RTT, 28", 2x 20", and 50" LED Bars all controlled by SwitchPros and Weathertechs front and rear.
    You should come out OK with Visa.

11. May 13, 2013 at 7:27 PM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    He said I could run $5 spacers to make them work but I wasn't fond of the idea that I'd be running those to fit $500 wheels. :eek:
    Thanks for the heads up John.

12. May 13, 2013 at 8:01 PM
    Techoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Just remember... Squeaky wheel! Also... Amazon pays shipping for returns, as do most online retailers when they are in the wrong. Keep us informed so we know what the outcome is. Once settled... Make the EBay sellers store name be known here.

13. May 14, 2013 at 4:50 AM
    Techoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    U my friend, are my hero today!

14. May 14, 2013 at 4:51 AM
    superwhite10

superwhite10 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Garner, NC
  15. May 14, 2013 at 5:02 AM
    Techoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    I didn't forget you... Just been busy.

16. May 14, 2013 at 5:22 AM
    Patmac

Patmac Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pat
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD Sport
    20% tint, weather techs, icon stage 3. n-fab, bhlm, retrofits, SCS SR8, 285s
    :pccoffee:whats up dudes

17. May 14, 2013 at 5:27 AM
    SWB Chick

SWB Chick Mrs. EL TACOROJO

Member:
    First Name:
    Dawn
    South Mills, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 DCab LB Sport 4X4

^^Nice table.

:wave:

18. May 14, 2013 at 5:33 AM
    wrmathis

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Bonaire, GA
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4
    parts and stuff
    thats j00 husbands handy work. but hey, it works

19. May 14, 2013 at 5:39 AM
    SWB Chick

SWB Chick Mrs. EL TACOROJO

Member:
    First Name:
    Dawn
    South Mills, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 DCab LB Sport 4X4
    slap a piece of wood on top... Picnic table :)

20. May 14, 2013 at 5:59 AM
    wrmathis

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Bonaire, GA
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4
    parts and stuff

damn skippy. told him to box in some of the spots for little cubby holes to hold his shit that kept falling on the ground :p

Products Discussed in

To Top